Wildewood Downs

731 Polo Road, Columbia, SC, 29223

Reviews of Wildewood Downs

ET154 April 14, 2013

Wildewood Downs is a very nice and very clean facility. It seemed to fit our needs, and it was also closer to my grandmother's home. She gets her hair done, they go to church, and they have all other kinds of activities. The staff is very good and they seem to be doing a good job. But they could use more help. I would still recommend them to others.

raw67 November 19, 2011

The facility was very good and they served good food. They seemed to experience a high turn-over with their personnel, so the quality of care was inconsistent. My mother was there for app 6 weeks and I visited everyday. During that time a intestinal virus circulated thru the entire facility to include frequent visitors (like me) which caused me to miss work for several days. They were very quick to discharge my mother once Medicare reached it limit.

Shannon1 October 24, 2011

Wildewood Downs is an extraordinary option for senior living. The community provides all levels of healthcare including: independent living, assisted living, rehabilitation services, care for Alzheimer and dementia patients and 24 hour nursing care. The campus consists of modern, elegant homes and apartments and a nursing facility. The environment of the facility is warm, friendly, and compassionate. The staff meets the needs and expectations of the residents exceedingly, and cares for each patient as if they are their own parents and relatives. Skilled nurses and physicians are on site and available 24 hours a day. Recreation is also provided to keep the residents busy during the day and evening. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is served three times a day, and independent residents have the option of cooking for themselves in their own homes. Residents are able to be cared for and monitored without inconveniencing their families in any way. Their families gain a peace of mind knowing that their loved ones are in good hands. Families of the residents are always welcome and are encouraged to participate in the planning of the residents' care and rehabilitation.

anonymousll June 09, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

As a member of the Wildewood Downs extended family I would like to share my experiences and personal notes. I needed to find an assisted living facility for my mother, who needed help with bathing and meds.

I knew she would not be happy unless we could locate a setting where she would be encouraged to be as independent as possible and luckily we discovered Wildewood Downs.

The property is in the beautiful, northeastern region of Columbia, SC and is only a 90 minute drive from my home in Aiken. This is a wonderful area of the city and I never have had to wonder about my mother's safety and security.

Now my mom has the personal help she needs on a daily basis, and she still maintains an active and involved life. The grounds are absolutely stunning and at every visit I am greeted by happy residents and friendly staff members. This is why I consider myself to be a member of this senior community. I always feel at home when I am visiting.

I can not say enough about the care and dedication of the staff. On one occasion my mother had fallen and I was quickly notified even though she had not been injured. One of the caregivers updates our family on a regular basis which is also very much appreciated. This keeps us in the loop so we always know how our mom is doing.

The facility is sparkling clean and reminds me of an elegant county club. With lots of activities, the freedom to travel and on-call emergency assistance always available my mother is content and happy. This makes everyone else in our family happy and content as well.

About Wildewood Downs

Wildewood Downs is a continuing care retirement community in Columbia, SC that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact Wildewood Downs for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Location of Wildewood Downs