Home Care of Western New York

Contact Now

Reviews of Home Care of Western New York

Marcchioli May 13, 2014

Home Care of Western New York was our saving grace. My wife and I received couple's care until she passed away. Home Care of Western New York delivered high quality care that met many of our personal needs that we were not able to do and needed help doing because family members were busy at work and with our grandchildren. The caregiver cooked good meals and went shopping with us. They made us feel important and gave my daughter a break.

heymoe May 04, 2014

I hired HCWNY after several calls and interviews for my 76 yr old Mother, I am very pleased with Sue and her service. She laid out a care plan and started out doing the job herself to get a feel for my Mother's needs. From this she was able to pair a homecare person that was a great fit for my Mother. Now, Maryellen is helping my Mom, and is great with my Mom and great help around the house. My Mom cant wait to see Maryellen come to the house. Sue is a competent professional who was able to help me with other medical issues involving My Mother health. I am so glad I choose HOME CARE OF WESTERN NEW YORK.

scottbradleymusic December 09, 2013

We used Home Care of Western New York in order to care for my 85 year old mother who suffers from Parkinson’s. My sister who is usually her care giver went out of town and we needed to make sure mom was well cared for. Yes, we were very impressed with the quality of the services rendered in terms of cleanliness and safety. But I would like to emphasize one most important point: First and foremost, the staff at Home Care of Western New York treated my mom with respect. I have observed so-called care givers who treat clients like children or even like things. So it meant so very much to me to see my mom treated like a queen; with patience and deference. I would recommend Home Care of Western New York to my family and friends.

deweja03 November 14, 2013

The caregiver from Home care of western New York was great with my grandma. She helped with meal preparation and housekeeping when my grandma couldn't do it herself. She also kept her company when my mom nor I could be there. She was professional, kind, and a great conversationalist. We would definitely recommend Home Care of Western NY.

From Home Care of Western New York

Home Care of Western New York was created to be there for your loved one when you can't. Our caregivers understand that it is an honor and privilege to be entrusted with the care of your family member, which is why they are individually matched with the needs, personality and lifestyle of each client served.

Home Care of Western New York, LLC was started in recognition of the fact that many aging or disabled family members in our community want and need non-medical care to help them continue living safely and comfortably in their own home for as long as possible. Our compassionate care, respectful service and flexible approach is designed to meet that need. Some of the commonly requested areas that we can help people with are running errands, medication reminders, light house-keeping, meal preparation, laundry, pharmacy trips, grocery shopping, reading materials aloud as requested and assisting with social/recreational activities.

We greatly appreciate the honor, confidence and responsibility that accompany being entrusted with the companion care of your loved ones in their homes. To help each individual we care for maintain the highest possible level of independence, without compromising personal comfort and safety. We take pride in following vigilant screening, hiring and training procedures with every one of our companion care givers. We also take pride in paying our employees a higher wage than other home care agencies, so we can maintain our high standards for recruiting and matching the best possible companion care givers with each individual for whom we provide care.

Our company President, Susan Bennett, has a 28 year career history working in the capacity of senior management within the non-profit sector of Human Services. She received her Bachelor Degree from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington and has continued her education in the field nursing at the University of Rochester. Although Susan began her career in direct care and became a certified service coordinator; her career grew quickly to include directing multiple programs serving people with disabilities and seniors with memory care concerns and medically frailties.

We believe that a personal approach is better when it comes to care-giving. Either our company President or RN/Manager personally conducts each intake meeting in the client's home to discuss how companion care can best fit the individual needs and personal lifestyle of your family member and to help you establish an individualized service plan. We believe that keeping in personal contact with each client helps ensure the highest standards for care are achieved and maintained.

• Meal Planning and Preparation - We will make sure that your loved ones have healthy meals prepared, requiring little or no cooking on his/her part. We will work with you and your loved one to create healthy meals that meet their individual preference.
  • Medical Appointments, Shopping and Errands - Will be carried out in accordance with in home care services plan.
  • Companionship/Mental Stimulation - We will provide companionship to include such activities as playing your loved one's favorite games, read their favorite books, and have conversation about current events and/or their favorite things.
  • Light Housekeeping/Laundry - We provide light housekeeping such as cleaning counters, dishes/unloading and loading the dishwasher, cleaning up after meal preparation, vacuuming, dusting, laundry, bed changing, etc.
  • Medication Reminders - We will remind your loved ones that it's time to take his/her medication if this is required in the home care individualized services plan. We do not administer medication
  • Safety Assistance/Monitoring of Self Care Tasks - We can monitor your loved ones self care tasks as necessary.
  • Pet Care - We understand that having a pet can be an important part of promoting quality of life, so we offer pet care (for most traditional domestic pets) and taking animals to vet appointments among our available services. Please note that animals must be friendly, house trained and the owner must provide vet documentation to HCWNY that all vaccinations are current each year.

These are a sampling of services we can offer to your loved ones via our in home care services. Our registered nurse through her assessment will customize a plan that fits your loved ones needs and personality.

Home Care of Western New York is committed to paying all caregivers a Living Wage

Features of Home Care of Western New York

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care
  • Range of services extra: Travel companions, pet care, light house keeping, medication reminders, monitor personal care, meal preparation

Travel

• Travel: Staff will travel 15-30 miles to provide care

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We check driving records
  • We check credit history
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We require fingerprint-based background check
  • We require drug screenings
  • We check sexual offender databases

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Training Areas

• Patient Transfers
  • Stress Management
  • Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care
  • Ethics
  • Validation Techniques
  • Training areas extra: Universal precautions, important nutritional and health matters relating to assigned clients, meal preparation and food storage as pertains to care plans.

Payment options

• Insurance
  • Credit card
  • Check
  • Payment options extra: Third party payments, Cash

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Business Address