Over the last several of visiting a family member at the Villa at South Holland, I am no longer going to keep silent about the lack of patient care at this facility because of the fear of retaliation. I leave the Villa at South Holland on a daily basis ‘shaking my head’ in disgust. The lack of care for their patients brings tears to my eyes for this the patients aren’t unable to care for one reason or another. It breaks my heart to see how helpless they are and how uncomfortable some of them are.
During my visit, I have observed some things that I feel are unlawful. I am sure after reading them you will feel the same way. Please read some of my observation to get an idea of empathy and sympathy for their patients. I hope someone reading this can ‘HELP ME’ get the right attention/media coverage to stop prevent this from happening at this facility and across others as well.
- Profane stench through-out the facility
- Patients are sitting in his/her feces for long periods of time
- Littered mattresses that are placed on the floor next to the patients to break their fall rather than having beds with bedrails to prevent falls
- Patients have bed sores/wounds that aren’t being attended to causing very foul odor and discomfort
- Patients being left unattended and sitting on the toilet for long periods of time without supervision
- Patients aren’t being bathe on a regular basis
- LACK of communication between the RN’s, CNA’s, and other staff when it comes to patient
- A family member witness the fall of one of the patients
- Staff not following the proper diet guidelines when it come to the patient care
- The overall rating I would give this
- Staff under paid for the services care provided
- LACK of quality care from certain staff members
- VERY ‘HIGH’ turnover rate with staff
- VERY short staffed resulting in lack of care for each patient
- Broken equipment that is being used such as the “HELP BUTTON” which limits notification to the nursing station when help is needed by patients
- The temperament of some of the staff is just OKAY…BUT can be improved by implement, better processes, procedures, and employee code of conduct
In my humble opinion, there should be a full investigation of this facility and staff due to the lack of quality care for patients and all of the preliminary observations mentioned above.
And for other reasons that are listed below:
Assessing the accuracy of the internal controls or business systems and operations.
Testing the internal controls to ensure proper operation.
Lack of communication finical disclosures between the social worker and the hospital staff
An audit should be conducted of the staffing credentials to make him or she has the proper
Note: There is video footage and recording of some of the certain incidents to support the above.