Reviews of Heritage Home Health Care LLC
Ethnicreallity October 27, 2016
I am a past client of this provider
From the beginning, Heritage staff have worked with me as an important part of the team, treating me well. I like the fact their employees are trained before they get to me. I would recommend this company to clients and others.
Thank you so much for your positive review. We work hard to make sure all our clients feel they’re in charge of their care and all our employees represent the mission and core values of our agency. We are happy to know you are satisfied with the care we are providing. We hope to see you during our holiday give away in two weeks.
From Heritage Home Health Care LLC
Heritage Home Health Care provides high quality and affordable care in the comfort of your own home. Our personal care attendants are compassionate, reliable, fully screened, bonded, employees of our agency with both liability and workers compensation insurance coverage.
We specialize in Alzheimer’s /dementia care and Diabetes care. All our caregivers are trained by University of Minnesota’s Collage of Direct Support. Courses include but not limited to, personal care, safety, supporting older adults, emergency preparedness, universal precaution (infection control), Ethics and confidentiality.
We also specialize in fall prevention. About one third of the elder population over the age of 65 falls each year, and the risk of falls increases proportionately with age. At 80 years, over half of seniors fall annually. Our first step to prevent a fall is to conduct a comprehensive home safety check with recommendations, to make sure the home our seniors live in is free from fall hazards. Second, we go over our comprehensive fall prevention questionnaire with a client and their families. Questions include but not limited to medications, exercise, diet, vision, diagnosis and history of previous falls to help us determine the level of risk for fall. As part of our commitment to keep our clients safe, we have partnered with ADT, the nation’s leader in home safety and security to provide three different options of emergency response system, to give our qualified clients additional coverage during the hours we are not providing services. Heritage Home Health Care will fully reimbu rse the total cost of the emergency response system every month to our qualified clients.
Three essential questions to ask – to ensure the company you choose has a strong set of core values:
1) Communication – Will I be able to easily communicate with the personal attendant and have continued access to my case manager? This is the core of our approach. We believe that you should never feel there is a lack of control or communication with your personal attendant. For this reason, you are assigned a case manager who is always available.
2) Integrity – Has a sense of trust been established? We believe this is the key to a comfortable relationship and the well-being of the client. That’s why we carefully screen all our personal attendants, are a member of professional home care organizations, and provide a written contract.
3) Performance – Am I confident I will get the professional care promised and that there will be accountability and follow up? Homecare is dynamic; a family’s needs can change daily. You chose homecare to allow your loved one to remain independent and retain their quality of life, not to endure more paperwork and problem solving. We make a simple promise: we will be there for your family. If you’re not satisfied, we will work with you until you are.
Contact us to discuss our variety of homecare options for every need and budget. There is no place like home!
Features of Heritage Home Health Care LLC
- Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)
Range of services
- Companion care
- Personal care assistants
Types of care
- Accompany clients to doctors' appointments
- Light housekeeping
- Dressing, grooming
- Bathing, toileting
- Memory care
- Meal preparation
- Errands & grocery shopping
- Travel: Staff will travel 30+ miles to provide care
- We interview every team member in person
- We check references
- We ensure that our team members are immunized for influenza, hepatitis b, tuberculosis, and other communicable diseases
- We confirm legal U.S. residency
- We require fingerprint-based background check
- Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training
- Family Communication
- Memory Care
- Validation Techniques
- Training areas extra: The aging process, supporting older adults, safety, fall prevention, Alzheimer's/dementia care, diabetes care, confidentiality
- Credit card
- We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers
- Our business is bonded and insured
7760 France Ave S., Suite 1100
Minneapolis, MN 55435
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities