Emerald Park Retirement

5770 Stirling Rd, Hollywood, FL, 33021

Reviews of Emerald Park Retirement

Ileana1 February 11, 2016

Emerald Park Retirement was not good at all. It looked like a nursing home instead of a memory care facility; very old, and very dark. The rooms, and the dining area were very small; and very dark as well. I didn't like it at all.

Caring114858650 October 28, 2015

Emerald Park was really nice. They were excellent. They were having a fire drill, and they were exceptionally good at handling the clients. It was really impressive. They were extremely nice and friendly. The facility was beautiful. The clients were well-entertained with games in the lobby. The whole facility looked nice. I visited a few different floors. There were activities going on in different activity rooms. The people seemed extremely nice. I like the way the memory care people were engaged in activities. Also they had these photo memorabilia-type collages near their door. They were like photo memory boxes to help the memory-care patients find their rooms again when they come back from activities. The rooms were a little bit small, but it seemed that certain amount of space has to be allotted for grooming skills and helping the patients do their self-care routine. It is not like some fancy five-star hotel's big, deluxe suite, but they were adequate and nice. They weren't bad, but they were decorated nicely. The staff was very professional. It seemed like they have been doing this a while.

Anonymous113486850 September 30, 2015

Emerald Park was very clean, it was meticulous, and the staff was very nice. We talked to several residents and they seemed happy there, and that's how we made the decision. She doesn?t participate in a lot of them, but they have Bingo, entertainment, movies, and exercise -- you name it.

After you September 02, 2015

That place called Emerald Park is not a very good place to refer anyone you actually care about. To begin with their staffs look like they're under a great deal of pressure. The Executive Director looks very unprofessional and acts like she's not knowledgeable about the place. She sounds like she's only after the dollar. Furthermore, she talks a lot and can't keep up with what she says.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you for your sincere review. I'm sorry you had a negative impression of the staff at Emerald Park. I've sent your concerns to our Resident Relations department for their investigation. Thank you, Katie

Caring107875450 July 21, 2015

I did look at Emerald Park. I thought this place was very nice, but I like the other place better. Emerald Park looked like they had adequate staff. The woman who showed me around was very, very nice. Their apartments/rooms were nice and clean too.

Caring105488550 May 01, 2015

I didn’t really care much about my visit at Emerald Park. The staff were very nice, but it's not what I had in mind.

Alma6 January 17, 2015

I visited Emerald Park Retirement for my mom. My visit with them was very good. The place was beautiful. Really I like it, but it is too expensive. They have a lot of activities. They gave me a paper that says all the activities they are doing that day. Everything was clean. It was peaceful. The rooms were very beautiful.

Caring97105850 November 22, 2014

Emerald Park Retirement was like a large resort hotel; everything was open. It was pleasant and very nice, but as far as going outside, it looked to me like it was limited on that; I didn’t see whether they had any expanse of grounds. I was very pleased with it. The amenities and what they had outdoors may be not the best, but it was a good compromise, and the staff was pretty good. I saw one apartment, and it was very clean. I would say the security was pretty good.

Adrienne5 October 19, 2014

My parents are very comfortable at Emerald Park Retirement. I like the feel of it better. The people were very friendly and outgoing. I noticed that the residents were very outgoing and friendly. They were pretty occupied with doing different activities. My parents both like to sit outside a lot and it had a very lovely garden that they could sit in. I haven’t tried their food, but my parents like what they have been served and it looks good. I am happy with that. They have a lovely room where they have religious services on a weekend and that is nice for my parents because they go to church every Sunday. Their rooms are also very nice as well as the bathroom.

Larry35 July 31, 2014

Everyone at Emerald Park was very friendly. They gave us a tour and the place was very clean. However, the room was minimal. It was really just bedroom and not an apartment. It was very small and you couldn't share it with another person.

Client from the Bahamas June 30, 2014

Emerald Park is an older facility. My concern was they were just sold. So that means there's something about the way they're organized in the first place. Other than that, the rooms seem quite small, but it's adequate. The spot was nice, and it's not very big. I think they only had less than 100 people. It's adequate, and it's fine. The price is very reasonable. You pay extra for the nurse. They have three meals a day. I might end up there, who knows. But they could improve their size. The facility is just very small.

Caring86004950 May 30, 2014

Emerald Park Retirement is a very nice facility, but a bit too expensive for us. The rooms, as well as their dining area, are very nice. Their residents seemed to be OK.

Cindy46 April 30, 2014

We went to Emerald Park. It looked nice, and the people were nice. The guy who was touring us was nice. His parents actually live there, and he introduced us to them. But my mother wasn't too thrilled with it because the people looked like they were sitting in wheelchairs, falling asleep. She's 78, and she's not at that point yet. So she just needs a little help, but she can't live on her own. The staff was friendly. The rooms were too small. It just wasn't what we're looking for. It's a nice place and everything, but it has small rooms, and it just didn't look like it was for my mother. The people weren't lively enough for her. Maybe it was just an older group that was there.

Daniel9 March 27, 2014

The rooms were smaller at Emerald Park Retirement, but they're OK. I think they had more access to people. You can see that everything has more open areas. They didn't have a lot of areas where people could just disappear and they wouldn't notice something happened, where they won't be looked at. There was more staff, more activities, so it seemed like you get more attention there. If something happens, people can respond to you right away. They had some exercises, and they have somebody come in for entertainment.

Jaime3 March 27, 2014

Emerald Park Retirement was like a three-star facility. The rooms were nice. The staff was very good. However, the average age was too high. If I were 85 years old, I would love that place, but I'm 68, and the activities were geared for people who were in their 80s. There were a lot of people using walkers and wheelchairs, and I was turned off by that because I have my health issues, but I'm active and I go to the gym. I also didn't like the neighborhood. I thought it was a little bland because there was a lot of low-rent projects. There wasn't really good shopping around in the immediate area.

Caring78956850 February 28, 2014

For 10 days when I was out of the country, I placed my mom at Emerald Park. She was there in November 2013. My first impression of it was very positive. The staff's work ethic was very good. I like the manager who is a very good person. Everything was fine. My mother was in a room, not a shared room. The dining room was very nice. My mom said the food was okay. With regards to activities, she participated in some calisthenics, but she is 97 years old, she can't do too much.

Robert79368550 February 26, 2014

I was treated very well by the staff. We had a nice tour and I would say that between the two facilities I’ve visited, Emerald Park seemed more of an independent style living versus the other facility. I got to see more of the residents at Emerald Park moving about the facility rather than being bound to wheelchairs. I didn’t see any deficiencies with regards to maintenance and cleanliness. It did seem that it had the atmosphere of a more open area because the building was more of like high rise. It reminded me of a hotel style of living. Its dining room was in a sort of a high ceiling internal courtyard type of a setting.

joshiie June 23, 2012

First off the scenery of this property is very beautiful. I found a good amount of residents taking advantage of it and strolling in the landscape terrace that they have provided. The overall look of the community reminded me of a hotel. The staff and security were very knowledgeable and helpful during my visit. They had a full staff of nurses readily available for any emergency or non emergency calls. Each room had a bed alarm for the resident to call for nurses assistant. The dining room reminded me of a 5 star restaurant with wonderful service. The auditorium was spacious and used to show movies at night for the residents. I recommend this for anyone who is thinking or already in the process of searching for an assisted living facility for a loved one. I feel like they exceeded expectations in all categories. I am very thankful for all the hard work they do each and every day.

Mick jones April 14, 2012

This assisted living facility is one of the best of its kind and provides the independence, assistance and the amenities one is accustomed to. As a resident, you'll be part of a community that caters to you and that understands your vision of retirement life. Day starts with a walk on the landscaped terrace, a cup of coffee in the gazebo or participation in an exercise group. They offer lot of enriching activities and optional outings that make life interesting and fulfilling. Freshly prepared meals are served three times daily in the dining room. Special requests are welcomed for individual dietary needs. Guests and family members are always welcome to stay for mealtime. Private, secured entrances, private rooms, 24 hours personal staff support, housekeeping, laundry, linen and towel service are available. High intensity of care is offered to let the residents feel at home. Safety and security of residents is given top most priority. Nurse call buttons in every room and restroom, full wheel chair accessibility, bed alarms etc are installed to make it convenient for all. I kept my grandfather here for 4 years without any worry. I would recommend this facility for all those who want their loved ones to stay at peace and comfort.

commercesd April 07, 2012

We liked the look of Emerald Park Retirement facility in Hollywood, FLA. It resembled a nice hotel and looked very inviting. The grounds around the main door were nicely kept, with flower beds and nicely manicured grass.

The main receiving area had fresh flowers. All of the communal areas were fresh and bright and we could see activities occurring, from reading to games and other resident interactions. Some seniors were in the nice-sized library using the Internet.

There were a variety of living arrangements available, from large efficiencies to unfurnished and furnished. Each was equipped with temperature controls, emergency systems and safety features. The units we saw all looked comfortable and personally decorated.

The residents are encouraged to participate in physical activity as much as possible. There are exercise classes, weight training and other equipment. Residents may also walk safely around the lovely gardens and patios.

There was also a very large enclosed courtyard for residents and their families to enjoy. The auditorium shows movies regularly. Events and outings include restaurants, art museums, the library, local films, dining and theater.

The dining area was elegant and spacious. The food choices looked nutritious and delicious, as well as the regular snacks - offered continually.

This is a well-designed facility with caring and attentive staff. All of the resident's needs appear to be met easily and efficiently, in a friendly and caring manner. It was clear that the residents really enjoy living here.

From Emerald Park Retirement

Hollywood is perfectly located between Fort Lauderdale and Miami and offers its residents a laidback and relaxing setting in which to live life to the fullest. Boasting one of America's best beach boardwalks, as named by Travel + Leisure Magazine, Hollywood is a great location for seniors to retire, retreat, and relax. Emerald Park offers some of the best amenities in senior living in South Florida. Residents enjoy a restaurant-style dining room with customized menu options prepared from scratch by our chef, weekly religious services in our chapel, a cozy library, a movie theater, and beautiful enclosed courtyards to enjoy the Florida sunshine. We offer independent and assisted living and memory care services so that seniors can enjoy their retirement while receiving assistance uniquely designed to meet their needs.

*Rates listed are based on single occupancy.

Features of Emerald Park Retirement