Brookdale Churchill

140 Carriage Club Drive, Mooresville, NC, 28117

Reviews of Brookdale Churchill

Caring107788950 June 18, 2015

Brookdale was nice but a much smaller facility, and it didn’t offer all the options. The staff was great, the chef made banana bread, and we were able to take home lots of banana breads. It looks very nice except that it was much smaller; there were not many options. They didn’t have options for couples there, and they didn’t have rooms for two. It was kind of located right in the middle of a commercial area, and with the folks that were there, it wasn’t the energy level I was looking for.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your visit, and are very sorry to hear Brookdale Churchill did not meet your expectations. We are committed to continuous quality service and care and will share your feedback with our management team.

Caring105549050 May 03, 2015

Brookdale Churchill has good activities and a nice environment. It is more like a home than a facility. The staff was friendly and professional. They have a lot of different options of activities besides just bingo and coloring. Security and safety management seemed topnotch. Brookdale was more expensive though than most. The dining room was like a restaurant. It was appealing to the eye. The food that the residents were having at the time looked appealing.

Caring99638950 September 30, 2014

Emeritus at Churchill was so homey, comfortable, and beautifully decorated. People were excellent, so open and warm. They make you feel very comfortable. I had a friend there too -- that's why I looked at that place because he was living there -- and it was wonderful. They had different sized rooms that would fit your needs. The food was excellent. They had well-balanced nutritional meals. They had snacks that they brought around certain times of the day. The menu was always posted. My overall experience with them was excellent. If I had the money, I would stay there.

Caring82353550 June 18, 2014

My mother-in-law is at Emeritus at Churchill. We chose it for it's location. It is close to me. Also it appears to be clean. My mother-in-law is in a 1-bedroom. The staff is accommodating. They seem very nice as well. They have bingo, and they have singers and a pianist that come in for them. They have Easter bonnets and casino nights. There are a lot of complaints about the food, though. They're always complaining about the food. However, I think it is very difficult with multiple elderly people. They all have different opinions and different wants.

advice May 18, 2014

BEWARE THIS FACILITY IS UNDER STAFFED AND THE STAFF IS NOT HAPPY THERE. We started out in the assisted living and from there to memory care. It is not run properly. Mistakes are made everyday from medications given wrong, falls, residents left unattended. The staff within the unit has to do laundry, serve the meals and this leaves the dementia patient unattended. The managerial staff will lie to protect themselves so you can never feel comfortable with any answer you might get when voicing a concern or question. Our advice is think long and hard before entering the doors at Emeritus at Churchill in Mooresville, nc

Glen2 March 31, 2014

Emeritus of Churchill is a very nice facility, and it's very clean. I like this a lot. The staff are very helpful. I was not able to eat there, but saw the food and it was good.

Caring73334550 November 27, 2013

Emeritus at Churchill is a pretty nice facility, but it's really expensive. The staff are evidently doing their job. For a single resident, the room is fine, but when you have two adults there I don’t think they are large enough.

Naomi3 November 23, 2013

The facility where my friend is in right now used to be called Churchill Estates or something like that until Emeritus bought it. I'm there all the time to see my friend. It's a beautiful place. Very pretty! It's beautifully kept and very inviting. They do have apartments. They even have one and two-bedroom apartments. They also have different levels of care, e.g. independent living and assisted living. I like this place. When Emeritus took over, they really up the price and so it's expensive living there. They could improve on the price as they were expensive. Also my friend complains that since they got a new chef, food isn't as good. I only ate there once or twice and it was alright, but it was institution type food.

Audrey8 September 10, 2013

Emeritus is very nice and very attractive. I saw a lot of amenities but I don't like it because it's very big but I liked the environment there.

Sherry8508 August 02, 2013

I was very impressed with Emeritus. Everything was excellent there. They had a lot of activities for the residents. They took the residents out several times a week. The only problem that I would have would be the distance from home and the traffic in getting there.

Carol 3 May 29, 2013

We chose Emeritus at Churchill for my mother because of its location. The place is very clean. The staff seemed very friendly and seemed to know what they were doing.

Cloop83 April 28, 2013

Luxury community, a resort for seniors. I always thought of nursing homes when I thought of senior living but Churchill is nothing like that. It's a beautiful active community that my mom loves. She was totally against the idea of moving in but could not be happier now. The staff and the director are the nicest people. I highly recommend it.

Robert March 08, 2013

Emeritus was nice but the director didn't make my mom feel comfortable. I didn't like the staff there.

Greg3 February 09, 2013

I went to visit Emeritus, and I happen to know the administrator of the facility. It's a top-notch, and I really like it. It's a very nice place that reminds me of a country club for seniors. The staff was very professional. They have a full menu. The dining room was a buffet for the retirement living, while in the memory care they bring you trays. It's very clean and well-decorated. They have a lot of common areas that are very well appointed with sofas and they even have a little bistro.

From Brookdale Churchill

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Churchill

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: 8 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: yes

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Churchill