Desoto Beach Club

5201 Desoto Rd, Sarasota, FL, 34235

Reviews of Desoto Beach Club

Happy visitor49 February 26, 2016

I went to Desoto Beach Club, and actually signed up there for six months. It’s a clean facility. I went there with my family. We ate there, and they have good food, good security, and safety programs. Their independent-living situation was just fine with me. The staff was all friendly, and very accommodating.

Happy Visitor13 January 14, 2016

Desoto Beach Club was a gorgeous place with wonderful amenities and excellent food. The people were extremely nice to me.

Anonymous117166550 November 30, 2015

My mom liked Desoto Beach Club. I thought it was very clean. They've remodeled, and my mother liked the floors. I liked the apartment and the convenience of the walkway around from the back to the front and its little porch. I thought it was nice.

Anonymous102698050 November 12, 2015

Desoto Beach Club was absolutely gorgeous. It was warm and fuzzy feeling with top-notch food and phenomenal staff. They were so warm and inviting, cordial, and delightful. The apartments were spectacular, and the grounds were gorgeous.

Polly3 October 23, 2015

Desoto was very nice. It was very clean, the people were really nice, and I think it was one of the best places I’ve seen. The food was good, the rooms were fantastic and updated, and it was really homey.

Karen113553850 September 30, 2015

We visited Desoto Beach Club for my parents. They have been really nice as far as the product. It was very clean and very nice. The personnel that I did meet seemed very nice. They do bus trips, paintings, art classes, and all kinds of exercise. They have a card room. They have all these social activities.

Caring112305250 September 16, 2015

We found Desoto Beach Club for my mother. It is only nine years old, so it is very modern and clean. The studio apartment is really big. It has a full size refrigerator and sink, so it is really a good deal. Their apartments are spacious, modern, and nice. I absolutely recommend this facility to others. The staff is very nice. They're very accommodating and helpful. They're nice people.

Caring111303450 August 09, 2015

The rooms at Desoto Beach Club were nice. They range from studio to two-bedrooms. They have garages for cars. The place was clean, caring, and convenient.

Caring108437850 June 20, 2015

We visited Desoto Beach Club, and it was very nice and was nicely kept up. It's extremely clean. It was beautiful. The size of the one bedroom apartment looked appropriate for mom, but it was expensive. She would be able to have her cat which is important for her. Everything we saw was good. It was very positive; it's just the cost that we are talking about.

Caring107428950 March 10, 2015

My friend moved in to the Desoto Beach Club. It is very good. It is a nice, clean, and comfortable place. They had a lot of amenities. They invited us to lunch, and they had good food. The apartment is very nice, clean, and modern. It is in a convenient location. Everybody was very helpful and friendly. It is in a great location, and it is right by a brand new mall in Sarasota which is the most beautiful city in the country. It is a very nice place.

Caring100904050 March 02, 2015

My mom likes it at Desoto Beach Club. My mom is now 10 minutes away from me instead of 2 hours. It was very nice inside, and I thought the staff was very friendly. She’s not too happy with the food, but she loves her room, and she really was fortunate that she got a room that had a corner. It has a nice living room, too. It has a little bit of shape to it and just enough space for her.

George96357450 October 27, 2014

Desoto Beach Club was the first facility that we went to, and it was a good visit. We were able to eat there and the food is very good. It's less than 10 years old and it is right in the growing area, and we really like the facility. The rooms are very good, and this would be one of the facilities chosen if we decided to be in one.

Carolyn37 March 27, 2014

Desoto Beach Club is absolutely a beautiful facility. It's a very lavish-looking place. I don?t think they take care of the staff there well because there is a high turnover rate, but the staff are very good to the residents. With the activities, they do have bingo, and I think they have a TV night in the lobby. But what I didn?t like is that food. We went over for Thanksgiving, and it was instant mashed potatoes and pressed turkey.

Hi Carolyn37, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. Thank you as well for your kind words around the aesthetics of our buildings and the helpfulness of of our staff. We strive to provide excellent service and nutrition to our customers, and regret that your last meal with us did not meet expectations. We've made several improvements to our food program in the years it's been since your review, and we'd love to invite you to join us for a meal to see! Thanks again for your review and kind words about our staff and community!

russ 45 February 13, 2014

I had the opportunity to visit Desoto Beach Club. Over the years I have visited assisted living facilities, first for my mother, and then for friends. I never saw a better assisted residence as nice as Desoto Beach Club. My reception there as an interested client was impressive. After receiving an interview and an explanation of the services provided there, I was given a tour so that I could see for myself this modern, well kept facility. I was given the opportunity to see for myself the various options for apartments. Again, I was impressed. After the tour my host and I returned to the office where my host sought a commitment from me. Since I will have much to do to make the transition from my present condo living to the assisted living, I had to defer a decision. They are willing to accommodate me while I do that. However, that didn't sound too appealing. In the meantime I had a very fine lunch there and sat with three residents, The atmosphere there I found somewhat discouraging. At my condo we have a very social and engaging group of residents. The atmosphere there was very dreary. Although I am 86, I am very active socially. ( I maybe old, but I ain't cold). Therefore, at this time I am holding off making a move. When the right time to move comes, there is no doubt I will choose Desoto lakes Club. I also had a nice visit at Horizon Bay. Their facilities are not as nice as Desoto Beach Club. I don't particularly like their location. However, I thought their apartments were better than Desoto.My reception there and the tour was very nice and friendly like Desoto.

floridagirl1 September 27, 2012

People who live there really love it- they are happy because they have their own apartments and simply have meal times together. They have an exercise room, a billiard table, a large dining room with various meal choices, and the staff is extremely friendly. The director is wonderful and works with families to make them feel sure that their loved one is being taken special care of. Apartments are very nice- include sink, fridge, bathroom, bedroom, and sometimes a screened-in balcony. My grandfather loves it here! Wonderful place. Would definitely recommend.

From Desoto Beach Club

Desoto Beach Club is located in Sarasota, FL, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Desoto Beach Club for a visit...and stay!

Features of Desoto Beach Club

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room