Reviews of Wesleyan Village Independent Living
Marilyn111720150 January 13, 2016
I am a friend or relative of a resident
My mother is in Wesleyan Village. It is a continuum of care, and it will take you from assisted living through end of days. The people there are very nice. My mother is very happy there, and the residents seem very happy there. Everyone I talk to have a very good and positive thing to say, and it very reassuring to know that it has very positive feedback from everyone I search about it. The entertainment is very nice. They bring in classical pianist and cellist. So, the entertainment level is better than the average. We are just really happy to where she is at. The food is very good. In fact, when I go there, I love to go to the restaurant. It is like a fancy restaurant or you can go to the cafe. I also go the salad bars and they have a fruit bar that I love where they have all these beautiful raspberries, blackberries and blueberries fresh that you can put into your yogurt. They have wonderful food. They have movie nights, crafts and a wood shop. They have a lot of activities. My mom is like, "I'm going here with so and so" or "We are gonna go to movie nights" or "We are gonna go down to the art room." You can see things in their store there that are made by the residents. It is a big place. They even have a pool to do the water exercises. The physical therapy room is nice, and the girl that they have there is really nice.
From Wesleyan Village Independent Living
Welcome to Wesleyan Senior Living
As a not-for-profit organization, we’re focused on your needs and making life easier and more rewarding. At a Wesleyan Senior Living community, each day brings new opportunities to learn, play and pursue your interests, connect with others and make new friends. Even the fees you pay are invested back into the services and amenities you use every day. At Wesleyan Senior Living, we truly care about you.
Wesleyan Village Assisted Living, our senior community in Elyria, is a great choice for convenience, wellness and maintenance-free living. Residents can enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner, regular housekeeping, access to timesaving amenities such as postal services, on-site banking and a hair salon. Some plans include all utilities and basic cable services. Retirement living as it’s meant to be, stress-free!
- Swim in our pool and enjoy a soothing soak in our whirlpool
- Take exercise classes
- Indulge you creative side with arts and crafts
- Have your hair styled in our Salon
- Participate in spiritual activities in our Chapel
- Attend social, cultural and educational programs, on campus and away
- Join neighbors for a game of cards, a cup of coffee, or engaging conversation
Beacon House offers specialized Memory Care. When a loved one suffers from Alzheimer’s, dementia or other memory loss issues, the entire family is affected. Based in a collaborative care model, Wesleyan Senior Living’s Memory Care program promotes holistic wellness, for our residents AND their families. We bring together gerontologists, doctors and nurses, case managers and other professional staff to create a care plan individually tailored for our senior resident.
Our Memory Care residents live in safe, stimulating comfort with familiar living areas and compassionate, collaborative, staff.
Along with everyday care, Wesleyan’s specially trained staff encourages each resident to explore, learn and grow in their own way. Family and friends become part of the community as well.
Family, friends and residents participate in a variety of individual and group activities. Activities such as cooking, music appreciation, reading, exercising and reminiscing provide enjoyable diversions but also help to preserve independence and social connections.
- Private or shared accommodations
- Safe, comfortable, secure living space
- Access to garden courtyard with walking paths
- Nutritious and appetizing family-style meals
- Housekeeping and laundry services included
- Specially designed social, community and cultural activities
- Aquarium, aviary and pet therapy
- Personalized assistance, including help with medication, dressing and bathing, depending on each individual’s needs
- Fully licensed, 24-hour staff
Wesleyan Meadows is part of the Wesleyan Senior Living Continuing Care Community and shares their passion for healthy living. Wesleyan Village is a partner of Masterpiece Living® so both campuses take advantage of this culture and methodology for successful aging.
The end result is a group of healthy and vibrant individuals that are statistically better prepared to reduce the 12 Risk Factors of Aging as identified by the Mayo Clinic. Through a self-paced and results-oriented curriculum, participants in Masterpiece Living experience increases in social interaction, self-awareness, a greater sense of purpose and higher states of physical and mental conditioning.
The Community Center offers a variety of amenities and opportunities to participate in on-site wellness and creative activities. Residents of Wesleyan Meadows also enjoy full access to the amenities of Wesleyan Village. Make new friends, entertain family, relax in the Meadows’ glorious grounds. Active, independent seniors will find this retirement community fits the bill in every way.
- Attend a special event in the Sheffield Room
- Build something in our Woodshop
- Exercise in our Fitness Room
- Enjoy arts and crafts
- Play cards and games in our Game Room
- Peruse the Library
- Participate in spiritual activities
- Take a day trip to a Cleveland museum, concert or sporting event
- Catch up with friends at the afternoon Coffee Klatch in the Community Center
Feel free to call our offices to answer any of your questions, to schedule a tour or discuss financial assistance programs. We welcome an opportunity to assist you.
What Makes Us Special
We’re focused on your needs and making life easier and more rewarding. At a Wesleyan Senior Living community, each day brings new opportunities to learn, play and pursue your interests, connect with others and make new friends. At Wesleyan Senior Living, we truly care about you
Features of Wesleyan Village Independent Living
Technology and entertainment
- Cable TV in resident's rooms
- Internet in residents' rooms
- Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas
- Medication Management
- Skilled nursing
- Physical therapy
- 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses
- Hospice care
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- Studio apartments
- Companion suites: We offer companion suites
- Beauty/Barber shop
- Computer room
- General store
- Hiking trails
- TV room
- Gardens/outside patio
- Parking for residents
- 24-hour security gate
- Transportation for residents (shuttle bus or similar)
- Coffee shop
- Shared space where residents can host parties
- Arts, woodworking, craft
- Organized offsite activities (outings, etc)
- Religious services
- Lectures and discussions
- Guests can attend meals
- Laundry service for clothes
- Laundry service for linens
- Private services
- We charge an entry fee
- Minimum rate: $1,700/month
- Meals in a shared dining room
- Pets: Small pets allowed
- Minimum age: 55
- We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
- We help families understand VA benefits
Location of Wesleyan Village Independent Living
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities