University Pines

8991 University Pkwy, Pensacola, FL, 32514

Reviews of University Pines

Caring111257250 August 15, 2015

The apartments were small and had an air-conditioner in the middle of the living room. The staff was nice and friendly. Some of the activities were OK, but most of the residents at University Pines were older than what I was looking for. They had transportation to places, and they did have other activities that were going on in the community. It was an open dining room with a one-time meal service. Everybody ate at the same time, and they did have options there. However, the people that were there didn't seem to bother.

Anonymous110409250 August 05, 2015

University Pines only had independent living, and it was expensive. The staff was very nice. I liked the marketing director. She was a delightful lady. They showed us an apartment, and it was very nice. It was also adequate. We had a meal there, and I liked it.

Dot8 May 16, 2015

Our experience with University Pines is good. The grounds are very nice. They have activities like karaoke. They have church, and they do bingo. My sister is in the retirement community there. There is a hospital nearby. Everything is wonderful in the whole place.

Kelly19 February 10, 2015

University Pines is nice and spacious. It looks like a good place to where my dad could move in to. It is bit of a community of his peers. They had shared with us a couple of the one-bedrooms that was vacated at the time. They shared with us that they were taking some of the residents to the Blue Angels show during that time. They shared some of the activities they have available for the men like a billiards area. They encourage the men to meet there. They have a TV area that is separate, and they have a weight room too. They are really good and nice.

Russell8 August 29, 2014

The one I visited was University Pines and it was a nice place. The only problem that I would have is that it’s located on a very busy street, but it's also nice because the hospital is just right across. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating.

Sandra92348550 August 27, 2014

I found University Pines very clean. It appeared to be well-run. They had a variety of different facilities available as far as studios and a one or two-bedroom apartments. It had an all-inclusive, with three meals a day in the dining room. The thing that impressed me most was that they had ground floor rooms with direct access to the outside and that is important for me. They had just about any activity you could want. They have a list of probably a dozen different activities every day. They do have outings and transportation available for shopping or doctors' appointments. They have medical people that come in regularly to do blood pressure checks, exercises classes, and things like that. They also have a poetry club, a pool table, a TV room, and a beauty parlor. The staff was very friendly and very, very nice. The atmosphere was more like a very nice hotel. My mother was in a nursing home and there were definitely sick people there, but this was just individual people who were independent, but not completely on their own anymore. Other than the fact that it was along a busy highway, it really was almost walking distance to a shopping area. They actually invited me to a luau yesterday and the food was good, tasty, and well prepared.

Caring87787250 June 27, 2014

I am living at University Pines, and its fine. There is not a thing wrong, but maybe they could have better food. This place is very good. The rooms are fine. We have all kinds of activities, like bingo and bowling. They allow pets, and that is also the reason why I chose this place.

Caring86377950 June 18, 2014

University Pines was very active and social. It didn't appear to be a nursing home-type setting. The rooms have different sizes. They have a very small all-in-one type room, and then they have one a little bit bigger. It's still one room, but it has a lot more space in it, and then they have rooms for couples. The staff is very friendly, open, welcoming. They have a big calendar that they print every month. There are probably 8 to 10 activities for people to choose from every day. They have different trips during the week, and they have people that come in to entertain. They have all different types of games and activities for the residents every day.

I visited my mother several times, and they give them options for different things. It's not just one thing that they have to eat. It's very good. They have several chefs that work, and they alternate, so it's very good. The dining area is like a restaurant, so she can mingle, and it's very open. I think the best thing for her is the social activities. She's able to get out and meet people. She likes it.

Marion10 March 26, 2014

The rooms are really nice at the University Pines. They clean the rooms once a week and they do light housekeeping. They also do your laundry. They do have activities done within the facility and they also do outside trips.

Bobby4 September 30, 2013

We visited University Pine and it's a nice place. We did not get really familiar with the staff, but they seemed okay. We didn't spend much time there, but I can say that the apartments are adequate and that's all I can say.

Rebecca2828 September 16, 2013

I looked at University Pines and it's a very nice place. I liked it whole lot. The staff were very nice. I was very pleased with this facility. The food was fine. They have a lot of activities going on. They have good exercise program and they also have a lady come in to do flower arranging.

caring0124113 January 31, 2013

In my opinion, University Pines has become a training place. They're bringing in other people that have to be trained. They also make the staff work too hard without any extra help coming in to train people. And we are not getting the attention and not getting the service. They are understaffed. We had good management a year ago or so. I've been here over a year and a half and I was hoping to spend my next 10 years. But the way the University Pines is looking and has been and its maintenance, we'll never be here for another five years. This place needs a complete overhaul of the building. They don't even have maintenance to try to fix chairs, so they throw them in the garbage, which I think is not right.

From University Pines

University Pines is located in Pensacola, FL, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to University Pines for a visit...and stay!

Features of University Pines

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room