Alzheimer's spouse sleeping longer.

Recently, my spouse, male 81 yrs going into the fifth year of Alzheimer's starting with a stroke during long surgery is sleeping longer and longer. To me this indicates his health is slipping or he is going into a different stage of the disease. Anyone out there have some idea if this is a different stage or what.

Rosar answered...

Hello, Thank you for reaching out with your question. I am sorry to hear of your husband's Alzheimer's. I was able to locate a few resources that may be helpful. Caring.com is an informational website, therefore we are not able to make a diagnosis. We encourage you to speak to a doctor or medical professional offline. You also may want to post your question on Caring.com's Alzheimer & Dementia Care Support Group. The community members are happy to help and are there to encourage and offer support.

Please let us know if we can direct you to additional resources. Thanks.

Stay Connected With Caring.com