Is an itchy scalp related to Alzheimer's?

Lcochick asked...

Does a very itchy scalp have any connections to Alzheimer's disease?

Hopeful always answered...

I am sorry, I don't have any idea.. I never thought of this question but would like to know my self too. I scalp itches all of the time too. I do use hair spray and gel though. I have dementia, I am not sure what class of dementia I fit into but it's there. I mess up when I talk a lot and I miss spell words I would not normally miss spell but I am able to catch it and correct it or use spell check if I can't figure it out on my own. I am tired more than I normally am. I have a hard time falling asleep at night and have to take sleep aide too. Speaking of it, I need to take sleep aide now. I hope you find out what the answer to that is. I want to know too. Hopeful Always

Sjohn answered...

I really would like an answer to if itchy scalp especially but also scratches his arms until they bleed. I have had to wash his hair in the middle of the night it itches so bad. Dr gave him a shampoo doesn't seem to help. Is there a medication that will help

Stay Connected With