NEED HELP FINDING NURSING HOMES?

Talk to an advisor for free: (866) 515-8248

From MorseLife

The Morse Geriatric Center is a not-for-profit, non-sectarian, 280-bed long-term care facility designed and dedicated to serving the elderly in Palm Beach County. Morse Geriatric Center is also a teaching facility, with an expert medical team that includes:

• A Board-certified, fellowship-trained geriatrician who serves as Medical Director
  • Geriatric nurse practitioners
  • Registered and licensed practical nurses
  • Certified Nursing Assistants
  • Social Workers
  • Physical, occupational and speech-language therapists
  • Therapeutic recreation professionals

Morse Geriatric Center has received the Gold Seal Award from the State of Florida, Governor's Panel on Excellence in Long-Term Care. The Gold Seal Award was established in 2002 to recognize Florida nursing homes that consistently demonstrate exceptionally high standards and quality of care.

Reviews of MorseLife

Posted by Mandy19 May 25, 2015

My Father has Parkinson and dementia. The facilties at Morse have been a blessing for him and our family's peace of mind. I visited 11 facilities and NONE came close to the quality of care, compassion, physical therapy, food service and ability to address medical needs that Morse provides. The staff cares, the aides care. They activities available are beyond the normal in providing a standard of quality And the ease of visitation and safety cannot be found elsewhere.

Posted by Audrey18 March 11, 2015

I have also been to the Morse Geriatric Center, and this center is wonderful. I think this facility is spectacular, their rehab is spectacular, it is spotlessly clean, and the care is amazing. It is very beautiful, they treat the people wonderfully, and the rehab is fabulous, but the food is awful.

Posted by florida native March 06, 2015

My mother was a patient in the Morselife rehab center after hip surgery. The staff was amazing and the facility was top notch. The rehab gym has this really cool machine that allows you to start moving without bearing any weight. The nurses were very attentive to my mom and everything was so clean. The food was also excellent and my mom is super picky. There was excellent communication with the family about mom's progress. I would highly recommend this place.

Posted by Cheryl66 November 02, 2014
1.0

This facility looks beautiful. I will tell you do not judge a book by its cover. My mother spent 7 weeks there and was sent to the hospital twice while there. The first was for a severe nose bleed. She has been in the hospital again for over a week now with a severe UTI from CATH left in and not cared for. She has bed sores and has still not been rehabbed enough to go home. I will be looking into things a lot more closely this time when finding a new rehab facility. There is one Dr that barely did anything and would never return my calls. She had to pay a lot of money to be transported to her own cardiologist and ortho Dr as well as the oncologist for her nose. It was ridiculous. Please do not allow the beauty to blind you with what care your loved one will receive.

Posted by Nina11 July 20, 2014
3.0

I went and visited Morselife. I had not called in advance for an appointment, although I had been in touch with them. I found it very hard to communicate with them. They didn't have a good telephone system or receptionist. I had left many messages, and it took weeks before somebody called me back. I thought they had to do a better job about communicating with people and having someone available to talk to on the phone. It was disappointing, and I wouldn't want my dad there, but if he really wanted to go, it would be up to him. When I was in the area, I came by, and they had no apartment to show us. Though they showed us around and the facility was nice enough, they did not show us any apartment of any kind. They had activities, and the grounds were fine.

Posted by Berta Hemderson March 18, 2014
2.0

My father went to Morselife to recuperate. The rehabilitation center was the best. He had been in other rehab centers before, and this is by far the best he has gone to. The nursing staff was very good. However, when he went to the nursing home after his rehab, it was awful. It was sparkling clean but the rooms there were disgusting and the furniture was at least 30 years old. They were understaffed, so they were not patient with the residents. He had a roommate who can’t walk and the staff had a hoist and dropped him.

Posted by Parisfriend March 11, 2014
3.0

Beautif facility was wonderful people working there. Short term rehab very understaffed. Staff is kind and nice , but overworked, especially the nurses. No communication with family members. Patient care coordinator basically useless- in 6 weeks my mom was there no one returned calls . Dr. Dhana is hospital admin for all Morris Life facilities as well as only doc. On call. Patients have difficulty seeing him.

Posted by Caring75011 June 23, 2013

MorseLife got the best rating in the world. It's one of the top places probably in the whole area. The nursing home has over 280 beds. I really didn't get a good tour and I was very unhappy with the person that took me around, it was too quick and I didn't really get to see much.

Posted by cbj1892 August 21, 2012
4.0

I think that this may have been one of the better facilities for elder adults that my mother has been too. Although there are many places located in this area of Florida, we decided to use Morse. I took a tour of the facilities, which were rather large and accommodating, and felt that my mother was right at home here. The food was good compared to the other places that she has been to, with the lunch being the best meal there. Aside from the tour that I took before choosing this facility for my mother go to, I found it was extremely easy for me and my family to go and visit her almost any time of the day or year. I really would recommend this facility because my mother and I enjoyed it greatly and we would definitely use it again. I believe anyone looking for a facility like this should look no further.

Location of MorseLife