Brookdale Hoffman Estates Golf Rd.

2150 West Golf Road, Hoffman Estates, IL, 60169

Reviews of Brookdale Hoffman Estates Golf Rd.

Ginna08 June 26, 2014

I walked in for a tour last week. I believe it was the director of nursing that gave me the tour. She seemed very rude and abrupt with me. Was unable to answer many of my questions. Didn't offer to have someone get back with me. The carpet in the dining room was filthy. That is where people eat for God's sake. The assistants were serving the residents. Something seems wrong there. When I asked about staffing ratios, the person giving me the tour seemed guarded about it. The Memory Care had an odor of urine. Activities seemed ok but now over the top exciting to me. I am in my early 60's and I would never even consider moving into this facility. The staff don't seem very happy and I don't want unhappy staff taking care of my mom. Walked past the nurses station to overhear a lady speaking very rudely to the nurses. I couldn't read her badge but I don't think she was part of the facility. No, not ever would I put my mother or myself in this community.

Caring84557650 May 30, 2014

I was in a hurry to pick a place, and so I picked Emeritus at Hoffman Estates. The facility itself is OK. It's really nice, but it's expensive. I am 62, and the average person who lives here is 20 to 25 years older than me. I feel that it just doesn’t cater to my age and to my abilities. The food is absolutely horrible. There aren't enough activities for me to do. People come here to die. I am in the wrong place for what I need. The staff is great, and they try to do as much as they can.

Tom83644050 May 29, 2014

My mother has settled in at Emeritus. It was a combination of factors that made us decide to go there. The floor that my mom would be living on, as she doesn't like heights. We wanted it close to my sister's house. The rooms are on the small side, but they're adequate, and she has her own private bathroom. Everybody is very friendly. The food was fine. Another reason why we went to Emeritus was that it's more economical. The cost structure is more reasonable, and you're not sacrificing in terms of quality and overall services.

They play games, and they do some other stuff, like sitting on a balloon. They have bingo and they have some crafts. There is a doctor who comes and sees her right there. She's becoming more used to it, and she's more comfortable.

Caring84272950 May 11, 2014

We were able to see Emeritus at Hoffman Estates, and the facility was very nice. The staff was very helpful, but it just wasn’t a good fit for my mom, so we didn’t choose Emeritus. I like the facility. The people are really friendly, and I didn’t have anything that I didn’t like about it. We actually wanted to kind of make it work, but we went back and actually brought my mother there to see it. I would have wished it could have work, but knowing Mom's physical limitations, it would not just going to work.

verysatisfied65 April 06, 2014

My friend is an Emeritus resident. This is her second stay after going home for a period of time, hoping she could manage. The executive director conducted the initial and current admission process. She was professional and at the same time warm and welcoming. She thoroughly explained the services and the necessary paper work. Most importantly, she was supportive and reassuring, making very effort to ease my friend's fears and anxieties. I visited my friend many times during her first and current stay. The facility is clean, bright and well maintained. The staff is friendly and accommodating, always willing to help. I have observed the staff to be caring and respectful of the residents. They relate to the residents in warm manner, talking with them in a calm and caring tone. I have eaten at the Emeritus, with my friend , on several occasions. The food is good! The meals are nutritional, well balanced and presented in an appealing manner. The dining room is bright. The staff is efficient yet patient and understanding of the residents' needs. The residents are encouraged to socialize and participate in the daily activities. If able, they are encouraged to participate in the weekly outings. Most significant, to me, is the presence and availability of the executive director. She did not "disappear" following the admission process. I have observed her mingling with the residents, interacting with the staff and addressing issues that come to her attention. On several occasions I have called her or asked to speak with her when I was there. When able to, she has responded immediately. When unavailable, she has gotten back to me in a timely manner. She listens and gives support and consultation. She has been very helpful in ensuring my friend's needs are addressed. Overall, I am impressed with the executive director and the staff of the Emeritus at Hoffman Estates. I believe the residents are the focus and priority of their their work each day.

Caring79529550 March 28, 2014

Mom is in Emeritus. We chose it because we like it the best, and they have the best deal for her short term. Everything is going well. The staff is very concerned and interested.

Stevencb March 28, 2014

I am in the unfortunate position of having to move my father from Emeritus due to finances. I live out-of-state and showed up unannounced hoping to find shabby living conditions, an uncaring staff and poor food in order to help justify the move in my own mind. I hung out for an entire day doing nothing more than just watching and to my disappointment I couldn't have been more wrong. The common areas are beautiful! Everything was clean and well kept. The staff went about there duties smiling ... they actually seemed to enjoy what they were doing and loved the residents. I was surprised when the staff was calling everyone by name and treated them with respect. Not once did I see someone talking down to any of the mental patients or treat them without the respect they deserved. I joined them for dinner and it was good and balanced. And my greatest surprise was that my dad's health has improved while at Emeritus! I can't remember the last time he was this cognitive. When visiting with the director the next day, she was sincerely concerned about the move that we were having to make and is giving me help in finding someplace that will take care of my dad. It is a deep regret to have to move my dad from Emeritus; I highly recommend moving your Loved One here!

Marquita1 March 21, 2014

The most important thing to keep my dad safe was to have him in a locked facility. Emeritus at Hoffman Estates does not only have a locked memory care unit, but the entire assisted living is a locked facility. It was one of several reasons why I chose this place for my dad. We did have a little issue, but it was not completely their problem. It was my lack of knowledge with the way things were supposed to work. He has a one bedroom apartment that is a pretty good size. It's got a living area, a bedroom, a kitchenette with a mini refrigerator, and a bathroom with a walk-in closet. They are always keeping the residents busy by doing something. They have bingo, the men play cards, and they take them out on outings or lunches once a week. The thing that I really like because my dad likes it is that they constantly have people coming in and doing music. They also have dogs that come in and see the residents. My dad has gained a lot of weight; he's grown out of his pants twice in thirty days, so clearly he likes the food. He has more than enough to eat. They even had wine tasting one night. My dad is doing wonderfully there. They are doing a great job, and I am very happy with the care that he is being provided with. Not only do they care about the residents, but they also care about their families. My dad was a challenge for me because he was adamant that he did not want to go into a nursing home or an assisted living facility. I was having a lot of behavior problems with him and, literally, I was afraid for my life at times. Chris, the lady who walked me through getting my dad in there, she helped me with every single thing that I needed help with, and not only did she help me through, but she gave the support I needed like a shoulder to cry on, and they still do. When I am having problems with dad, they'd talk to me and check on me. It's not just about the care they are providing my dad, but it is also about the care for the family and support for the kids who feel guilty about having to put their dad in a facility when he doesn't want to be there. I can't say enough nice things about the staff. They are exceptional in every way. My dad always complains, but I can tell that he likes it there even if he does not say so. I don't think he could be in a better place.

somewhat satisfied March 12, 2014

staff very qualified and are concerned with residents well-being. meals are fair, rooms are small but comfortable as residents do not spend a lot of time in their rooms. main complaint is with the memory care area; to small for the number of residents, especially when the majority are in wheelchairs. if golng to visit make sure you are given a sufficient and complete tour, including rooms, dining area during meals and the activity area during activities. you might be surprised

Caring74565050 March 01, 2014

Emeritus at Hoffman Estates is horrible. It is filthy and it is not clean. They also don't have good help and the food is awful. I have been here for almost four months now and the day I came, they were awful. They piled all my stuff on top of my brand new sofa. They just don't care. They were terrible.

We’re sorry to hear you are displeased with your stay at Emeritus. Thank you for reaching out to us. Have you expressed your feelings to the leadership at the community? If not, we encourage you to do so. They will make it a priority to ensure you are getting your needs met and any concerns addressed.

We try to make every resident’s room as comfortable as possible. To do this, we made sure to send you the dimensions of the room before moving in. After move in, we did our best to find the best possible place to house all your personal belongings. If you feel there is a better place to store these items, we are happy to help you with that. We also make sure that all bathrooms are clean and come in to spot check on a regular basis.

We also find that most of our residents love the food. We’ve heard nothing but compliments. If you have any special requests, please let our Dining Services Staff know and they will do their best to accommodate you.

Again, please reach out to the executive director if you feel there is anything we can do for you, or you have any concerns. If you would like to leave comments anonymously, we invite you to contact our third-party ethics hotline at www.emeritusethicsfirst.com to escalate any issues you are having or feel aren’t getting resolved at the community level.

Robert77365850 February 28, 2014

I thought Emeritus Hoffman Estates was a very nice facility. It was less expensive in some that I've looked in. You can get your hair and nails done at the facility. Everything's mostly done in house. The apartment has one separate bedroom with private bathroom. It's probably one of the nicest.

unhappyjs December 24, 2013

cannot comment on assisted living operation but the memory care facility is very crowded.meal area does not have sufficient room for the number of residents. majority of which are in wheelchairs, lack of activities to keep residents `alert. staff is very professional, very caring, have an interest in residents wellbeing

Christine9 June 23, 2013

My sister is in Emeritus at Hoffman Estates. She has a studio room there, it is small, but it's okay. They also have daily meals and also physical therapy. They do have quite a few activities like, they go out on excursions and they would take the residents out to shopping.

Linda40 March 29, 2013

I had my mother stay in Emeritus at Hoffman Estates because of the affordable price and homely ambiance. The staff were efficient and friendly. My mom was in a shared room. The food was very good. They had different activities like cards and crafts. My mom was happy in the facility.

RajUpadhyaya December 17, 2012

Emeritus is a very nice place to live. The staff are really pleasant and the facilities are well maintained.

From Brookdale Hoffman Estates Golf Rd.

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Hoffman Estates Golf Rd.

• State License(s): 51185

Location of Brookdale Hoffman Estates Golf Rd.