3 Assisted Living Facilities near Starbuck, MN
Also serving communities of Glenwood, Morris.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Starbuck area, with 2 in Starbuck and 1 nearby.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Starbuck, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Starbuck, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Starbuck
Located on the western banks of Lake Minnewaska, Starbuck, Minnesota, is a quiet of town of 1,260 people — 22% of which are over the age of 65. Famous as the home of the world-record Lefse, the community is proud of its Nordic heritage and hosts dragon boat races each year. To care for its aging population Starbuck has two assisted living facilities with a third located nearby. These facilities, as in the rest of Minnesota, are licensed by the Minnesota Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Starbuck
- Starbuck's cost of living could be attractive to seniors on a tight budget. It is 12.2% below the U.S. median and 18.7% below the Minnesota average. Healthcare costs run 12.9 points lower than the national norm but slightly above the state average.
- Violent crimes are rare in Starbucks being reported at 9.6 versus the national average of 22.7. Property crime rates though are slightly higher than both the national and state averages.
- With summer highs only climbing to the low 80s, Starbuck's climate is ideal for seniors who enjoy being outdoors, but an average snowfall of 43 inches and midwinter temps dropping to near zero could prove challenging.
- Receiving an air quality rating of 90 on the EPA's National Air Toxics Assessment places it well above the national average of 58 and close to a perfect score of 100. For seniors who suffer pulmonary or respiratory problems, this could be a big advantage.
- The city of Starbuck has few facilities from which to choose in the event of medical emergencies or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Glenwood.
- Starbuck has little to offer in the form of arts, entertainment or cultural activities. The city does host eight festivals a year and there are some opportunities for outdoor lovers, such as exploring local and state parks.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Starbuck
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Starbuck start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Starbuck and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Starbuck
For seniors in the Starbuck, Minnesota, area who need assistance paying for assisted living care, the Minnesota Department of Human Services offers the Housing Support Program. This program, formerly known as the Group Residential Housing Plan, pays for room and board but does not cover any other needs or services. Payments are made directly to service providers at pre-negotiated rates.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Starbuck
Starbuck and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Starbuck, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Starbuck
Starbuck-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.