Willow Valley Communities

600 Willow Valley Square, Lancaster, PA, 17602

Reviews of Willow Valley Communities

lovemygrandparents December 28, 2013

My Grandparents have lived at Willow Valley for just over 10 years. In the beginning, they were very happy there. Over the past few years, quite a bit has changed and I would NOT recommend this retirement community to family or friends anymore. Management is rude, disrespectful, and shares information regarding residents' personal and private interactions at the "home" without permission. I was told over the phone in significant detail behaviors of my grandparents that were none of my business when I called to follow up on some changes that had been made to the buildings/activities. The manager I spoke with actually told me she thought my grandparents were having financial troubles...my very proud grandfather would DIE if he knew someone suggested that of him. Grossly inappropriate. They had no idea who I was, and even if they did, should not have shared their negative opinions of my relatives. Also, there has been construction going on in one apartment wing for over a year. This means if you live in this wing, you've been living with noise, dirt, debris, etc for over a year. Finally, many of the activities that my grandparents participate in have been dissolved with no notice other than a note on the door saying the activity is no longer available. This is very hard on them when they have schedules/routines they've been sticking to for years. The dates the activities were scheduled to reopen have come and gone several times without explanation or apology. My grandparents are so unhappy there now, and I think it's such a shame to spend your last years feeling disrespected and talked down to by staff. Sadly, I would not recommend Willow Valley Retirement Community.

Angela7 November 29, 2013

I spent a night at Willow Valley and it was a great facility. It was beautiful and large. The fees were lower. The staff was very good and friendly. They were amenable and courteous. They had about five restaurants. They gave the opportunity for the people to rate the staff every single day, which I thought was interesting. They were prominent people from where they came from and they made it their job every night that somebody at the table would rate the people who waited on them that day.

Bonnie10 March 22, 2013

We enjoyed our visit in Willow Woods. The staff who gave us a tour was gracious and informative. However, the rooms that we could afford were small. It was not spacious enough for me and my husband. There were actvities like wood workings and swimming.

From Willow Valley Communities

Willow Valley Communities is one of the nation's top retirement destinations, attracting residents from 37 states. Located in charming Lancaster, PA, our continuing care retirement community (CCRC) is convenient to Philadelphia, New York, and Washington, DC.

Our Residents chose Willow Valley because of our reputation for excellence and long history--over 20 years--of prudent financial management. They value our Lifecare contract, designed to protect their financial assets, providing assisted living, skilled, and memory support care at no additional cost. The one-time entrance fee ranges from $71,200 to $416,200 and monthly fees start at $1,137.

Willow Valley has two campuses, each with a variety of Residences including villas, townhomes, and apartments. Choose from a variety of residences ranging in size from 700"“3,200 sq. ft., then personalize your new home at the Design Studio. Resort-style amenities include our 80,000 sq. ft. Cultural Center, 500-seat performing arts theater, and full-service spa.

Willow Valley Communities Features

Our Residents have formed over 100 clubs and groups and enjoy state-of-the-art amenities including our 80,000 sq. ft. Cultural Center, full-service spa, multiple Aquatic Centers and Fitness Centers and the conveniences of beauty and barber shops, pharmacies, etc. throughout the community.

Willow Valley Communities also feature the following: