Bethlehem Woods Retirement Community

1571 W. Ogden Ave, La Grange Park, IL, 60526

Reviews of Bethlehem Woods Retirement Community

theresidentsarehungry October 06, 2014

My aunt pays close to $4000 per month for her apartment, which is very nice. It includes one skimpy meal each day. The food has gotten much worse since the purchase of the property by Presence. Sunday dinner used to include prime rib. This Sunday, she received a sad portion of mushy chicken pot pie. It included maybe 2 ounces of dried out chicken in a thick gravy with a side of steamed and unseasoned carrots. The calories are inadequate; she has lost over 40 pounds since living at Bethlehem Woods. I think the management doesn't care about the complaints by the residents; they die at a rate of one per week, so the management assumes they can wait out the troublemakers. Last week, my aunt ate dinner at the "country store", a casual dining spot in the facility. Dinner was being cooked by a very untrained (and, I'll assume, unlicensed) dish washer. It took 45 minutes to receive her 2 slices of overcooked, inedible, and overspiced French Toast with one piece of sausage. That's a dinner? Some of the employees (especially the custodial staff) are very responsive and caring. Management and the miserable human being at the front desk, however, will promise the moon and deliver nothing new. 4 stars for the lovely facility and location. 0 stars for the food and management of Bethlehem Woods; average of 2 stars.

Loves teeth June 02, 2014

The food service has changed and it is now terrible. Both mother and in laws have lived here for a few years. It is too bad they are not listening to your residents. Even I won't join they for dinner anymore after hearing how bad it is.

William38 May 23, 2014

Mom has at Bethlehem Woods for about three weeks now, and I am very happy. It’s close to where my sisters and I live, and we are her primary caregivers, so that is really important. It is also a Catholic facility, and my mother is a very devoted Catholic. I appreciate the fact that she can go to church every day and receive communion in her room. This facility came highly recommended, also, by my friends, whose parents were there. The staff is very good. My mother is very fussy, but she likes the food, so I guess that is a good thing. She is able to live independently and have her own apartment. It's a well-maintained building with lots and lots of things for the residents to do.

happy4mom February 29, 2012

The facility is located in a lovely section of LaGrange Park, close to shopping and medical facilities. The staff all seems warm and welcoming, with an emphasis on care and concern. The layout of the building is well organized, offering units as studios, one and two bedrooms.Many activities are offered to the community, including entertainment, bus trips, shopping trips and trips to doctors/hospitals. Also onsite is a beauty parlor/barber shop, and a small convenience store. For retirement residents dinner is served daily in a beautiful dining room with china, nice glassware, and silverware. Food seems to be average, however, seeming a bit on the spicy side.Apartment units seem to be well insulated from extraneous noise. Laundry locations seem to be convenient and adequate. A watchful, yet not intrusive eye is kept on the residents, such as a check if one doesn't show for dinner. Light housekeeping is done every other week, mainly consisting of vacuuming, dusting and surface cleaning.All in all our experience with Bethlehem Woods has been quite satisfactory. Our mother, all though resistant at first is making the adjustment.

About Bethlehem Woods Retirement Community

Bethlehem Woods Retirement Community is an assisted living facility in La Grange Park, IL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Bethlehem Woods Retirement Community for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Bethlehem Woods Retirement Community