MorseLife

Top Nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of MorseLife

August 07, 2015

By amjohnsen

my mother has just been admitted to the long term care. we haven't been there long but so far i disagree with the reviews about communication. everyone has been super nice--all providing their contact info, responding quickly to my calls and emails. the residents on her floor seem happy and there's plenty of staff always availalble. it's a beautiful place. super clean and with a staff that goes out of their way to help. i dont know about the lukewarm reviews--my experience here has been amazing. definitely visit for yourself and see.

July 22, 2015

By Concerned fam

Nice and clean. Communication is very poor. They push people out before they are ready. My Mom was sent home with an UTI which we had not been informed of. Very hard to get information and support. Understaffed.

May 25, 2015

By Mandy19

My Father has Parkinson and dementia. The facilties at Morse have been a blessing for him and our family's peace of mind. I visited 11 facilities and NONE came close to the quality of care, compassion, physical therapy, food service and ability to address medical needs that Morse provides. The staff cares, the aides care. They activities available are beyond the normal in providing a standard of quality And the ease of visitation and safety cannot be found elsewhere.

March 11, 2015

By Audrey18

I have also been to the Morse Geriatric Center, and this center is wonderful. I think this facility is spectacular, their rehab is spectacular, it is spotlessly clean, and the care is amazing. It is very beautiful, they treat the people wonderfully, and the rehab is fabulous, but the food is awful.

March 06, 2015

By florida native

My mother was a patient in the Morselife rehab center after hip surgery. The staff was amazing and the facility was top notch. The rehab gym has this really cool machine that allows you to start moving without bearing any weight. The nurses were very attentive to my mom and everything was so clean. The food was also excellent and my mom is super picky. There was excellent communication with the family about mom's progress. I would highly recommend this place.

November 02, 2014

By Cheryl66

This facility looks beautiful. I will tell you do not judge a book by its cover. My mother spent 7 weeks there and was sent to the hospital twice while there. The first was for a severe nose bleed. She has been in the hospital again for over a week now with a severe UTI from CATH left in and not cared for. She has bed sores and has still not been rehabbed enough to go home. I will be looking into things a lot more closely this time when finding a new rehab facility. There is one Dr that barely did anything and would never return my calls. She had to pay a lot of money to be transported to her own cardiologist and ortho Dr as well as the oncologist for her nose. It was ridiculous. Please do not allow the beauty to blind you with what care your loved one will receive.

July 20, 2014

By Nina11

I went and visited Morselife. I had not called in advance for an appointment, although I had been in touch with them. I found it very hard to communicate with them. They didn't have a good telephone system or receptionist. I had left many messages, and it took weeks before somebody called me back. I thought they had to do a better job about communicating with people and having someone available to talk to on the phone. It was disappointing, and I wouldn't want my dad there, but if he really wanted to go, it would be up to him. When I was in the area, I came by, and they had no apartment to show us. Though they showed us around and the facility was nice enough, they did not show us any apartment of any kind. They had activities, and the grounds were fine.

March 18, 2014

By Berta Hemderson

My father went to Morselife to recuperate. The rehabilitation center was the best. He had been in other rehab centers before, and this is by far the best he has gone to. The nursing staff was very good. However, when he went to the nursing home after his rehab, it was awful. It was sparkling clean but the rooms there were disgusting and the furniture was at least 30 years old. They were understaffed, so they were not patient with the residents. He had a roommate who can’t walk and the staff had a hoist and dropped him.

March 11, 2014

By Parisfriend

Beautif facility was wonderful people working there. Short term rehab very understaffed. Staff is kind and nice , but overworked, especially the nurses. No communication with family members. Patient care coordinator basically useless- in 6 weeks my mom was there no one returned calls . Dr. Dhana is hospital admin for all Morris Life facilities as well as only doc. On call. Patients have difficulty seeing him.

June 23, 2013

MorseLife got the best rating in the world. It's one of the top places probably in the whole area. The nursing home has over 280 beds. I really didn't get a good tour and I was very unhappy with the person that took me around, it was too quick and I didn't really get to see much.

August 21, 2012

By cbj1892

I think that this may have been one of the better facilities for elder adults that my mother has been too. Although there are many places located in this area of Florida, we decided to use Morse. I took a tour of the facilities, which were rather large and accommodating, and felt that my mother was right at home here. The food was good compared to the other places that she has been to, with the lunch being the best meal there. Aside from the tour that I took before choosing this facility for my mother go to, I found it was extremely easy for me and my family to go and visit her almost any time of the day or year. I really would recommend this facility because my mother and I enjoyed it greatly and we would definitely use it again. I believe anyone looking for a facility like this should look no further.

Features of MorseLife

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About MorseLife

The Morse Geriatric Center is a not-for-profit, non-sectarian, 280-bed long-term care facility designed and dedicated to serving the elderly in Palm Beach County. Morse Geriatric Center is also a teaching facility, with an expert medical team that includes:

• A Board-certified, fellowship-trained geriatrician who serves as Medical Director
  • Geriatric nurse practitioners
  • Registered and licensed practical nurses
  • Certified Nursing Assistants
  • Social Workers
  • Physical, occupational and speech-language therapists
  • Therapeutic recreation professionals

Morse Geriatric Center has received the Gold Seal Award from the State of Florida, Governor's Panel on Excellence in Long-Term Care. The Gold Seal Award was established in 2002 to recognize Florida nursing homes that consistently demonstrate exceptionally high standards and quality of care.

Map of MorseLife