Atria Collwood

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Atria Collwood

April 17, 2015

By Dawn27

The staff was very attentive at Atria Collwood. The room that I saw and the dining room seemed very nice. What impressed me the most was the executive director’s relationship with the residents. They seemed to adore the executive director. There was a very loving relationship between them.

February 10, 2015

The rooms there at Atria are small, but it is affordable. The staff is marvelous. I did not eat lunch there, but I really enjoyed my visit. They have a lot of activities going on like bingo. They have a beautiful library. It was just gorgeous. The people were very friendly. The dining room is nice, they gave me a menu to look at, and it was nice as well. I think the nicest thing about there is that you can get breakfast at 2 o'clock in the afternoon if you slept that day. They couldn't improve on the size of their rooms, but that would be nice if they could.

December 20, 2014

By Corinthia1

The prices were too much out of our range at Atria Collwood. It was a very nice place, and my mother would have liked it. It had a one-bedroom kind of like a studio with a bathroom in it, which was nice. The people seemed to be really friendly there. I really liked it, but I just can't afford it. We had just seen the library. They had a game room, a nice dining room, and a nice garden. The people that work there impressed me the most. They were very friendly, and they all would speak to us. I like the outgoing people that were there. I wish they were cheaper.

September 10, 2014

They put me in a facility called Atria. I've been here for 10 days, and I am learning how to live that way. One of the things that turned me on was the quality of the food and the cleanliness of the place. They have a brand new chef from the Culinary Institute of America, and I am impressed by him. I think that they're doing a great job. They also have a new executive director who has only been here a week. I have my own little studio, which I decorated with things from home. I've done the best I can with some slight pieces. We've made a little office here and a little sitting room. I have a garden and a picket fence. They have all the activities for people here. They have a library, an activity room, and a card room. They have a bistro where they have coffee, tea, sodas, sandwiches, and cookies all day and all night. The staff is excellent and very caring. They all wear badges that tell how many years they've been there, and it's 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12. All I know is I sleep well. I would recommend this to everybody to look at. It's an excellent company. It has a great reputation, it is strong financially, and it's one that's worth thinking about.

August 30, 2014

By Faith5

I went and looked at Atria and it was great. The pricing was good. The staff was wonderful. Everybody really acted like they loved their job and they really acted like they like hanging out with those old people. They had some nice people there, all the way from the waitress staff to the cook. Even when we went to check out the facility, although the cook was off duty, they didn't even go home, they were just talking to each other and trying to plan tomorrow's menu. It was really refreshing. I knew that they would do everything for you, like they would do your laundry and they would feed you. I liked everything about it. They were the best and I would definitely put my mom there, except she came from a 5,000 square feet house and the rooms were 210 square feet. Speaking of the studio, it was one tiny hotel room and you can't even put an extra chair or a refrigerator in there. There was a little closet and a little dresser, but there was no kitchen. You had a bed and a shower. You could hang out with other people outside because there was a big area. That's my only complaint. However, if you wanted to buy a double room, it was $4,000 and you could have another sitting room, I guess, but if you were trying to stay within your means, you wouldn't want to do it double.

July 07, 2014

By kathleen4452

Atria was very nice looking, very homey, and smelled nice. The Atria experience for my mom was good; she was there for more than a month before she passed away. They allowed my mom in at a special rate. The medical attendant’s care was very good. They took care of my mom around the clock. They also moved her to a new room closest to the nurse station at no additional cost. They have a chef, so the food was very good, and the dining facility almost looks like a restaurant. Almost all of the rooms were studios, and they have one room with a closet and separate bath with shower only. There is another kind of room that has a living room suite and a bedroom, but they are the expensive ones.

June 10, 2014

By Jan33

Atria was extremely friendly, and the cleanliness was above average. The food was excellent. All their activities were easy to get to and fit into. It was easy to get around the place. She has a room with a bathroom and a closet. Her room on the ground floor walks right out to a large garden. My cousin chose Atria because when she walked in, the people living and working there talked to her, and this was what she needed. The staff is very accommodating. If you have questions, they walk you through it or talk to you, and if they don't have the time, they refer you to somebody else. My cousin is happy there.

May 30, 2014

By John76120150

Atria Collwood is where we decided to put my mother. We find it quite adequate. There seems to be a very good staff to resident ratio. It seems some of the staff almost live there. My mother's care seems to be quite professional. She's getting medical assistance in terms of taking the medications on time. She seems to be very good. My sister, who is involved in my mother's care, has no complaints whatsoever.

May 21, 2014

I like Atria Collwood the best. I visited the facility, and it appeared to be clean. I like the flexible dining schedule. The room sizes were large, and the parking was accessible. What I looked at there were two-bedroom studios that were connected by a door, and the other facilities that I saw didn’t have anything like that. That would be very suitable for my mother and father. The staff are very friendly. I like that they have flexible meal hours. Their dining is always open, and my parents like that.

May 12, 2013

By Connie19

The Atria Collwood is more of a home-like atmosphere, and they cater to all levels of care. They have a really nice dining room where the residents can order off a menu; they don't have to eat what's given to them. It's very clean, and the staff is just wonderful. They are very helpful, friendly, and unbelievably very nice to the patients. They're actually the best thing about this facility. My mom's been there for about a year and a half now.

October 12, 2012

By gizman123

MY girl friend Hawa used to work at Atria senior assisting facility in San Diego, ca and One day I visited the Assisting residence. I was very much excited by the location, building, the dining hall, and the rooms. On my visit time she introduced me to some of the residents whom she took care and almost all were happy and loved the place. They live in private rooms which are big enough and some share with other. There are sympathetic and kind care givers who assisted them based on their needs. They got good meals, assistance based on their need: shower, tooth brushing etc. Some of the patients are Alzheimer's disease and don't remember what they eat for lunch or whom they met and some of them for worse they don't have long term memory. Some of the care givers told me how hard it is to take care of seniors with amentia who have lost their memory and live with medication. They give assistance to seniors 24 hours seven days a week. My girl friend loves the place and the community and was happy to give assistance to them. I admired my girl friend other staff members how they are dedicated on assisting the baby boomers who were once played the pivotal role on building the nation. Their service is more than the price they ask. I saw some of the seniors playing card, laughing and watching TV and some others doing minor work outs. I advice if anyone has his loved ones who need assistance to refer them to Atria which is located in a beautiful area in San Diego.

May 19, 2012

By fg1011224

This is the nicer of a couple facilities I had seen recently, and it's also the more expensive of the two which is okay because the facilities are great - clean, modest, quiet. My grandmother was able to get a large room, larger than we expected so she was not going to feel cramped in a small room. The staff was really nice. There was more staff than I expected as well, and it's 24 hour so that was great. The place is near a college in San Diego which is a little worrisome for an elderly woman, but the neighborhood seemed quiet and manageable regardless of that detail. My grandmother seems to really enjoy the time she has spent here; she often talks about new friends and feels very connected to those around her and assisting her. She has also said the food is great! We are proud of our decision to have her reside in this assisted living center.

January 30, 2012

By susanmccw

My mother has decided that this is the assisted living facility she will live in.

November 03, 2011

By Amerie,Santos

The Facility is a relief that i could have my mother live here,Rather than alone in her own home.The homey feeling of the facility really replaced the feeling of her old home. My mother quickly became friends with the staff they were like her second family. The events Really helped her get out and meet people, playing easy board games or cards was never really her thing. The biggest thing that i loved about this place was the fact she had a reasonable sized room,i bought her a treadmill and put it in the room for her to have nice simple workouts surely it came in handy. Artia Collwood is highly great for a down to nature kind of senior nice and quite place.

Photos of Atria Collwood

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance

• Licenses: RCFE Certification

About Atria Collwood

Atria Collwood is a welcoming senior community with all the comforts of home. Enjoy the peaceful surroundings of beautifully maintained courtyards or relax in the community library. Atria Collwood is located near San Diego State University with convenient access to shopping, hospitals, places of worship and cultural activities.

Atria Collwood offers the following services:

• 24-hour availability of a trained staff
  • A choice of apartments
  • A full-time director for events and activities
  • An emergency call system in every apartment
  • Anytime Caféwith complimentary snacks and beverages
  • Assistance with activities of daily living
  • Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
  • Medication assistance