2 Assisted Living Facilities in Warrenton, MO
Also serving communities of Silex.
The average cost of assisted living in Warrenton is $4,200 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,650. Cheaper nearby regions include Wentzville with an average starting cost of $3,265.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Warrenton, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Warrenton, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Warrenton
Approximately 8,200 people live in Warrenton, a semi-rural city in Warren County, Missouri. When seasonal events aren't underway, residents of this small city enjoy visiting local parks and swimming in the indoor and outdoor pools at The Aquatic Center. Seniors who enjoy these activities or simply appreciate living in a close-knit community can choose from two assisted living facilities located directly in Warrenton. These facilities are regulated by the Department of Health and Senior Services, an agency that strives to protect elderly residents from abuse, neglect and other potential issues.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Warrenton
- The city of Warrenton has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital, Mercy Hospital Lincoln, located in Troy, Missouri.
- Qualified seniors in Warrenton can utilize the Missouri Property Tax Credit Claim. This program gives seniors who rent a credit of up to $750 and seniors who own their property a credit of up to $1,100.
- Warrenton is ideal for seniors who enjoy changing seasons and fluctuating temperatures. On average, temperatures range from 23 to 87 throughout the year. However, it's not uncommon to see single-digit or even below-zero temperatures in the winter, and temperatures often soar to the high nineties during the summer.
- Navigating the Warrenton area can be difficult for seniors without personal vehicles, but the OATS Transit offers limited services. Riders must contact the transit up to 10 days in advance to arrange transportation for medical appointments or other outings.
- Warrenton is a small city, but, unfortunately, residents can't escape the high crime rate often associated with larger Missouri cities such as Saint Louis. Warrenton is safer than just 8% of U.S. cities, so seniors should travel in groups and remain aware of their surroundings. The risk of experiencing a property crime or a violent crime is higher in Warrenton than the Missouri average.
- Seniors on a fixed budget can benefit from the low cost of living in Warrenton. The city has a lower cost of living score than the U.S. average as well as the Missouri average. Housing costs are significantly cheaper in Warrenton than other parts of the U.S., and residents also pay less for utilities and groceries than the U.S. average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Warrenton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Warrenton start around $4,200 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Warrenton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Warrenton
Seniors who qualify for Medicaid don't have to sacrifice quality care if they have limited income. Two Medicaid programs, the Supplemental Nursing Care Assistance Program and the Missouri Medicaid Aged and Disabled Waiver, help seniors pay for assisted living facility expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Warrenton
Warrenton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Warrenton, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Warrenton
Warrenton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.