Roswell Nursing & Rehabilitation

1109 Green Street, Roswell, GA, 30075

Reviews of Roswell Nursing & Rehabilitation

bissylewis March 14, 2016

If I could take off this one star i would. My father was there recovering from surgery and needing rehab, and I truly believe that if he stayed there he would have died. DON"T send anyone you love here. The Administrators talk the talk, but the actual people giving the care don't walk the walk. The CNAs are very good, but the RNs have huge attitudes. Not sure if there is any oversight--I think they'd rather keep everyone drugged up and numb to make them easier to handle. The Rehab is good and the therapists seem to really care but otherwise the facility is sub-par at best.

NancyGA February 19, 2016

Yesterday we took my friend's son to Roswell Nursing as it was the only place in the area that had an available bed. Well, my friend's daughter sent him these bad reviews which caused major family problems but I had a neighborhood friend who had her sister-in-law here who said it was really good for her. We walked into a spotless clean facility where there were no roaches, lots of windows, clean floors and a staff that we can't say enough good things about. The nurses welcomed us, were full of smiles, very helpful and couldn't be more accommodating. Michelle in admissions was super efficient and wonderful to work with and Sherry, the Medicaid/Medicare specialist was equally impressive. My friend's son was in the long term care unit in a large room with 2 other men separated by curtains - some rooms have just two people in them. I loved the way the facility allowed the residents to put up all kinds of personal pictures and items on the walls. It was sort of nice to see those in wheelchairs wheeling around the halls (something I have not seen at other nursing homes) and getting out of their rooms. Yes, it is an older facility and I have no idea about the food as my friends son is on a puree/thickened liquid diet & is fed in the room. There was a big dining room but we were never there at meal time. The place is not fancy, nor is it new but has updated areas. There is a very nice restaurant right next door if you like country cooking.

Cbuvhanan January 15, 2016

If you love your family member, do not take them to this facility. We admitted my sister-in-law there just before Christmas. We tried to check it out beforehand, but hospital gave us several hours notice they were dismissing patient. My husband went there but no one was available to take him through facility. The room she had was so small, her bed was against the wall and facing the corner. Two double rooms (4 people) shared one half bath. The room had one straight chair and a folding chair for visitors. The entire facility appears to be furnished with flea market furniture. Dining room is awful and I wouldn't feed my dog their food. Strange clothes kept showing up in her closet although I did her laundry. Several of her items including her glasses were lost. She was there for physical therapy but because it was during Christmas, she received no pt for five days. Tv room had no chairs and broken tv remote. No one ever seemed to be in charge. The bright spot was an excellent caregiver named Leigh. Without her I believe they would have left her bed 24/7. Wear a mask if you visit. The odors will take your breath away.

Jack-in-law January 01, 2016

Generally, nursing homes here in the south are sub-par, but Roswell Nursing and Rehab has to be at the bottom of the barrel. I don't know how the upper floor is, but the alzheimers wing is deplorable. I can understand that the place is an older facility, but that's no excuse for the lack of professionalism. The nurses are lazy and give the CNA's very little help. The CNA's are minimum wage employees, biding their time there from whatever country of origin they come from, until they can find something better--thus the high turnover rate. We are looking for a place to move my mother-in-law from there. I wouldn't let this facility take care of my pet.

SM1 June 12, 2015

Of all the places Roswell Nursing & Rehabilitation was the least pleasant for me. It has kind of an odor, but nothing bad. Most of the residents seem to be more rehab and rest than assisted living. The rooms were kind of dingy. It was not bad, but my impression of it was just dark and dingy. I think I would recommend it if someone was looking for a place to just sort of put somebody for maybe Alzheimer's or something like that. For improvement, I would paint the walls and add more light.

TNT 101 June 05, 2015

Stay away! The place is dirty. The nurses dont want to work and they become upset if they need to do one on one with any patient. The rooms are dirty and dingy. My mom wouldnt eat alone so they asked me to feed her when i arrived late in the day after work! I havent been able to find an adminstrator to voice my concerns. I moved my mother out ASAP. What horrible professionalism! RDR

Bugs and Filth May 18, 2015

On Friday, May 15, 2015 at approx 6:00 PM, a EMT Unit transported my wife to “Roswell Nursing and Rehabilitation Center “in Roswell Ga.. She required a Wound VAC and special care for a wound that had a secondary infection. This placed us in a unique postion requiring a clean environment to prevent other infections. When I arrived, a few minutes after the EMT had my wife in the room. My wife was sitting on the edge of the bed “Crying” in a “Filthy Room” with trash under the bed. This room was not clean and crud was littering the floor. (I have Pictures to prove what we found.) There were also roaches and other Bugs walking around also. I expressed my concern when I first arrived about the filth on the floor and bugs, and instead of someone sweeping the floor and Mopping. They pushed a night stand over the stuff on the floor to cover it up. I also have a Pictures of this. This I pointed out to the Nurse, and was told it would be taken care of. (It was still there when I left hours later). During the approx 2 to 3 hours we were there we were talking to the Doctor, and ordering the EMT Transport to transport my wife back to the Emergency Room. They got a wheel chair to show us another room (which I was told would cost more; I guess a little cleaner cost more there. It was not much cleaner.) The Nurse went to get a wheelchair to take my wife and me to see the more costly room. The pad on the wheel chair had something on it. (Again I will not say what I think it was). Instead of getting another wheel chair pad or actually cleaning it with disinfectant, she placed a pad over it. While waiting for the EMT I saw more roaches which I took pictures of, on a night stand, the floor and on a patients bed and walking on and into the air conditioner. (one of which was the largest Roach I have ever seen). The inside of the windows had spider webs and I am not sure what else on them. The floors in both rooms had something on them; I will not say here what I think it was! “Roswell Nursing and Rehabilitation Center “in Roswell Ga. should be investigated by the Dept of Public Health, CDC, and anyone else that can close and fine this institution. I saw many senior citizens in this situation at this Rehab and Nursing home. Our Older Generation deserves better than this. Our Older Generation should not be made to live in Filth. This Unit needs to be closed immediately! I pray this is not indicative of the future of our health care system.

annieboo February 11, 2015

WHO IS IN CHARGE HERE? No one is willing to give a name of where the buck stops, nor is it available online. My mother's clothes have been stolen, and the only person who can even discuss it is the Social Worker; all other managers who are "new." The stealing has been going on since she arrived there in Aug., even though we do her laundry. A friend whose mother is there said she's resigned herself to having her mother appear as if she is homeless, because she's worn herself out over several YEARS trying to get the matter addressed to some degree of satisfaction. Both women have been dressed in clothes not their own, despite the fact that all is labeled. Our overall experience at RNRC has been bleak. There are a few staff who are on-task, but aside from that I have nothing positive to say. People can come and go without signing in. Housekeeping is poor, and for my mother, who needs to be fed (advanced Alzheimer's), the dining room and feeding is absolutely appalling. Last week there were announcements made at least 3x telling staff who were assigned to dining room to report there, and residents were there over 40 min just waiting... no comments, no beverage, just staff wandering about without any apparent goal or sense of urgency. One day I visited to note her glasses were smashed against her face. No one had noted that they must have been stepped on or otherwise damaged: they were put on her, with one side touching eyelashes and undereye skin. Another day I noticed her ring finger was swollen and bent into an abnormal shape. No one had observed that. It took over three weeks for her hair to be cut, even though it was duly noted on the list requesting it. She is often in clothes that have already been worn, and there is an odor that is evident when she's approached. Staff is not supposed to park in the front guest parking spaces, but they do. They come and go as if on vacation, going off-premises to smoke, wheeling stretchers, chatting with residents... There is no sense of accountability to anyone. DO NOT put your loved one at RNRC.

tanila September 25, 2013

My experience with Roswell Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Center was bad. My mom was there for 3 years. For the first year, the care was very good. Then they changed administrators. In my opinion, the care declined rapidly. Several times my mom's medication was allowed to run out. She has glaucoma, and uses 2 different drops in both eyes twice a day. Three different times they ran out of her drops and took several days to get them in. A couple of months ago, she had a terrible cold. She was wheezing very badly. Her breathing treatments were not administered. They moved my mom from a wonderful, semiprivate room to a back hall where the room was so small that we were unable to have a chair for visitors to sit! Mom recently was admitted to the hospital for some very serious surgery. When the admitting nurse was putting her TED hose on, we found her knee to be swollen and blue. She said that she had fallen a couple of days ago at Roswell Nursing Home. I was neither notified, nor had any treatment been administered. I will be filing complaints with the proper agencies. My mom was hospitalized, and we have been able to move her to another facility. I will NEVER use Roswell Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Center again, and advise anyone if they have a family member who they love, do NOT put them here!

From Roswell Nursing & Rehabilitation

Located just minutes off the square in historic Roswell, Roswell Nursing and Rehabilitation offers a convenient care setting for resident families and visitors to enjoy quality time with their loved ones. Several landscaped courtyards and a large front lawn offer a park-like atmosphere for outdoor visits during warm weather, and plentiful indoor common areas provide opportunities for sharing private time and conversation during the winter months.

Features of Roswell Nursing & Rehabilitation

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/01/17)

• Overall: