Sunny Vista Living Center

2400 EAST CACHE LA POUDRE, Colorado Springs, CO, 80909

Reviews of Sunny Vista Living Center

February 21, 2017

By Judy A

I can't say enough about the staff at Sunny Vista, what a caring group of individuals and a beautiful building to boot. If I ever need rehab again it's only Sunny Vista for me. I thank my friends all the time for suggesting the rehab center to me.

February 11, 2017

By Jim Sorenson

My mother had been a resident of Sunny Vista for many years and passed away recently at the age of 102+. I visited many times until I was not no longer able,due to disability. Whenever I was there, the care shown my mother and other clients nearby was always exceptional and my brothers and sisters-in-law all felt that we were lucky that Mom was able live at Sunny Vista. Even though I was no longer able to travel, I talked with my Mother by phone many times and she was always happy at Sunny and was appreciative of the care she received. My brothers kept up a good stream of visits and they kept me in the loop as to what she was up to and how she was doing. I would recommend Sunny Vista to anyone living in the Colorado Springs region. Jim & Linda Sorenson

February 07, 2017

By Marc Sorenson

Mom died last week at 102 years of age. She was a permanent resident at Sunny Vista for 7 years. My brothers (& sisters-in-law) and I (& my wife) visited her fairly often and were able to observe the staff interaction with mom and the other guests (patients). Although the meals are the expected institutional fare, we found the staff to be unfailingly kind and loving with mom (and with the other guests we were able to observe). We feel blessed that mom was able to spend her last few years in a caring, loving facility like this.

October 12, 2015

By appalled, with Administrator

Would not put my dog there, looks great from the outside and inside, my sister went there for rehab, did not give her a shown it took my hours for someone to pick up phone, finally got a nurse, not hers but went and got hers, she got her bed bath at midnight. Meds are late 2 hours for her pain, when you are in pain that is a long time!, Do not answer call lights, My sister cried for two hours before she could get her meds, that were late! I stayed on the phone with her I heard everything, the way that talked to her was disgraceful! Do not put your love one there!

September 10, 2015

By Medical Provider

My family member is there due to post op knee surgery. Horrible service since day one. Nobody seems to know what the hell is going on in regards to his care. Some how he couldn'f find his hearing aids which are highly expensive whether someone took them or something happend, who knows. Now he fell out of his bed because he had to go to the bathroom. He called the nurse for help and they didn't show up to help him so he decided to go on his own because the nurse light means nothing apparently to the nurses or just ONE nurse. They have lied to us since the beginning. I would not recommend this place if it was the only place around. DO NOT GO HERE, find somewhere else if you can. We are now taking him somewhere else after one week of care there because they don't know how to take care of their patients. Horrible experience since the first day my family member was admitted.

July 20, 2015

By Marti Grant

My father was in rehab and then long-term care for eight months. I can only say positive things about his care from the CEO/front desk/therapists/all caregivers/housekeeping/maintenance/food service. It was his home-and his family's, also. Our needs were always met promptly and respectfully. My father was treated with dignity and kindness. I have-and will continue to recommend this facility to clients who require rehab and/or long-term care. Again, my sincere gratitude to everyone who cared for my father with professional care/concern-and love.

January 05, 2015

By ChooseCarefully

Don't be fooled by the pretty new building. What really matters is the staff that is working with your loved one. My mother was in rehab there for a brief time - from the beginning, it was clear that they did not want her there. The social worker assigned to us was unsympathetic and unhelpful. She avoided us and lied to me. She promised information about prognosis and discharge date, and this information was never provided until the day she sprung on us that my mother was being discharged. We had to scramble to get care provided at home. I will say that some of the CNA's were great. They had a really good speech therapist, and some caring people in physical therapy. But I left this place with a really bad taste in my mouth, and would not recommend it.

June 17, 2014

By Walker1

I had surgery, and I was at Sunny Vista Living Center for rehabilitation for three weeks. The building where I stayed was two years old. It was clean and excellent. They had long-term residents and assisted care, too. The staff seemed to find what you needed at the time when you needed it, and it was addressed in a really friendly manner. The therapists got me up and moving. The care couldn't have been better. The food was quite nutritional. Some days it was tasty, and some days it wasn't. But maybe that was because I had surgery. All rooms were private. My experience was professional and quite excellent.

November 28, 2012

By smiling_child

When I go to see my grandma there is a nice lady that is at the front desk. She walks you to the room if you don't know where to go. The providers at Sunny Vista are great with the care of my grandma. They go out of their way to help her. They even came in on there day off to check on her. They take her to rehab and work great with her. There is a lot of games and crafts they have everyday to do. As, she doesn't play them cause she wouldn't know how or where to go / follow them with her disease. There is a beautiful salon inside the building to get you hair done. This facility is the best. The building is new and clean. The staff is wonderful. My grandma has Alzheimer's and she doesn't remember anyone. If you have to be in an assist living home this would be the place to stay. We love the stuff and the care we are receiving there.

August 25, 2012

By JimmBb

I live a thousand miles away, put Mom into the facility until I could bring her own home up to code for 24/7 care needs, have been lied to countless times by one of the social workers, and have yet to see one shred of paper regarding charges. Social worker has impeded discharge process, even though it was HE who gave me the initial discharge date which was too soon to arrange placement, and adult protective services intervened and forced them to extend. This is on a PRIVATE PAY!! Beware this place....

July 30, 2012

By scotgirl

This facility does not have a dementia unit yet accepts late stage dementia/AD patients. Athough they try hard they are not setup to take care of dementia patients and the extra time it takes to ive personal attention. I would not recommend this facility do anyone if your love has dementia.

About Sunny Vista Living Center

Sunny Vista Living Center is a nursing home in Colorado Springs, CO that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Sunny Vista Living Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Sunny Vista Living Center