Atria Newell Creek Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

4.7

September 26, 2014

By Steve42

They had a program where you bought in at a low rate and then they charge you for the various amount of care that you require. It all starts at level one and my mother is not going to be a level one, but for a day or two, because I knew she needed more assistance than that. Even though the Emeritus was a very nice facility, I chose the other one because of what they offer in order to support my mother. It was a very good visit and they were very good in explaining everything, so I rated them very highly for that. I just couldn't determine that they could offer what I was looking for in the way of help for my mother because everything is a step program where you pay an entry fee, and then if you need this many additional ministerial hours they charge you much more, and if you need more hours they charge this much more, and much more for more hours. I couldn't be certain that they would do what I thought was needed for my mother such as going to her room every morning, getting her washed up and dressed, getting her to breakfast, and then putting her in the daily activities. I couldn't be certain it was part of their protocol or their program. You couldn't figure out what your cost was going to be and you couldn't confirm what they were going to do for her. They told me that I was going to start off at level one, for instance, but there are four or five levels you go through, and then based on the time needed to provide support to my mom, I couldn't be certain based on what they tell me where I was going to fall, so that is why I didn't choose them. I would have chosen them because the facility was absolutely gorgeous if they had a program for people that had severe cases of dementia. If they had a specific program for patients in the memory care, I probably would have gone there. The lady I talked to was very knowledgeable and the people working there were very friendly.

Photos of Atria Newell Creek

Features of Atria Newell Creek

• State Licenses: #2652R

About Atria Newell Creek

Located just northeast of Cleveland on a campus with beautiful gardens and breathtaking oaks, Atria Newell Creek is a senior living community designed for those looking for the simple life, along with discreet, round-the-clock professional support. In addition to independent and assisted living services, Atria Newell Creek offers Life Guidance® memory care for individuals living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.

Each day welcomes new opportunities for fitness, fun, creativity and connection. And because Atria Newell Creek takes care of the cooking, cleaning and home maintenance, residents have more time to pursue their passions – and discover new ones.

Every day is a chance to make new memories. Residents can enjoy a conversation with neighbors over a chef-prepared breakfast. Meet up in the grand parlor for a piano sing-along. Or, if they’re in the mood, they can even have an adventure with friends at Mentor Lagoons Nature Preserve and Marina.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 180 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 21,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 13,500 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them to keep making a positive difference in our world.

Map of Atria Newell Creek