Blue Bell Place

777 DeKalb Pike, Blue Bell, PA, 19422

Reviews of Blue Bell Place

Caring94328850 September 23, 2014

Blue Bell Place is a nice facility and it is accommodating for my dad's needs. The staff is good. They have a nice variety of food. The room is nice and spacious. It fits his needs. With regards to activities, my dad is able to go to the gym and things like that.

L. Davis May 27, 2014

I toured this facility to see if it would be a good place for a family member. The facility at Blue Bell Place looked clean and attractive. The resident's rooms are are very nice, and the hallways throughout the buildings are attractively decorated. Compared to some other area assisted living communities, the dining room is rather plain. There were few residents walking around the building when I was there, so I was not able to observe the relationships between staff and residents.

Ellen26 May 20, 2014

My mother has been in Blue Bell Place since February. The rooms are a really nice size. They're big, they're airy. She had it painted the color she wanted. Nice and light, nice and bright. Big windows, nice-sized bathroom, a sink and a shower, big double door closets. It's a small community. It's 55 in her unit, and in the other unit, which is Alzheimer's, there's another 40 or so.

We've had a little bit of an accident where she tripped and fell in her room. She ended up in the hospital for a few days, but they were right on top of it, called me up right away and told me what they were doing. I'm not real happy with their in-house doctors. I actually brought my group back because I didn't think that they were attentive enough.

Everybody is very nice, very attentive. They offer a lot. They have a cocktail party every Friday night for the people who live there. They bring in a bartender, and he makes all the drinks they want, and so it's kind of fun. Other than the fact that I wasn't happy with the doctors, I'm pleased with it, and she is, too.

dismaye April 11, 2014

A tour means nothing. You have to live here to find out the truth about Blue Bell Place. It looks good at first, but chages quickly after you move in. The staff, with a few exeptions, are rude, verbally, physically abusive. They deny their actions when confronted with it. Management does not respond to complaints and work to cover-up any incidents. It's you word against theirs, and any investigation is slanted in their favor. Only way to win is to invest in a good quality video recorder device, hide it in the room, and catch them in the act. Don't rely on the so called state regulators to protect your relative, you will find that they you have to advocate on your own. Their food service is one of the worst that I have seen, fancy words on the menu, but poor quality meals. One star is too high for a rating, but was the lowest available here.

I'm sincerely sorry to hear that your experience has fallen short of your expectations. Please call me at your soonest convenience to discuss in detail. I look forward to speaking with you and appreciate the opportunity to work toward resolution and increase your level of satisfaction on any aspect of our community. Tom Schultz, Executive Director 1-610-277-6443.

Caring717131 July 30, 2013

Blue Bell Place is by far the best among all the facilities that we saw.

DebE1 June 13, 2013

The whole experience was very pleasant. The staff was accommodating and warm. The place was clean. I just hoped it is a bit more spacious. But I would highly recommend it to others.

Susan45 May 29, 2013

The residents at Blue Bell Place seemed more like minded to my fatherss. This place just seemed very similar with the other places we visited in terms of food and rooms. But my father just had a better feel for this place.

cues999 November 21, 2012

The quality and cleanliness of this facility is actually remarkable. A family member of ours needed to by at an assisted living home for four months. When we started to search a home for the many of the location we visited were very depressing, smelled, and had terrible workers. At this facility all of the workers were very upbeat, caring, and knew everything about every individual staying there. The head nurse is professional, caring, and very down to earth. When we took our family member out many of the caretakers hugged her goodbye and wished her the best of luck. The rooms there were fairly basic but had very nice bathrooms. The activity and TV rooms were very high quality. This location was a prime example showing you get what you pay for. The only thing I could think of that was remotely negative was the janitorial staff spoke a little inappropriately around each other. I can say they were never mean to any of the individuals living there though. Overall I would recommend this facility to anyone in the area.

Cassandra S. September 10, 2012

I helped my Aunt Kathy "move in" to this facility and then had later visits here. It was just before Christmas and they were busy putting up great decorations in the foyer. The building was very nice and they had a piano right in the hall. The staff was so great, they were more than helpful offering a cart for her belongings and personally walking us to her room. They stayed and made sure she had everything and even brought extra furniture for my aunt. They were also sure to check with her about any favorite snack she may want to feel more at home. They went out of thier way to make sure she was happy and comfterable.

sanasa12 August 21, 2012

This is one of the most enlightening experiences I have ever had. All of the faculty were so nice and were on the spot to help any one that was in need. The atmosphere in there was perfect. Everyone was happy and cheerful and ready for their day to begin. I felt like everyone there was loving living there. There was no person say or disappointed. Of course the credit does go to the staff to make this all possible and happen. THe rooms were always cleaned and the place itself remained clean and fun to be in. There was also a lot to keep oneself busy on a regular day. They often had events with everyone together and during summertime, you can of course take a stroll in the amazing colorful garden and parks. overall, I would say I loved the facility from what I observed and lived at the time i went to visit.

Joodles November 09, 2011

This facility is very upscale and nicely presented! There is much to be offered to the residents in the way of ambiance where needed, warmth, care and professional staff. Many activities are always in the works to keep both the women and men residents busy when they choose. There is a lot of friendly personal interaction between the staff and the residents...that is clear as soon as you come in the doors. I was privy to an upstairs seating area which is very welcoming....and found residents and staff engaged in card and board games..and the impression was more like old friends being together based on the laughter...the sincerity and care was clear. The administrative team is top notch and I have never experieced anything negative in my visits. I would highly recommend this facility!

From Blue Bell Place

Blue Bell Place in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania is a rental community offering Assisted Living and Memory Care on our friendly, full-service campus. Choose from a studio apartment to a spacious 1 bedroom residence. Residents enjoy restaurant-style dining. We know that challenging our brains and getting in better physical shape has enormous benefits at every age, and can even slow the process of memory loss. Our Watermark University course catalog is filled with an array of innovative brain and body fitness courses. Blue Bell is known for its large executive-style homes, recreational parks, shopping at its finest and the Montgomery County Community College. This is a rental community with no buy-in required. A Watermark retirement community.

Features of Blue Bell Place

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Hiking trails
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Private services

• Minimum age: None

• Licenses: Personal Care Home

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Blue Bell Place