NEED HELP FINDING ASSISTED LIVING FACILITIES?

Talk to an advisor for free: (866) 515-8248

Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of The Meadows Manor

Posted by Caring104645550 January 19, 2015

The Meadows Manor is extremely clean and decorated in the most lovely manner. It is quite attractive. It has a view of a pond and green grass rather than sidewalks and parking lots. One of the reasons that we went there is on the recommendation of a friend whose mother is there. They have several varieties of rooms. The one that is available to use for respite care is their largest and most expensive room. I would say that if there is any downside, it's the expense. It's the most expensive place we looked at. It's a large single room with a private bath. It has beautiful, traditional style furnishings. I think there is a dresser, a chest, and a twin bed. For this room, they supply the television but you pay the cable bills. It's very nice. The staff was very nice and very helpful. Of course they were encouraging that my mother-in-law makes this a permanent move rather than a temporary one. The two days we were there brief; something has just ended, and something else was about to start. But we didn't observe it in progress. So I can't really comment how many were participating or exactly how it was being operated.

Posted by Caring101193450 November 03, 2014
4.0

The staff was very nice. I only saw one apartment, but they were extremely small when it comes to senior living; they are very tiny. You just go in and have an interview and that’s it; you are lucky if you get to see an apartment. The Meadows is lovely, very nice setting, country, and it’s really pretty out there.

Posted by jgnwbn March 26, 2012

This is a top rate facility. My mother moved here after being diagnosed with early stage alzheimers. The administrator is caring and compasionate. She listens to our concerns and worked hard at providing us with information to make things easy for us. It wa hard for mom to give up her independence and did not realize she had problems. The staff was so kind to her and very patient. They went above and beyond to make sure she was well cares for, ironing her blouses, making sure she was invovled in activities. We were contacted often about her progress and needs and although live far away we were a part of her care. The faciltiy is beautiful and well maintained. The decor extremely homelike and inviting. We often had meals with her and the service and presentatin was wonderful. Barbara the adminstrator was faced with a few challenges by mom's independent thinking and handle her with grace and dignity. I cannot say enough about the Meadows and its staff.

Posted by cklaips October 14, 2011
4.0

My grandmother spent a few years at the Meadows Assisted Living center in Dallas, PA, before her unfortunate passing. I had visited her many times over the years, and I would say the complex is very nice compared to the other nursing homes I have been to in the area. It is a large apartment complex, complete with a small lake and gardens outside. There are walking paths that go around the lake which are great for afternoon strolls for the elders who like to stay in shape. My grandmother's apartment was fairly standard; there was one bedroom with an attached bathroom, a living room, and a small kitchen. It was nothing fancy, but it was all she needed. It would get tight if a bunch of the family was visiting, however. It was always very quiet whenever we were inside, although that may have just been her particular building. The residents seemed to keep to themselves for the most part, except those who hung out in the puzzle room or near the lake and patio area outside. My grandmother was a very independent woman, and as such she did not interact with the staff too much. I never heard her say anything negative about them, and they were always courteous and helpful if I ever needed to ask them anything. Overall, it is a nice facility that allows the residents a certain degree of independence that was missing at the other homes I had visited.

Location of The Meadows Manor