Silverado Onion Creek

11330 Farrah Lane, Austin, TX, 78748

Reviews of Silverado Onion Creek

June 17, 2016

By WW755027

The people at Silverado Onion Creek like my father-in-law a lot, and they're basically crushed that he's leaving. They've always treated him very nicely. The community there is great. They have daily activities going on and take the residents out. They have a book club and very nice facilities which are completely enclosed. There are two doctors that come there or you can take your relative out to see his own doctor. One of the doctors is a concierge doctor, which we paid annually for, and then any overages that come up, you also have to pay. He was very good, and we liked him a lot.

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review our Onion Creek community. Thank you for recognizing the amazing care that our associates provide.

January 27, 2016

By Caring Son29

I visited Silverado. It was very nice. They had very nice rooms. The shared rooms seemed very nice, too, and had plenty of room for both people. They had nice lighting in the rooms. There was enough room for a bed, dresser, and night stand. The bathing area was actually very large. So, there was plenty of room to bathe. If somebody had a walker, I thought there would be plenty of room for that. The place looked very nice, and that’s where I am planning to put my mother.

Thank you for taking the time to tour our Onion Creek community. We are glad that you had the opportunity to experience the Silverado difference. Silverado provides a homelike environment through our exceptional care, spacious and lively rooms, and daily engagement programs. Thanks again for your comments, we look forward to being a trusted resource for you and your mother in the future.

January 26, 2016

By Robert123047250

We were pleased with Silverado. They were able to provide good memory care for my aunt. Overall, their food is good. Their activities are good. They are setup by different zones, and also according to the level of care of the resident. They have activities in each zone that are appropriate to their level. Their staff are well-trained to work with memory care residents. My aunt is in a semi-private room. She shares it with another resident. Her room is sufficient. The facility is fairly new so it’s in a good condition.

Dear Robert, Thank you for sharing your Silverado story! We are happy to hear that your aunt is thriving at our Onion Creek community. As you have experienced, our community caters engagement activities to a resident's personal needs and preferences. Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments! We look forward to continue being a trusted resource for you and your family. We hope that you'll swing by the community soon!

February 11, 2015

By Catherine22

It's been three months since I placed my mother at Silverado Onion Creek, and it is amazing; I really like it. The staff is amazing too; I was very impressed. They have a lot of animals. They have dogs that are walking around, cats, birds, and rabbits, and they are house pets; they don't even belong to an individual. People have private pets too. It's a memory care facility, and the dining room is kind of perfectly set up. It's a square, so you can't get lost. If you don't know where you are, you just keep walking, and you end up back at your place. They have nice food and amazing social activity. They have a lot of local musicians come in and play, and they are good.

Catherine, thank you for your positive comments! Silverado is a socially vibrant community filled with visitors and pets, and often time children as well. Our pet therapy and unique philosophy of care allows us to provide a high quality of care for those we serve. As you noted, at Silverado we put an emphasis on activities and social engagement and often have musicians play at our community. We have found that music can connect our residents with old memories!

January 18, 2015

By Ed32

We went to Silverado, mother spent a day there on her birthday, and she enjoyed that quite immensely. They treated her as spa bath and did her nails and hair. They went to a concert that they had that afternoon, and we took her a birthday cake over there and shared it with all of the residents. The facility is always beautiful, smells nice, and they were decorating the Christmas tree when we got back. She spent the night when we first found out about Silverado, and she spent I think a weekend there because I had to go out of town and my sister was busy doing things too. There were a couple of instances where we dined in the special dining room for just our family, and the food was the same thing they were serving everybody else that day; it was excellent, and we love it. Everything was handled expertly.

Ed, we are so happy to hear that you and your mother had a positive experience at Silverado Onion Creek. Our flexible and overnight care services are perfect for when you may need some time on your own. We're happy that we had the opportunity to celebrate your mother's birthday with her, we believe each day should be celebrated and when birthday's come around we like to do something extra special! Thanks again, we look forward to continue to be a trusted resource for you and your family.

May 30, 2014

Silverado was nice. It looked like it was probably the newest of the three I visited. I liked that it was bright and cheerful looking. We were there about three or four o'clock in the afternoon, and they had some activities going on. They had visiting musicians, so the residents were sitting in the living area and listening to music. They seemed to enjoy that. The staff was very nice, friendly, and helpful. They gave us a tour, and everything seemed nice and up to date. The room was nice, with a little enclosed shelf outside of each door where a person could put some mementos to identify their background. They seemed to have a nice group of people there.

Thank you for taking the opportunity to tour our community and experience the Silverado difference. At Silverado, we provide personalized dementia engagement plans and offer numerous activities throughout the day. As you noticed, we put an emphasis on music and often have concerts! Recent dementia research has actually indicated that music therapy can relax and reduce frequency of agitation in those with Alzheimer's. Thank you again for sharing your comments!

February 24, 2014

By Dana11

Silverado exceed all of our expectations when we were looking for a facility for my mom. It is the most similar to a person's true home. The facility is shaped like and pentagon so in every corner there is a living area with a living room furniture, big screen TV, and a beautiful kitchen that is stocked with a ready to eat food. One thing I also like is the residents are always reminded to live with self-respect and the staff doesn't treat them like patients. They treat them as clients and make them feel like they are in their own home. Silverardo only takes seniors with diagnosed level of dementia and they have three different levels of care for dementia patients. They also have animals there. They require the residents to be dressed every day. The caregiver only handles five patients; the same five patients at all times. The staff is wonderful. The environment is wonderful and probably truly one of the most significant scenes to us as a family besides my mother's care is the fact that environment is very welcoming for family members. They go out to eat at restaurants and it's all covered by the facility and I think that is really cool and in addition to that they do bowling, cooking classes, sewing classes, they do art classes, wine tasting once a month. They also do miniature golf plays out in their courtyard and the courtyard is very, very large. They also have a big covered patio in the courtyard as well which has all these rocking chairs for the residents. They really do a lot. What's nice about this facility is that it's secured but the doors aren’t locked. They have a very big courtyard. The only place that has the locked door is the very front entrance. My mother when we usually put her in a facility, she would always ask us to bring back home, but when we had her at Silverado she never ask us to go home again.

Dana, thank you for sharing your Silverado story! Feedback like this truly motivates us to continue enriching the lives of those we serve. We look forward to continue to be a resource to you, your mother, and the rest of the family in the future!

Photos of Silverado Onion Creek

Features of Silverado Onion Creek

About Silverado Onion Creek

The skilled, compassionate memory care professionals at Silverado are dedicated to providing residents with the dignity and care they deserve while they enjoy the community's warm atmosphere. Comfortable surroundings and engagement activities designed with the needs of memory-impaired individuals in mind help ensure the goal of enriching the lives of both residents and their families.

Map of Silverado Onion Creek