Cypress Village | Continuing Care Retirement Community

4600 Middleton Park Circle East, Jacksonville, FL, 32224

Reviews of Cypress Village | Continuing Care Retirement Community

Virginia Ratliff May 22, 2016

When I lost my husband I moved to Jacksonville be near one of my daughters. I chose to come to Cypress Village and have been here two years. How pleased I have been! My fear was that I would find myself without meaningful activities, but instead, I have been as active and as satisfied as I was when I worked. professionally. I gave the gift to my children of taking care of myself for the long haul, and that same move has indeed been a gift to myself.

Rich Payeur May 20, 2016

I live at Cypress Village and it is a first class community!

BettySnyder May 20, 2016

Living at Cypress Village for five years has been a great experience, one that I never suspected could be available for a retired widow. I had always assumed I would live in a nursing home at the end of my life and not a beautiful two-bedroom condo overlooking a lake, where I get maid service, food served, and activities that keep me busy every day. My condo is the envy of my younger family and friends that visit and not having to cook and clean is high on everyone’s bucket list. There is a beautiful heated in-door pool available for exercise classes or just a nice swim; the exercise room is on a par with paid exercise facilities, and the team of employees available for various exercise sessions and training is exuberant and ready to help each of us. The ecumenical church service is available to all Residents and we have two ministers who live here and are, without a doubt, better than any minister I have encountered in all my years. Social clubs keep everyone busy with bridge, computer lessons, investing in scholarships for the employees, health and devotional speakers entertaining each of us daily. The CV buses are available all day for trips to Mayo Clinic, as well as local doctors and dentists and shopping centers. The Health Center is a big plus for Cypress Village residents. After a recent hospital stay, my doctor advised me to go to that facility. My three-week stay was amazing with helpful nursing staff and therapists constantly working with us to recuperate. Cypress Village is located in a lovely neighborhood and has individual homes available, as well as condos. It certainly deserves five stars.

Lovethevillage May 18, 2016

I am a resident of Cypress Village. I live in one of the many apartments located on this beautiful Florida campus. Living under one roof gives me nearly everything I need to carry on a care-free life. Choosing from five different entrees each day in the spacious dining room is always a pleasant experience. There’s the well-equipped exercise room with pleasant views overlooking the lake. Then there’s the pleasant walk around the lake with the anticipation of “What kind of wildlife will we see today?” I have found the residents, who come from quite a variety of vocational backgrounds, to be quite congenial, friendly and eager to be of help. The large variety of clubs, organizations and activities offered will keep one actively involved to the extent one wishes. I love the beauty of Florida, the warm winters, and if the summer gets too hot, we have air-conditioning and stay in! There is much more to add, but come visit, see for yourself.

Justine A May 18, 2016

I am a widow living at Cypress Village in Jacksonville, FL in an apartment. In three years here, I have made many friends and availed myself of the many amenities. Both residents and staff watch out for all of us; we care and support each other. The food is delicious. Although I am entitled to a meal a day in the lovely dining room or the Loon's Nest, I often have breakfast or lunch with friends here. The menu offers many good choices. Entertainment is enjoyable most evenings and clubs and games plentiful. I do enjoy living in this beautiful place. with my cat.

Lillian Gingrich May 17, 2016

I have lived here for 10 years and found it a wonderful place to live. The dining room and housekeeping and overall activities are well worth bragging about!

Susan Massey May 17, 2016

I moved into the independent living apartments 4 months ago although I'm not yet retired and I love it here. The building and grounds are lovely, the heated pool and exercise room are great, and the the food is delicious. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner! I would recommend Cypress Village to anyone considering a continuing care retirement community. The residents are welcoming and active, and the staff are caring and attentive. I feel at home here and can't wait to retire to take full advantage of the activities.

J66 May 17, 2016

Ten years as a resident at Cypress Village has been a tremendous experience! I can only offer the most positive comments concerning the dining room, house- keeping. and general offerings are certainly to brag about!!

satisfiedresident May 16, 2016

We have lived in the independent living apartments in Cypress Village for nearly five years. We are very satisfied with the quality of life we have; the pleasant surroundings, the delicious meals, the activities from bridge to line dancing to swimming and enjoying musical performances.

boutinrmm May 14, 2016

May 16, 2016 My wife and I have been calling Cypress Village in Jacksonville, Florida our home for over a year. At age 71, the move was to enjoy the life style of an active senior living community. It has exceeded my high expectations. The Brookdale management company continues to make major improvements to the campus, indicating that I made a very wise choice to call Cypress Village home. Mike Boutin

jrl-tn May 13, 2016

We have lived here for 3 years and love it. There is every option, from free standing houses, to duplex houses to apartments, all geared toward active, independent seniors. Later, if things change, there is assisted living, a health center, and dementia care. The campus is beautiful and the management and associates work hard to make life here good for all residents.

KAmador May 13, 2016

I visited this community while looking for a CCRC for my parents and it was beautiful. Cypress Village is our top choice based on health care services, amenities, activities and all the other services!

Vornado May 12, 2016

Beautiful property with a inviting and friendly staff! The food is wonderful and there are so many activities to take part in.

We love Cypress Village! May 12, 2016

My wife and I have lived in a home at Cypress Village for nearly ten years, and love it! Not only do we have a beautiful campus and a caring staff, but we have so many activities and things to do here. We have a large heated indoor pool, a putting green and a croquet court, an exercise room with the most up-to-date equipment,,game rooms, and much more. We have exercise classes with a certified trainer, Yoga, and Tai Chi. There are all kinds of clubs and resident organizations, including music, art, sewing, bridge, poker and canasta, etc, etc, etc. Cypress Village provides free transportation to shopping, restaurants, and even downtown to the Jacksonville Symphony and the Moran Theater. And we have entertainment here several times a month which is first class. Moving to Cypress Village was one of the best decisions we ever made!

cvres May 11, 2016

We have lived at Cypress Village for almost five years. Have found it to offer we want - a lovely apartment, a delicious meal each day, weekly cleaning and many activities to participate in (our calendar is full!), an indoor swimming pool, friendly and caring staff - all on a beautiful campus. And administration that listens to concerns and works to address them.

E November 25, 2015

Cypress Village was very nice, but the rooms were a little small for my taste. The staff was lovely, and everybody was very nice. They had aquacise, art activities, games, exercise, lectures, movie nights, and game nights, and transportation to take you to doctors, hospitals, and malls.

Caring111504750 August 08, 2015

I visited Cypress Village. Everything was great. They did they job in showing me around. They explained it very well. The called to see if we had any questions later. It was nice, but it was expensive. What they showed us was very clean.

George110684150 July 29, 2015

We visited Cypress Village, and it was very nice. I guess the thing we liked the best about it was the location. It is very close to the Mayo Clinic where my wife goes. The staff was very nice, and they seemed to be very happy working there. The sanitation was wonderful. It was very well maintained. The dining area was outstanding, and the food was wonderful. We spoke to some of the residents, and they were very happy living there.

Ed37 July 21, 2015

I visited Cypress Village. Everything looked very nice. I'm impressed with the sales person. They took us on a tour. We looked at homes and some of the residents in the apartment complex. We had lunch there, and the food wasn't bad.

Michael A May 21, 2015

Great property! Beautiful homes, apartments, skilled nursing and assisted living/memory care facilities. My mother and father are so happy to be living at Cypress Village. It is more like a "senior living resort". Totally worth the money!!!

Caring106803850 May 15, 2015

Cypress Village is a very nice community. It's a huge establishment, with a lot of houses that people can buy and have title to it. There are independent apartments that you can rent, and they maintain them for you. They also have a multi-story apartment that you can rent, but they ask for a deposit. They have all kinds of activities like trips to the doctor and shopping, they bring in speakers, and they go out to the zoo and the museum. It's right next door to Mayo Clinic. They have everything that one could ask for -- exercise room, swimming pool, lake with a walkway around, a lot of trees and everything. They even have those golf carts -- which you can own one to get around -- because it's a large place. They have 30 different clubs, i.e., woodworking club and book club. The menu looked very good. If you can afford it, I would recommend it.

loving daughter JC April 28, 2015

BUYERS BEWARE! My mother moved into an apartment here over 10 years ago, before Brookdale took over. For the most part, she was happy until her final months there last year. Brookdale requires a non-refundable entrance fee (they call it a "community fee") of between $1500 and $3000, and you are only guaranteed a refund of 75% of your buy-in cost upon departure, which they can wait one full year to send you. And since this purchase money can be used for assisted living at their facility, they have an added incentive to keep your loved one there as long as possible -- I found this out when they diagnosed mom with dementia to get her moved to their pricey Memory Unit (I later discovered in medical records that her so-called dementia was due to dehydration while under the care of their Health Center!) I have since visited a number of facilities that are non-profit, do NOT charge entrance fees and give back between 90% and 100% of your original purchase price! Brookdale is all about the bottom line, so look before you leap into ANY Brookdale property.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. Please be assured that we are passionately committed to serving our residents, and their health and well-being is our top priority. We hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

Caring103510750 December 28, 2014

My mom is at Cypress Village. They provide a lot of personalized care for the individuals that are there at a price though. My mother has total care right now. She is almost at a skilled nursing level, but they are trying to rehab her to get her back, so that she can get up and move around. They have an exceptional memory care program for people with dementia and Alzheimer's. People there are very sweet, nurturing, and caring to the patients. So far, my mother has enjoyed the experience that she has there. I would recommend this place. What they could improve on is the interaction with the family regarding care and to have the family more involved in the actual day-to-day care.

Caring98143850 November 22, 2014

We went to Cypress Village. It was very good. We stayed there overnight. We were very nicely treated. We looked at everything, and they showed us everything. It was very good. The staff was extremely helpful. It could not have been better. I was quite impressed with this place. I definitely think maintenance and security were good. The dining area was also very good. Everything was excellent. We like it very much. All the places we visited all have activities, but this one has a little bit more. They have indoor swimming pool. The only thing is what it costs and what you're getting for your money. I think it is a little bit expensive. I would say it is not for everyone.

Franklin2 November 15, 2014

We had a great experience when we visited Cypress Village. They showed us everything and told us what it would cost and all, but we turned down that one right away because they wanted a buy in, and they wanted about $100,000.00 just to start. The rooms weren't spacious, but they were clean. It was adequate. They also had houses with garages, and that looked like a pretty good deal. The lady who showed us around was very friendly.

Jacqueline W. October 28, 2014

My mother was a resident here for over 11 years, before Brookdale took over the ownership. But that's when her rent began to be raised yearly and many existing services were cut. Even though Mother paid over $80,000 for her one-bedroom apartment, she was still required to pay rent (over $2000 in 2014), which only covered maintenance and some bi-weekly cleaning of the apartment as well as one dinner a night. She was promised that if/when she needed Assisted Living in the future, her purchase price would be used to pay for it. But what we failed to realize was that this gave CV a very tempting incentive to keep mother at their facility until her money ran out. And had she not died last March, her money would have lasted only 14 short months in the Memory Unit they wanted to put her in. We put a $7000 deposit down on that Unit, but mother was never in it; yet CV has refused to refund all of our money, claiming that her furnishings were in the room for 9 days and that gave them they right to keep our money for those days. But we only gave that good-faith deposit based on the recommendation from their medical staff that mother could benefit from the Unit, only to find out at the hospital that she had been dying for months; no one at CV had even mentioned that possibility! So be wary of this incentive; I would now choose to go elsewhere, especially someplace that doesn't charge the outrageous "community fee" for just moving in!

caring8763 October 03, 2014

I did go to Cypress Village, and they were wonderful. The staff was very accommodating. We had lunch there, and it was very nice. The rooms were really nice.

Paul44 September 23, 2014

Cypress Village was great. It was a nice place. It’s more or less a high-rise setup, I think 6 or 7 towers. This place has 4 banks of elevators in different parts of the structure. You’re always very near the elevator, so you don’t have to do very long walks in hallways, which is a sort of a plus to being in a high-rise. It’s on a lake. It’s very attractive. They’re really in an OK position; they’re only 10 – 15 miles from the Atlantic Ocean. I spent 2 days and nights there. I actually felt I was in a great hotel. It didn’t seem like a senior living center. I ate meals in the restaurant. They had a bar there and everything. It’s just about everything you could want. They’re having a big sale this month. Unfortunately, the timing is off for me. The staff was very knowledgeable. The people seemed fairly happy. They also have homes, but I didn’t look into that. The senior citizens are buying these homes, and they’re really expensive. What I looked at was a tower: nice view, well built, and 25 years old, but it’s been continually modernized. I had very good experiences there.

gil0338 June 30, 2014

Cypress Village is a five star place. You name it, they have it, and of course, their location that is next to the Mayo Clinic is outstanding. The room that I was in was actually like a house. It had two bedrooms, a formal dining room, a living room, a circular balcony, and a huge kitchen; it was a house. And then, they also have small houses that are not in the tower, and the one I described is in the tower. If you want to be in a facility like that, the only thing I would say would be that it's just a little formal; the men have to wear jackets for dinner. They give you everything; it's really an outstanding place. The dining area is very large, very nice; it's elegant. It's beyond anything that I have seen. The sanitation is top-notch; you see people constantly roaming and cleaning; it is like staying in a five-star hotel, the last time I was there. It's a little dated, but it is dated more to the clientele that are there; their generation, their era, so I imagine they change it as time progresses. I didn't see anything negative there and the people who live there are highly educated; very, very rich. So I wouldn't perceive that they would live anywhere else, but there.

sfalcon64 June 22, 2014

My mother was at this facility for almost 3 months.Its very nice and well maintained.They also have activities for the residents to do.Playing bingo and even winning a Prize!Pretty Awesome!Also,having a shuttle to get you and the patient to the doctor appointment is very helpful when they are in a wheel chair. However,with all things there usually are some down falls. CNA, making patients wait extend amount of time to be checked on because they are understaffed.Call lights were out for almost 3 weeks and to use a hotel bell to get service from CNA.My mother, being as frail and weak as she was couldn't get out of bed to go to the bathroom and needed help. Sometimes she would call me at home to say she couldn't get any help.Any then, I would have to all up to the nurses station.If I had to do this, it was not going to be a nice call.They do have a great Rehab facility that my mother was able to get the help that she needed.As always.. make sure the aids do not get accustomed to you coming at a certain time every day, ask for recent lab reports to see what they are doing for your family member as they will not openly just tell you. You must be pro-active!

Caring84205350 May 31, 2014

My aunt has been living at Cypress Village a long time, and we were able to work out a deal. They’re providing the services that we need at the present time. They’re doing great, and they’ve done a good job in making sure she's taken care of. The staff is outstanding. The place is very clean, nice, and upscale. Everything is good.

Sylvia14 May 29, 2014

I visited a friend who is a resident of Cypress Village. It was an excellent facility. Everybody was very friendly. It was absolutely clean. It did not smell. There was no bad smell at all; it’s very fresh. The dining room was very well organized and clean. I was impressed.

Caring81479150 March 31, 2014

We are staying here in Cypress Village. It is right next to Mayo Clinic. We have our own private home here with all the amenities that we require. We don't use their dining area. We chose it because it is very close to where we were living at that time. We have also used their rehab section here on several occasions; that's how I got to know of the place. There are activities here, but because my wife is blind, we don't join them. They also have a high-rise. They have everything. They have independent, assisted, and memory care. It is a first-class facility, and I will recommend it to anyone

Caring81232950 March 28, 2014

I like the location of Cypress Village because it was very close to the Mayo Hospital. The apartments had more light, and it was much better maintained. The people were just as nice, and the staff were very informative. They also had a bank, and I would say that their activities were probably a little more on the upper scale.

Caring74180250 December 27, 2013

Cypress Village is part of Brookdale Community. The facility is fairly close to the beach. It was very nice. We didn't get to see everything because it was a quite large facility. The staff, however, was attentive and very helpful. Their rooms were very spacious. I would absolutely recommend this facility to others.

Caring73832450 November 27, 2013

The best assisted living facility in Jacksonville is Cypress Village – that would be my take. The facility is better than every place else. I'd say it’s like being in a very nice hotel. If anybody is looking for that, this is the place that they would send them. But maybe they could charge less with regards to the price as this is the most expensive place too. Although one thing that they do that some of the other facilities don't is that they provide an all-inclusive fee.

Caring70839750 October 30, 2013

Cypress Village has both independent and assisted living facilities. I came across them through internet search. The location was probably the best thing about it because they were right next to the Mayo Clinic. If anybody needed to be in a medical facility, the hospital is right next to the facility. That was actually what drew me to it. They have beautiful views from a lot of their apartments. This was actually what I like best. Their staff was helpful. They showed us several options for apartments and went over with us financial things. Any questions we have, they were helpful and nice. Their apartments were okay; however, they're remodeling stuff so we had to go into a bunch of apartments that weren't remodeled yet. They looked disgusting and horrible. If they would have had more apartments to show us that were finished and updated, I would have thought about going back there. It would have been better if they would have shown us some nicer apartments. I did see their activities but they weren't enough to leave an impression in my mind. They showed us like a list of stuff that they offer but it wasn't that different or special from what others offer.

Angelina2 September 23, 2013

It was a lovely facility and it's on our list of places to consider if we wanted to retire or move there. Everybody was very gracious. We knew several people who were and everyone loves it.

Brenda8 May 11, 2013

Cypress Village is very large and they have many ways of living there. They have apartments, private homes, villas, independent-living, Alzheimer's care, and a massive building for assisted living. It's a place you could live for the rest of your life. It has everything and it's like living in a resort. It's very beautiful. The staff was very friendly, and everybody was very nice. They spent as much time with us as we needed, answered as many questions, and stayed in contact afterwards too. It's so big; they have multiple things going on at one time, so you have a lot of choices. The thing that impressed us the most is that it's a place that my husband and I can move into, and never have to worry about it for the rest of our lives. You are cared for and automatically moved from one phase to another as needed. But, it's very expensive; the deposit and monthly rate are both high.

robell1987 September 12, 2012

Cypress Village was always one of the nicest retirement communities I've been around in Florida. Of course Florida is home to numerous retirement facilities being the retirement capital of the country. My Grandmothers friend lived here, his name was Otis, Otis's wife died recently when I visited him and my Grandmother was there checking on him. Of course Otis was sad but there was neighbors that were chatting with him also and it seemed like people did care for each other there. As far as the staff goes, I did not come in contact with any. Otis was old as the day is long but was still fiercely independent. The community also seemed extremely manicured, there was constant sprinklers going in the hot Floridan sun that seemed to almost vaporize the water as it exited the black plastic sprinkler heads there was also the seasonal influx of Canadian Geese that were walking around the front yards of the residents like they owned the place. Golf carts were also the main source of transportation for the residents it seemed and I can assure you this was a heavy North Eastern Conservative stronghold as well. My Grandmother and I spent about 2 hours with Otis before we were able to escape, It was mind numbingly boring there and very, very quiet. Which is the goal of the community I believe. Overall I try not to think about getting old too much but I wouldn't mind living in a place like this if the time ever came, not in Florida though. It's too damn hot down there, maybe Hawaii.

Judy1 June 05, 2012

We are interested in this place because its neighbor is the Mayo clinic where we go to for our medical needs. The buildings as well as the grounds are beautiful. We are planning to buy and move in to one of their houses. They provided us with brochures and information when we toured the place. We will be back here next week for a longer visit. It's just a lovely place, I can't think of anything this facility needs to improve.

April2 April 28, 2012

Cypress Village senior facility is a great senior residence if you are living in the state of Florida. If you are just looking for a senior community to live in or you need care and assistance they have a great option for you. My aunt has been a resident there for three years since she had a stroke and could not really live on her own but did not need a nursing home. The facility is big and beautiful but they make it feel like a real community. It is great that the weather is so nice that the residents get to go out and tour the grounds and go on other field trips with the care givers. The staff that I have met are all excellent and my aunt is always saying nice things about them. They don't let them get bored and the residents that have more medical problems get the care that they need. My aunt has made a lot of great friends at this facility. They make all the guests and the residents feel important and wanted. I know this facility is a little expensive but if you can afford it it is worth looking into. I have eaten several times there and the food is great as well. My aunt also loves the cooking and how clean the main shared areas are. The private rooms and apartments are very spacious and it is a great place to live.

AroundCharleston April 18, 2012

One of the nicest things about this facility is its central location. Within 20 minutes you can be anywhere in Jacksonville, including downtown or the beaches. The staff is friendly and courteous, and they made our registration process a breeze. This seemed like an older facility, but the grounds were well-maintained and we have had no complaints so far. The amenities seem somewhat limited and not necessarily geared towards more active seniors, but there are many entertainment options available within a short drive. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this facility to anyone else in our position, but given the large number of other options in Jacksonville, you should definitely do your research.

kpopov8185 November 17, 2011

I brought my 80 year old father into this facility for temporary rehab after a 6 week hospital stay. I chose this facility because of it's proximity to the Mayo Clinic and I've heard nothing but wonderful comments. We had only been shown to his room which was not clean and the metal frame of the window was bent from someone trying to break in. There was also lizard dung on the window sill which was upsetting. There was very old indoor/outdoor carpet on the floor, a musty smell, and a big spider dangling in the bathroom mirror with a nice big web. We were asked to sit in the room and wait until someone could come and do the Intake process with us. It was a holiday weekend. My parents and I sat there, my Dad in a wheelchair. After a couple of hours with no one coming in at all, I stood out in the hallway to watch what was happening. An aide was pulling a large, plastic ice chest from room to room, filling peoples water glasses in their rooms with ice, using her bare hands. She was a young girl with greasy, unclean hair and very short fingernails, like she bites her nails. She was as pleasant and friendly as could be, but I was alarmed with her using her bare hands to fill the glasses of the seniors and wouldn't accept anything for my Dad from her. When I inquired at the nurses station how much longer it would be, they apologized but said they're understaffed, it's a holiday weekend and for me to just be patient. when we first arrived, there was a hallway full of senior residents in wheelchairs. It was difficult to navigate past them. they were all waiting to get into the tiny dining area to eat. We had been there for more than 2 hours and the same people were there when we first arrived, still had not been taken into the room to eat. I went for a stroll through the facility and found a lovely dining room upstairs but it was empty, no one was in there. They were instead trying to cram as many people into this tiny eating area but no one was helping them. I waited for another 2 hours without anyone ever coming to help us, and unfortunately, the same senior residents still had not eaten and were still blocking the hall in their wheelchairs. I went to the nurses station and said I had seen enough - - they obviously didn't have enough help and this was not the type of place I would leave my father for a couple hours, let alone a week or so.

Michael F. November 10, 2011

Cypress Village is amazing. I got to spend time with my client on the balcony that overlooked a very nice gazebo on a lakefront - and when I took him to get his lunch in the dining room, I saw the most amazing dining room that I have ever seen in an elderly-care facility. The client had no complaints about the facility, and although I only visited a few while in Jacksonville this spring, this one most definitely left a lasting impression. Not to mention, it was only a short drive to the beach. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone in the Jax Beaches / Northeast Florida area.

TherapyWorks August 17, 2011

This place really makes you feel like you're on vacation at a five star resort. The amazing staff which is into the hundreds, provides every desire and need. Want to golf or go to the beach? No problem such activities as these are easily accessible to the many residence. Spas , pool time and fine dining company a lot of the residence time here. While visiting I can honestly say that I didn't want to leave; I felt like I was on vacation.

From Cypress Village

Cypress Village provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Features of Cypress Village