Windsor Oaks of Bradenton

2614 43rd Street West, Bradenton, FL, 34209

Reviews of Windsor Oaks of Bradenton

January 31, 2014

By Barb's buddy

I liked everything at Windsor Oaks of Bradenton and it was very nice. It looked well-run. They had the memory care unit separate from the others. The only thing that bothered me was if the weather is bad and they brought my husband back and forth for the activities which was outside. It was also the most expensive facility that I visited.

July 06, 2012

By Kcarberry

The nurses at this facility were very intelligent and quick to answer any questions you had about your loved ones care. The facility always looked very clean and well maintained. Meals always looked nutrition and the staff was always very polite. They provided quite a few things for residents but I wish they could have been more proactive in having those residents who were anti social become a part of the social interactions going on. Especially those who didn't have family near by to visit. The head nurse was always very polite and seemed very knowledgeable about all of the residents and could answer any questions that you asked, this was very reassuring. As with any facility there were nurses who lacked in people skills and I think a class in how to approach family members of the residents could go a long way to improve the public view of such living facilities.

September 29, 2011

By Freddie WindRiver

I wanted a description of this facility. I am so pleased that it is MUCH freer and less confining than a nursing home my friend used to live in and where I volunteered. From now on I will visit her at Windsor Oaks and volunteer there! I like to play the piano and sing, and Lu likes to sit beside me and sing alto. I usually sing alto, but with her I sing soprano! I didn't see a piano there, but we will figure something out!

Photos of Windsor Oaks of Bradenton

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: AL8726

About Windsor Oaks of Bradenton

Windsor Oaks is a licensed assisted living residence dedicated to providing quality services in a warm, comfortable environment. We offer professional, personalized services designed to enhance the quality of life for those we serve. We have been serving the needs of senior adults since 1990 and remain dedicated to those who entrust their housing and service needs to us.

At Windsor Oaks, we are dedicated to each Residents' independence, choices and dignity.

Visit us for a tour and you'll see how our combination of a warm residential setting along with the caring, helpful staff at Windsor Oaks is just the right choice for your housing or service needs.

Tailored Services

At Windsor Oaks, we recognize that each person has individual needs and preferences. With this in mind, the Windsor Oaks Tailored Services Program provides flexible service combinations. You may choose only the services included in the base monthly rate, or select additional personal care services and assistance. Either way, you pay only for the services you need.

Monthly Rate includes:

• Apartment Rent
  • All utilities (except phone & television)
  • Routine maintenance
  • Weekly housekeeping & linen service
  • Scheduled transportation
  • Social, spiritual, & recreational activities
  • 24-Hour Staff
  • Nutritious meals and snacks

Additional Tailored Services include:

• Health monitoring by full time professional staff
  • Medication Assistance
  • Special diets and nutritional supplements
  • Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and other personal care needs
Enriching Activities

Enriching activities at Windsor Oaks include crafts, games, reading, fun trips, spiritual services, and much more. The Windsor Oaks wellness program includes fun exercise, activities, and educational opportunities. Discover new talents and interests as you make new friends at Windsor Oaks.

Quality Environment

At Windsor Oaks, you can entertain guests in the spacious common areas, or simply relax in the privacy of your own apartment. Each apartment includes the following appointments and amenities:

• Fully carpeted floors
  • Outdoor sitting areas
  • Full service beauty salon / barber
  • Convenient laundry facilities
  • Activity areas
  • Fully sprinklered fire detection system
Philosophy of Care

At the foundation of our approach to service are fundamental concepts we believe important to every senior. These concepts are also critical in our approach to creating quality environments and service delivery programs.

• Offering each resident dignity and respect
  • Promoting the individuality of each resident
  • Fostering independence for each resident
  • Offering individual choices in care, services and lifestyle
  • Supporting each resident's right to privacy
  • Supporting the needs of family and friends
  • Involving family in care decisions
  • Providing a supportive residential environment
Reflections Alzheimer's and Memory Care

Dedication to Service

Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's or other memory impairments is a very personal, loving dedication to service. It requires service for specific and individual needs.

More often, the resident with memory loss needs assistance with life's daily activities including personal care but may not have an acute medical condition requiring around the clock skilled nursing or instruction. Finding that unique combination of physical setting and specialized care is a journey traveled by many families.

The Reflections Program

At Reflections, our trained staff works closely with family members and friends to assemble a "Life History" identifying the personal experiences of each resident's life.

Through the “Life History,” we get to know the personality behind the person, fostering a one-to-one association more like "friend to friend" rather than "staff to patient." Details and events from your loved one's past become "shared" memories and experiences serving as a foundation for activities, communication and the development of friendships built on support, understanding and mutual respect.

Base Monthly Services

• Laundry Services - personal and linen
  • 24 hour-a-day specially trained staff
  • Three daily meals plus snacks
  • Tailored activities - therapeutic and recreational
  • Full-time Reflections supervisor
  • Individualized service planning
  • Family and community support groups
  • Reflections Program - a personal life history program

Tailored Services

• Medication Assistance
  • Assistance with bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, incontinence management, and other personal services

Small "Bed & Breakfast" home style residence