Cypress Village

4600 Middleton Park Circle East, Jacksonville, FL, 32224

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Cypress Village

Brenda8 May 11, 2013

Cypress Village is very large and they have many ways of living there. They have apartments, private homes, villas, independent-living, Alzheimer's care, and a massive building for assisted living. It's a place you could live for the rest of your life. It has everything and it's like living in a resort. It's very beautiful. The staff was very friendly, and everybody was very nice. They spent as much time with us as we needed, answered as many questions, and stayed in contact afterwards too. It's so big; they have multiple things going on at one time, so you have a lot of choices. The thing that impressed us the most is that it's a place that my husband and I can move into, and never have to worry about it for the rest of our lives. You are cared for and automatically moved from one phase to another as needed. But, it's very expensive; the deposit and monthly rate are both high.

robell1987 September 12, 2012

Cypress Village was always one of the nicest retirement communities I've been around in Florida. Of course Florida is home to numerous retirement facilities being the retirement capital of the country. My Grandmothers friend lived here, his name was Otis, Otis's wife died recently when I visited him and my Grandmother was there checking on him. Of course Otis was sad but there was neighbors that were chatting with him also and it seemed like people did care for each other there. As far as the staff goes, I did not come in contact with any. Otis was old as the day is long but was still fiercely independent. The community also seemed extremely manicured, there was constant sprinklers going in the hot Floridan sun that seemed to almost vaporize the water as it exited the black plastic sprinkler heads there was also the seasonal influx of Canadian Geese that were walking around the front yards of the residents like they owned the place. Golf carts were also the main source of transportation for the residents it seemed and I can assure you this was a heavy North Eastern Conservative stronghold as well. My Grandmother and I spent about 2 hours with Otis before we were able to escape, It was mind numbingly boring there and very, very quiet. Which is the goal of the community I believe. Overall I try not to think about getting old too much but I wouldn't mind living in a place like this if the time ever came, not in Florida though. It's too damn hot down there, maybe Hawaii.

From Cypress Village

Cypress Village provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Location of Cypress Village