Villa at South Holland

16300 Wausau Avenue, South Holland, IL, 60473

Reviews of Villa at South Holland

December 14, 2014

By cmama

Do not let the pretty first floor fool you! The stench of urine hit us as soon as we stepped into the elevator to go up to the second floor only to realize the smell was worse when the doors opened. The residents were just bunched in the middle of the room, and the hallways were littered with mattresses, carts and all types of other equipment, but we couldnt find the basics like gloves in the patients room. I am truly disappointed in this facility. I have had family members stay here years ago and it never looked or smelled like this! What a shame.

October 29, 2014

By chiefcook

My mother was a resident here for almost 2 years. Less than 6 months after she became a resident, the facility changed hands and became "The Villa". It has gone downhill in many ways since then. It's understaffed, especially on the weekends. We found the aides on the 3rd floor chatting away at the desk while residents sat clumped together asking for water that never came. They ignored the overwhelming smell of poop while my mom sat in her own feces asking for help. Mom suffered from at least 4 UTI's in the time she was there and each one helped to deteriorate her brain a little further. They said that mom "slipped" out of her wheelchair but assured is she was fine, only to discover 2 days later (after she kept crying out in pain several times) that she had broken her hip. The last and final act of negligence and stupidity came on the day she died when a very ignorant aide tried to feed my unconscious mother pudding. They didn't tell me that when they called, but instead said that they needed to suction her throat due to mucous build up. We found out about the pudding because someone let it slip and my brother saw pudding coating her mouth...she wasn't even able to swallow and was on morphine at the time this ignoramus thought it was okay to try to feed her. The only reason I'm giving 2 stars is because of a precious few who are there for the right reason and who actually care.

July 30, 2012

By kima1212

This facility was not the best out there, because I have seen better. There were some truly nice staff members that I can relate to, and talk with about my grandmother's needs. They did make sure that she was well taken care of. When it came to the dietary department, they did not pay too much attention to the food that my grandmother was not allowed to have. She was given the wrong food on numerous occasions which resulted in complaints. The front desk staff was very nice and respectful. They made sure that my grandmother was happy and comfortable, especially when I came to visit. I do think that there is a little bit of room for improvement, which is why I gave the facility only 3 stars. Overall, my grandmother survived the short stay until she was brought back home with us. I guess you really can't be 100% satisfied with every facility.

November 15, 2009

By daughter56

Excellent Facility For Nursing Care

My 92 year old mother has been a resident of this facility for the past three and a half years. I have been very satisfied with the care that Mom has received - the staff has been extremely caring and compassionate, attending to Mom's every need. I have always been notified whenever there was a problem and any questions I have had have always been answered. I could not have made a better choice of a nursing facility. Mom will be leaving the facility this coming Monday to live at home where my husband and I will care for her, as finances do not allow us to have her stay there any longer. But I would seriously recommend this facility to anyone looking for the best quality care for their loved one.

Features of Villa at South Holland

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Partnership
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Villa at South Holland

Villa at South Holland is a nursing home in South Holland, IL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Villa at South Holland for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Villa at South Holland