The Landing at Behrman Place Retirement Community

3601 Behrman Place, New Orleans, LA, 70114

Reviews of The Landing at Behrman Place Retirement Community

May 09, 2014

The Landing is just a very nice place, and the people who run it are great. They live on the property, and it seems they really care about the residents. The staff who toured us was very knowledgeable. Everybody has a great attitude towards their clients. They have Bingo, concerts, and all kinds of things. They had really nice portions of the food at the cafeteria. Price-wise, it was not on par with the other places because it was actually one of the cheapest ones I’ve seen.

February 27, 2014

Mom is in Landing. We choose it because it is close to where she lives and she can stay in touch with her friends and family. She can't move to Texas with us because her insurance didn't transfer. We spent a week at Landing and we just got back yesterday. It is wonderful and we are very pleased. The staff is great and very accommodating. They have studios, one bedrooms and two bedrooms. My mom is in a studio, while we stay in the two bedrooms. However, none of them have kitchenettes. If you cook, you have to have a microwave. They have different kinds of activities. They have exercising in the morning and they have art classes and some kind of sport every afternoon. They have bingo and Wii bowling those sorts of things.

January 24, 2014

By Michael39

The Landing at Behrman Place is very nice and clean. It was her choice to move in that facility. The staff seems to be very capable. They have social activities, exercise classes, and outings. It's been very good and I have no complaints, so far.

September 21, 2013

By scarletini

We found Landing At Behrman Place for my father but he hasn't moved in yet. We're still waiting for him to decide and open his wallet so to speak. There isn't a waiting list but they did put an apartment aside for us. Their rate is the reason we chose this place and also because it is a very nice community. The residents there are very nice. The food is delicious. Overall, I just feel 100% comfortable that they would take care of my father there.

July 24, 2013

By Cheri D

The transition from living at home independently to an assisted living facility can be a rough time for a senior. Add to that the loss of a spouse and it becomes even more difficult. When we visited the Landing for my father-in-law our immediate impression was warm, friendly and welcoming. The staff interacts with the residents as if they are all one big happy family. The same staff members are at the facility as the day he moved in, which is so important for a senior to have the same people to interact with, because they know what the resident likes and can detect when the resident is not having a good day. The facility itself is impeccably decorated, and maintained. The meals are as if you were dining on a cruise ship, and there are activities for the residents to participate in. As you can tell I cannot say enough about the Landing, but I will add that when he moved in he was struggling with all the recent changes and loss in his life, and the staff starting with management took the time to embrace him and work through the huge adjustment and sense of loss he was experiencing.

Photos of The Landing at Behrman Place Retirement Community

Features of The Landing at Behrman Place Retirement Community

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Coffee Shop
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

About The Landing at Behrman Place Retirement Community

Nestled near the heart of the Big Easy just across the Mississippi River from downtown on the West Bank, Landing at Behrman Place is an all-inclusive retirement community offering independent senior living at an affordable price. We are centrally located near shopping centers, restaurants, parks and hospitals.

As a Sunshine Retirement Living Community, Landing at Behrman Place shares the same mission to be a preferred senior living provider through offering choice, value and independence to each of our valued residents.

Featured Amenities

To help enjoy an active retirement lifestyle, we plan a daily schedule of fun events and activities. These can range from on-site exercise classes in our fitness center to choir practice with our resident choral group to a poker tournament with friends and neighbors.

In between your daily activities, enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner in our community dining room. Meals are prepared by our very own chefs in our on-site kitchen using fresh, wholesome ingredients and are served in a convenient buffet-style.

Available Services

For one affordable monthly fee, you’ll enjoy a number of complimentary services and amenities as part of our all-inclusive lifestyle. Enjoy the convenience of paid utilities, cable television, home maintenance services, weekly housekeeping, linen changing and transportation to appointments and errands.

As a resident of Landing at Behrman Place, you have access to our exclusive travel program that lets you enjoy a “home away from home” at any of our 18 communities nationwide. You’ll enjoy the same great service you do at home while experiencing a new climate, culture and community.

Come to Landing at Behrman Place to experience some of the finest retirement living in the Crescent City.

Ask about our Sunshine Travel Program - Our unique travel program gives you the chance to explore 16 cities in 7 states. Have a Question, Concern or Comment? Welcome to your Sunshine Community, Meet Mr. Sunshine. Ask about our unique Sunshine Wellness Program

Map of The Landing at Behrman Place Retirement Community