Brookdale Alamo Heights

855 East Basse Road, San Antonio, TX, 78209

Reviews of Brookdale Alamo Heights

DPark January 15, 2015

My mother never got her correct medication. Received someone else's twice - luckily my sister was there and caught it. Staff is nice for most part but seem unorganized. Had to move mother. Tried to speak to management but was put off. If you choose this place plan on staying with your loved one or who knows what might or might not happen.

This is very concerning to us. We want to thank you for taking the time to visit and for providing feedback. Please know it will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

Alice35 December 30, 2014

I visited Emeritus. People there were very nice. Everything looked good. It was clean. The room was spacious, pretty, and clean. The residents all looked happy, and they all looked like they were having a good time.

Caring90541550 September 30, 2014

The staff at Emeritus was very friendly, very helpful and at the same time, we knew that there was a kind of a salesman approach to what we were doing there. They wanted us to know what they had to offer, and we had no complaints whatsoever. That was the very first one we went to when we were looking for assisted living. I remember they had a library and a therapy and exercise room there. The place was perfectly clean. It’s an old, medium-sized facility, but it’s well kept. But we should be looking for independent living not for assisted living, so we had to put this facility down on our list. It was rather more institutional in the sense that we were very aware of the people in wheelchairs; that gives it a somewhat institutional atmosphere. The residents were busy going somewhere or doing something so I wouldn’t characterize them as anything more than focused on what they were doing.

Caring88374550 July 07, 2014

I went to Emeritus for my rehab, and I liked it. I’ve been there many times, and I just got comfortable with it. I was always down at the assisted living area enjoying the singing and the parties. The rooms are not very big, though. The sanitation was so-so, and the carpet was very dirty and needs to be ripped out and a new one put down. The staff was friendly. I liked how the dining area was set up; it was very family-like, and the food wasn’t bad.

Cary2 December 27, 2013

My parents are in a facility right now. They're in Emeritus at Lincoln Heights. It's a very nice facility. It's clean and up-to-date. I would give it high marks on the environment. The working staff is friendly and knowledgeable. I would give them high marks also. Food though is mediocre but it's all right.

Donna73256050 November 27, 2013

We actually tried respite care at Emeritus at Lincoln Heights and that was a nightmare for us. They are not abusive, but it just wasn’t a good fit for him. He was able to walk out the facility a couple of times. He was agitated there. It was just too hectic for him. It wasn’t really a memory care, but a nursing care place. So he really wasn’t in the right type of facility and that was the big part of it. The room itself looked more like a hospital room with the curtain pulls between them. We were just looking for a short term respite care and so they placed him in the nursing part and they have people with several different kinds of problems, so it wasn’t at all for Alzheimer's. It would be a fine place for somebody else, but not for my dad.

Nelda2 August 11, 2013

The lady that gave us a tour in Emeritus at Lincoln Heights was lovely. The facility seemed fine. The dining hours and food all seemed very nice and the dining room seemed lovely. The little apartments were lovely and seemed very nice. They had daily activities. I would recommend them to others

Mark19 July 31, 2013

We got a room for my mom at Emeritus at Lincoln Heights and she will be moving in tonight to a furnished room with mechanical hospital bed with TV, private phone, fridge and microwave. It is homey and totally nice. The staff so far is nice. They will take care of her based on what her needs are. I haven't eaten there but the menu looks nice. I would recommend it to others.

caring5242 May 25, 2012

This place is within seven minutes drive from my sister's place. It's nice and clean. It looks like sort of a nice apartment complex. The people seemed to be very nice. The rooms are fine. The price doesn't seem to be unreasonable for what we've looked at and what we've talked to these people about . I would say it's price is moderately reasonable.

obochick42 March 07, 2012

This place is amazing, considering the type of service that it provides. My husband's grandmother lived here for roughly two years, and they have some of the best employees. The service she received was attentive and consistent, and they always tried very hard to ensure that she was happy and cared for. The activities they had were varied and enjoyable for Granny. Whenever we would visit, we got to hear about her winning money at bingo games or the pretty birds they have in the lobby near the entrance.When Granny began to decline mentally, she was moved into the Alzheimer's wing of the facility, and the treatment she received there was as good, if not better. Granny never was upset when she was there, and the staff ensured that she was always stimulated with activities, conversation or group interactions. I could not think of a better place to have Granny when she was in her final days, as the employees as this facility truly cared about Granny as a person, not just another patient.

Becky4 February 12, 2012

My mother moved into this facility in mid-Jan. 2012. She was classified as LOC 4 (which I strongly disagree with) but was told that she would be re-evaluated each month. I believe that her LOC should be 1 or 2.

Concerns/issues encountered thus far include 1. Bathroom emergency pull cord needs to be replaced (reported days after move in). Still has paper stuffed in it. 2. Had to remind staff about personal laundry to be done after 2 weeks. 3. Just received a statement/bill from OmniCare for RXs and OTC meds that I had already provided. In residential agreement, I specifically indicated that I would continue to renew RXs through existing mail order pharmacy.

I am hopeful things will improve, but I would not hesitate moving my mother into another Emeritus facility (Woodbridge) which would be significantly less expensive and work with medicaid once qualified.

BNS August 05, 2011

My mother had been hospitalized and upon release, was not strong enough to go home. The hospital told us she needed to go into rehab andd we only had a few days to locate a facility. Emeritus at Lincoln Heights was one of several facilities we looked at and it ended up our top choice. It has a homey atmosphere, a caring staff and a generous policy about family visitation, which we wanted. When my mother was discharged from rehab, we determined that assisted living was the most appropriate option for her and she moved from the rehab side to the assisted living side. Her care continues to be very good and the staff is good to her. The place is well cared for and the food is good, and she is comfortable there. Her medication schedule is complicated, and the staff has worked with us to get it correct. We think this has been a good choice for her.

From Brookdale Alamo Heights

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Located in the prestigious Alamo Heights area of San Antonio by the Quarry Market shopping centers, we are the premier assisted living and skilled nursing facility in San Antonio. When you walk in the door you feel as if you have come home. We are warm, friendly, competent and helpful, and welcome you to become part of our family.

Features of Brookdale Alamo Heights

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, In prestigious Alamo Heights area of San Antonio by the Quarry Market shopping center

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: All apartments have small refrigerators and microwaves

• Staff patient ratio: Depends on acuity
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: Assisted Living and Nursing Facility
  • State License(s): 000945

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Alamo Heights