4 Assisted Living Facilities near Breese, IL
Also serving communities of Carlyle, Trenton, Greenville.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Breese area, with 2 in Breese and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Breese is $3,150 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 5 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Breese. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Breese 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include O Fallon with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Breese, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Breese, IL
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Breese, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Breese
Though first settled in 1816, Breese Illinois existed as little more than a ferry crossing and rural postal site until the arrival of the Mississippi and Ohio Railroad in 1855. Even then growth was slow due to the persistent presence of cholera in the area. Even today the city's population is less than 4,600 people, 17.8 percent or approximately 800 of whom are over the age of 65.
Assisted living is provided to seniors in the Breese area by four ALFs. These are regulated by the Illinois Department of Public Health, which divides them into two categories: ALFs and SHEs. The main differences between the two are that SHEs cannot house over 16 seniors and ALFs must care for more than three and provide private kitchen and bathing facilities for their residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Breese
- According to the National Air Toxics Assesment, Breese's air quality rating of 78 is 18 points better than the national average of 56. For seniors with pulmonary issues or respiratory problems, this could be welcome news.
- Breese's climate comfort rating of 7.2 makes it one of the more pleasant areas in Illinois to live. For active seniors who enjoy the outdoors, this could be a big plus.
- Security-minded seniors will note that in contrast to the rest of Illinois, Breese has a very low crime rate. Its property crime rate of 15.4 is less than half that of the state and far below the national average of 22.7. Violent crime is even rarer with the city's rating of 9 being less than one-third that of its surrounding communities.
- With an overall cost of living rating of 93.8, Breese is slightly more affordable than neighboring communities. Seniors with health issues should be aware that health care costs are 17 points higher than the national mean and 18.8 points higher than the state average.
- Being part of the South Central Illinois Transportation District, Breese has public bus service to most major areas in town and shuttle services available to lesser-traveled areas. Fares run .50 to 2.00, and no senior discount is available currently.
- The Breese area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the HSHS St. Joseph's Hospital Breese, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Breese
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Breese start around $3,150 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Breese and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Breese
For seniors needing assistance in paying for ALF care, Illinois has the Supportive Living Program. It is a Medicaid Waiver Program designed for low-income seniors and administrated by the Department of Healthcare and Family Services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Breese
Breese and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Breese, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Breese
Breese-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Breese, IL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Breese
Review of The Villas at St. James
I toured the Villas at St. James. I loved it, and its perfect for me to move in when the time comes. They go places, Ive seen them exercising, theyve got different activities, and these I love t... Read more
Review of The Villas at St. James
My mother is in the independent living level of The Villas at St. James. It's very nice and reasonably priced. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. The grounds are very nice, in good shape,... Read more
Review of Cedarhurst of Breese
Cedarhurst of Breese was very nice but more expensive and didn't have a warm environment. The staff members were nice but not overly-warm and friendly. The layout was nice, it had nice updated feat... Read more