Reviews of Familiar Surroundings Home Care
Beth652681 December 30, 2016
I am a current client of this provider
We like all of the caregivers from Familiar Surrounding, who we've had for about two months. They are very professional and really caring with my father; however, there were a couple episodes with inconsistency on their part, like they would be a little late. That should be better managed. They help clean, feed, and change my father. The price is fine and comparable.
Lucky2Flutter November 22, 2016
I am a past client of this provider
We have used this company for about 3 years, for respite care of my 95 yr old mother-in-law. The caregivers who came initially were excellent, but the quality has gone down hill in the past year. Caregivers speak poor level of English, are incapable of supporting client (in transfer from bed to chair), and are not good at companionship duties.
From Familiar Surroundings Home Care
Family owned and operated, Familiar Surroundings Home Care was built on a philosophy that quality care begins with a trusted relationship between our clients and our company.
We are licensed by the California Department of Social Services, bonded and insured.
Types of Care
Features of Familiar Surroundings Home Care
- Full Service Agency
Range of services
- Companion Care
- Personal Care Assistants
- Range Of Services Extra Safety Home Assessments; Alzheimer's/Dementia Care; Veteran's Assistance; Outpatient Surgery Support; Hospice Assistance; Post Hospitalization Assistance; Assistance With Rehabilitation.
Types of care
- Transportation Yes
- Doctor Visit Companionship
- Light Housekeeping
- Transfer Assistance
- Dressing And Grooming
- Bathing And Toileting
- Walking Wheelchair Assistance
- Memory Care
- Meal Preparation
- Errand And Grocery Assistance
- Travel Details Staff Will Travel 30+ Miles To Provide Care
- In Person Interviews
- Reference Checks
- Driving Record Check
- Residency Confirmation
- Background Checks
- Drug Screening
- Continual Training
- Patient Transfers
- Stress Management
- Family Communication
- Transition Issues
- Memory Care Training
- Training Areas Extra Keeping Client's Active; Oral Care For Seniors; Care Of Stroke Client's; Food Safety; Hospice/Grieving; Dementia; Cooking Classes Specialty Diets, Elder Nutrition Needs; Home Safety And Fall Prevention; Parkinson's; Elder Abuse; Emergency Preparedness.
- Credit Card
- Payment Options Extra Veterans Assistance; Long Term Care Insurance
- Payroll Provided For Caregivers
- Bonded And Insured
- Licenses Home Care Organization License #434700019
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities