Magnolia Place - Spartanburg

8020 WHITE AVENUE, Spartanburg, SC, 29303

Reviews of Magnolia Place - Spartanburg

Gosomewhereelse November 15, 2015

This place is not a place I would put my dog in. My family member was on the new unit which is very nice. The nurses was nice and the CNA's on 2nd shift was good I can't say the same about the ones on first. The problems started after the first couple of days when my family member didn't get a shower and I went to his Unit Manager (Kim) and asked her could she tell me what day my family member was to get a shower she told me. It should have been the day before of which they did not receive. I asked her could she tell me why they did not receive a shower and she told me she did not know. Wrong answer what she should have said was I'm not sure but I will find out and make sure he receive one tonight. But she didn't she acted as if she didn't care. I asked to talk with the Director of Nursing and Kim called her and she said she would be right down to talk with me. I waited for two day and she never came. I went to her nasty office which is a subject of its own. How in the hell she is allowed to have a office that look like that is ridiculous! There is no way she know what's in there because the office is just NASTY! Papers everywhere boxes everywhere. If the Administrator find nothing wrong with that mess then something is wrong with her. Do the owners of this beautiful facility ever come to visit unannounced? Well they should! They should really consider going on undercover boss. They will learn a lot! Anyway I never saw the Administrator outside of the meeting I had when my family member first came into the facility. It was not until I was told my family member had fallen not once but twice trying to get to the restroom and I told the nurse that I was taking my family out of the facility that day that I saw the Director of Nursing. Her attitude and disposition was very unprofessional. I too am an Administrator and I would have fired her on the spot if she talk to a family member the way she spoke to me and I still feel like she too should be terminated. All she did was make excuses for her staff who by the way was nowhere to be found while she was defending them. I was ready to take my family member out of the facility when the Discharge Planner and Social Worker came to talk with me. Although I already knew that my family member would be leaving AMA. I felt sorry for the two of them trying to convenience me to let my family member stay until the next day so that they could have them discharged properly. I agreed to let them stay until the next morning. I do hope the Owners of this facility have access to this web site. There are a lot of unhappy people that work here. They are good worker. They never talked to me personally but I could hear them talking amongst them self in the hall. Their jobs should never be threatened because the facility is short staff there relief doesn't show up but they have to go home and get their children. Helloooo did you people forget about the labor laws?! They were put in place for a reason!

need new management October 16, 2015

Our mother was is in the facility for the month of September on unit one. She would have to wait 30-40 minutes for the bathroom unless second shift was there. Her nurse on second is the only time we got anything taken care of that we requested, she and the male nurse were wonderful with mom and the other patients. Her first shift nurse was hateful and im not sure why the third shift nurse went into the medical field, extremely lazy!!! The cna's werent that great either. They like to hide and play to much. We were surpose to meet with the director of nursing and administrator, they were busy that day, never spoke with us or rescheduled. Til this day no contact from them. Neither of them care about their patients or staff. You never see either if them on the floor and if you ask to see them they are to busy to care. One night our nurse was sick and they had the male nurse do all patients by his self. To us that showed even more that management didnt care. We didn't feel like mom or the other patients were safe because they have to many patients in the unit that show out and give the staff a hard time. If they found new management that wasnt just there for a check it could be a good facility.

JujuB71 September 04, 2015

I don't know how anyone could say anything negative about this place. My Dad had to spend 3months getting rehab. Everyone was so nice to him and me. If it weren't for them my Dad wouldn't of gotten to go back home. My Mother isn't in good health and they took extra care to make her visits easier. Mother and Dad will always go here for any rehab. Thanks to them

Go some where else August 10, 2015

It is unfortunate that I had to put a family member there. She was a resident on the new rehab side which is very pretty from the outside. However the are worthless. The CNAs well let's just say 90 percent of the time you can't find them and the other five percent the are hiding in a room talking on there cell phones. They do not answer call lights. The nursing staff on the day shift was ok. But that lady on second worthless. I can't tell you how many time I went to the Unit Manager to report the CNAs and she is worthless too. While my mother was there she was scheduled a shower twice a week she was there 14 days before she received the first bath and I gave it to her. I reported it to the Unit Manager and nothing was done about it. I asked to speak with the Director of Nursing (DON) and I'm still waiting to see her and my mother has been home for over two weeks. All she does is sit in her office and act like she working and make excuses for her worthless staff. She need to be replaced. It was not until I reported to my mom Social Worker that I seen some results. She asked two of the CNAs on second shift would they give her a bath and they did. The Social Worker made it a point to check with me daily to make sure everything was ok with my mother. The food is cold and nasty. The bottom line I would not put my family there unless it's a absolute must.

Beautifulzebra April 22, 2015

My dad was at this facility twice for rehab and he absolutely loved it here.The nurses and Cna's treated him well.It seemed more like a family oriented atmosphere and they made him feel like they really cared for him. I would recommend this facility to everyone i know who is looking for a nursing home for their loved ones.

A concerned member of the community April 18, 2015

I unfortunately had to put my mother in this place for rehab after a stroke. She was a fall risk, which they knew, she fell 3 times! They were supposed to transport her to doc apt. They completely missed one and was 45 min late for the other. Some of the nurses and cna's really seem to care but are extremely OVER worked and UNDER paid. The ot, pt, and speech therapy staff is pretty good. The Administrator has absolutely no compassion! She really does only care about the bottom line and making money. The folks that reside there are not people to her. They are her cash cows. Don't put your loved ones in this place. Good luck and God Bless.

MomInLawAdvocate October 12, 2014

My mother-in-law was here for about 3 weeks for rehab. The rehab part went pretty well, with the exception of the small amount of one-on-one time she received. When she was first moved here, we made sure to tell the nurses/CNAs that she was a huge fall risk (she fell at the hospital). The second night Mom was there, she fell. I'd say 50% of the nurses were OK as far as doing their job well. I did not meet one CNA that I was remotely impressed with. When Mom set off her bed alarm, no one ever came to check on her. We asked the nurses/CNAs to help with her meals, but walked in during meal time twice to find her eating alone, with food all in the bed. If you have a choice, do NOT send your loved one here. If you don't have a choice, make sure you have someone up there with your loved one as much as possible.

A concerned Sptbg family member March 25, 2014

My mother just spent three weeks at this skilled nursing/rehab center for rehab. She was scheduled to receive three hours per day of physical therapy. Not sure if they were short staffed but she did not receive the therapy ordered. Even after the doctor sent orders to the center he had to give another order to provide aggressive therapy. Nursing was great but the CNA's were awful...leaving patients in the bathroom for up to 45 mins at a time. Not answering call lights for thirty mins at a time. I pray we never have to go back.

About Magnolia Place - Spartanburg

Magnolia Place - Spartanburg is a nursing home in Spartanburg, SC that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Magnolia Place - Spartanburg for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Magnolia Place - Spartanburg

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Magnolia Place - Spartanburg