Carmel Richmond Healthcare And Rehab Center

Top Nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Carmel Richmond Healthcare And Rehab Center

August 23, 2016

By FHFgirl

The care here was absolutely AWFUL! They only changed my mothers diaper once an eight hour shift, she had rashes and soars by the time she left. The rarely fed her a full meal, all they would do is shove a few mouthfuls in her mouth and move on to other things. We found out through my mothers roommate and a few of the other visitors that she was being underfed. She lost 15 pounds there. The PT and the OT literally gave up on my mother after two weeks said she had reached her maximum ability and they would not provide her with any more therapy, They said my mother would never stand, even with assistance, and she would never sit upright unsupported. However, after mom was sent home, and after only three weeks of home therapy and she was standing with only one hand assistance, and sitting upright unsupported. They also left my mothers bed elevated after changing her, and left the guard rail down. When we came for our daily visit we found my mother on the floor, and her roommate calling out loudly with her call light on. The roommate said that she had been calling for the nurse for 20 minutes, thank God we got there when we did!. I wouldn't send a dog to this facility! If you love the elderly person you care for and the only alternative for rehab is this place, do what I did and visit EVERY day several times a day. They never knew when I was coming so they tried to stay on their toes!

June 22, 2015

By John107858850

My mother stayed there at Carmel Richmond, and the rooms were clean, but the parking lot wasn’t that big.

January 21, 2015

By Noreen

While the decor was lovely, The care was not!. My mother was there for rehab and didn't do well at all. She was on oxygen 24/7, I found her numerous times with oxygen on they left her one night without any oxygen on. They are always short staffed and the food was always cold. There wasn't much activites either. Carmel once was rated the best but, from first hand i saw the care has gone down. The Nuns were rude also.

March 20, 2014

I live in the area, so I was always aware of Carmel Richmond. It was a very warm atmosphere and it's not too big. My mother is much improved. She shares a room with someone else. Everyone I met has been very nice and pleasant. The food is not gourmet, but it's adequate.

April 07, 2008

By Elena-1

My loved one stayed here

I cannot express how grateful I am that my mother was able to stay at this facility during her recovery from surgery. The staff are truly very dedicated people. They went beyond their duty to assure my mom had the best care and got to actually enjoy her stay at the center. She is quite pleased with the level of care, the rehab staff, the nurses, aides, and administrators. The place is very clean, food is pretty good, activities are of interest to residents, and there is a true sense of community. I was impressed at how well she was treated. My mom stayed for 10 days at the Staten Island Univ Hospital prior to Carmel and there is no comparison between the two. The hospital staff were pretty defficient, they let my mom develop and infection, they failed to offer her the medical care she demanded. In Carmel, the entire team took care of her and I never had a complaint. I highly recommend this place if your love one is on need of staying at a rehab facility. my mom loved the place and the staff so much that she is now attending the Day Care for senior adults and enjoys it. She is continuing with her rehab, same staff as the one she had when she was a resident.

Features of Carmel Richmond Healthcare And Rehab Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Carmel Richmond Healthcare And Rehab Center

Carmel Richmond Healthcare And Rehab Center is a nursing home in Staten Island, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Carmel Richmond Healthcare And Rehab Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Carmel Richmond Healthcare And Rehab Center