Manassas Health And Rehab Center

8575 Rixlew Lane, Manassas, VA, 20109

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Manassas Health And Rehab Center

Nancy87787350 November 01, 2014

At Manassas Health, my dad got a urinary infection; they were supposedly changing him all the time, and they didn’t see that his urine was black. The meal was OK; sometimes the meat they were serving was so hard you couldn’t cut it, so I offered to help this one woman cut her food, and they told me if they can’t cut it themselves then they just don’t eat, and that really upset me. The food was good, and it was nursing, very clean, nice, and they do take him to therapy, but he just would go to sleep and not do it. The nurses were all nice for the most part, and I took the food to the table where my dad sits and there were like 8 people there because it took them forever.

Caring88087350 July 31, 2014

Mom went to Manassas Health & Rehab Center. The atmosphere was a little bit better. They had a daily schedule of what they were going to do for the day. They had her in church so that was good. There was always someone in there doing something with her. They make sure that she wasn't in bed all day.

As far as the staff, there were a few that I could tell that it was more than a job to them. They were really concerned about the patient's comfort and different things that they are comfortable with, knowing what they like and what they don't like as far as when they're maneuvering them from one place to another.

Whenever I went, there was always someone mopping or someone doing something. There was one guy that was really good. Every time I would ask him something, he didn't know 100% but he gave me enough. He would say whether she had breakfast or how long she's been up or has she had medication. Simple questions like that, he would know the answer.

lillyne2003 July 08, 2014

Avoid this facility at all costs. Volunteers mean well posting their opinions, but they don't see the neglect and overall horrible conditions the residents live in day after day. The staff is dismissive, they will hear your complaint, agree with you, and change NOTHING. If you love your grandparent, parent, friend, keep them out of there.

Anonymous91 November 22, 2013

Go elsewhere! Poorly trained staff is rude, difficult to understand, have attitude when you ask for assistance. Always saying you aren't their patient so they don't have to help you. Management does not assist to resolve problems and complaints. High staff turnover, poor staff to patient ratio.

Admissions gets you in the door and puts 50 page contract in front of you and demands it be signed with out an accurate description or explanation of what you are being asked to sign. Asked of we could take it home to read over fully and return and was told that we'd have to leave if we did and we'd lose our bed. We were forced to pay for transportation and missed appointment fees because the staff couldn't get appointment dates, times and locations straight and always blamed it on someone else. No responsibility for their actions, always someone else's problem and getting the run-around about who can resolve a problem.

Facility looks old, borders on walls are painted over, paint is odd colors. Bathroom towel bar was falling off the wall, bathroom always smelled of urine. Laundry was mixed with everyone else's and we found other people wearing clothes marked with other peoples names. Had to use your own cell phone or you had to wait for someone to bring you a community cordless phone if you received a call (this is also the main phone for the nurses). On weekends and evenings, no receptionist so calls went to nurses station and calls weren't sent through.

Avoid this and their other facility in Gainesville. They are run by the same awful management company! They come to the facility to listen to patients and families and there is still no resolution.

C Martin August 23, 2011

I volunteer with my church to go to this facility once a month. We stay with the residents to read, sing songs, and then go around to those who can't get to the activity hall. The staff here are very nice and accommodating. They have developed great relationships with the residents and they are very knowledgeable about what each person likes or dislikes in terms of food, activities, assistance required, etc. It makes me secure in knowing that the residents are being cared for individually and collectively. This facility boasts a calendar of events that all residents can participate in. Those who are not mobile can look forward to some range-of-motion exercises at least 3 times a week in their beds. The facility is well-kept and clean.

About Manassas Health And Rehab Center

Manassas Health And Rehab Center is a nursing home in Manassas, VA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Manassas Health And Rehab Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Manassas Health And Rehab Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Manassas Health And Rehab Center