Divine Home Care Home Care

Overview of Ratings

4.7

January 29, 2013

By Lee2

My mother was under a conservatorship under Alameda county because of my brother. They chose Divine Home Care because their local for one thing. I think they do a fair amount of work for Alameda county. They're a very good company with good and caring people. We're very very happy with them. They kept us fully advised of any action of my mother's need as far as doctor's appointments or visits. Their caregivers were with us whenever we had to take my mother to the doctor. Valerie, who is like the supervisor met with us and the doctors at different times when we had concerns about my mother's mental stability.

January 29, 2013

I was in a rehabilitation situation in Alameda hospital. When I was being discharged, I don't think I was ready to take care of myself. They recommended Divine Home Care to me. As I recall, I talked to Barbara and she gave me information that sounded like what I wanted. I had them for a week for 24 hours a day and later on for 8 hours a day. I was pleased with everything that they did for me. The caregivers are very well trained and they took care of me. They made sure I was comfortable.

January 07, 2013

By Leslie5

Divine Home Care was recommended to us as one of the two options from the convalescent hospital that my parents were staying at. They definitely were open to our concerns in answering our questions. We had a very unique situation where both of my parents were very sick. They needed a lot of care. It was really important that the caregivers who came were knowledgeable and specific in the areas that we needed for my parents. So they really took time to work with us with that. I trained each of the caregivers individually. We probably had a 90% positive rate. They were a few that were sent out that I knew right away that weren't gonna be a good match. But I would say that 90% of the people that they sent us were wonderful. Scheduling was fine. They were very prompt. Towards the end, when things got challenging, we really needed to be on top them. Even then they communicated with us in a prompt manner all the time.

By Cheri3

I was extremely satisfied with Divine Home Care. We had two different caregivers for my mother. We had them about 7 hours a day. One caregiver worked during weekdays and the other one during the weekend. They were both very caring ladies and very dependable. They were always on time. They just did an excellent job. We were more than pleased. They just met my standards. Robin, the owner, and Barbara, the Community Liaison, were very caring women.

By Richard10

My father was at Washington Hospital and they had a service where they would refer several other companies. Divine Home Care was one of the companies I was referred to. I thought that Linda was a really nice person. She came to the hospital and met with my dad. They actually sat down and had an interview relating to my dad's personality and to find out what type of person would work out for him. She did a very thorough interview of my father to get a feel for his needs, which is good. We were not happy with the first person that they brought in but they were very responsive to our concerns. We went through a few of them and after a while they suggested for us to interview people. We invited a couple of caregivers to interview and meet with my dad to make sure that it was a good fit. It was fairly difficult at least for us to have an elderly person that has lived all his life by himself with mom to bring someone into the house at a very difficult situation. It's very difficult to find someone that fits and that your parent would be very happy with. I know my dad was picky. It didn't work out perfectly because we did have to go through a few people. But they were very responsive and understandable and kept trying different people until we finally found a couple of people that were really good.

By Maureen1

I did like Divine Home Care but we had one woman come that was upsetting and my mother in-law was afraid of her. We told Divine Home Care that we didn't want that woman to come anymore. The ones that we did have come were very good. I think they handled my problems quite well.

From Divine Home Care

Divine Home Care's goal is to assist you or your loved one live YOUR life, YOUR way in YOUR home. Choosing the right solution may seem overwhelming and stressful at times. Divine provides a complimentary, no-commitment assessment at a location and time of your choice.

Our assessment process is simple and easy. Our community liaison will sit down with you and your loved one to get a snapshot of your overall daily needs in order to help create a personalized plan of care.

Divine Home care provides customized options for your homecare needs ranging from hourly care visits to 24/7 care coverage. Our caregivers undergo an intensive in-depth screening process that allows us to provide the highest level of quality care.

What services does Divine Home Care provide?

• Hourly Care
  • 24-hour Care
  • Hospice Support Care
  • Rise and Shine Care (a.m.)
  • Tuck-in Care (p.m.)
  • Surgery Recovery Care
  • Spa Day Services (at home)

• Split Shifts
  • Sitter Care (in facility/hospital)
  • Cleaning Services/Home Preparation
  • Weekly Online Grocery Shopping
  • Transportation
  • If you don't see it here, just ask.

What type of care needs will Divine Home Care caregivers/personal attendants provide?

• Bathing
  • Client's Laundry
  • Escort to Medical Appointments
  • Assistance with Shopping & Errands
  • Transportation Services

What requirements are completed before a caregiver becomes part of the DHC Care Team?

• Background Check and Fingerprinting
  • Social Security Verification
  • Professional Reference Check
  • DMV Record Check
  • Work History Verification
  • Certification Verification
  • Internal Orientation Internal Orientation

Divine Home Care services the East Bay and Peninsula.

Caregiver Information

Caregiver Skills Include:

Ethics, Patient Transfers, Stress Management, Grief Issues, Family Communication, Communicating with Dementia Patients

Caregivers employed, bonded and insured: Yes

RN on staff: Yes

Caregivers available 24 hours a day: Yes

Available to assisted living facility: Yes

Photos of Divine Home Care