Morningside in the West End

3000 Skipwith Road, Richmond, VA, 23294

Reviews of Morningside in the West End

May 29, 2014

We have an out-of-the-family guardian who selected Morningside for my father. This is a very conveniently located facility. The rooms were fine. The staff was very good. However, I would say that people should ask what we didn't ask - what the ratio of staff to the residents was. They have less staff on the weekends. My father is limited in mobility, so he doesn't participate in very many things, but he does go out to meals.

April 30, 2013

By Carmela2

We chose this facility because of the combination of the location, layout of the facility and the staff. The food is very good. The staff, particularly the director of nursing and the director of the dementia unit where my father is, I was really impressed with both of them. He stayed in a room with a bed, dresser, chest of drawers, a few chairs, a closet and a bathroom. It's a little smaller than some of the other ones I looked at but it was clean and I didn't get a smell. Even though the other ones appeared to be clean, sometimes there would be an odor. It seems to be, on the number of residents that they have that they're a little short staffed and should have more staff available.

May 29, 2012

By JWS001

My personal experience with this facility was great. My Grandmother was placed in this home in 2010 and we hardly heard her complain. The staff was always very friendly and helpful. There were a few maintenance issues which I cannot recall anymore but I do remember they took a little longer than expected to be fixed. The nurses were great and really knew what they were talking about. My Grandmother liked it enough to stay for two years until relocating out of state.

Photos of Morningside in the West End

Features of Morningside in the West End

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3885/month

• Low Salt
  • Vegetarian

About Morningside in the West End

With 6 levels of care tailored to our residents needs, Morningside in the West End Assisted Living and Alzheimer's Care offers Five Star service in a family-like atmosphere. For more than 10 years, we have helped seniors transition from living alone to our beautiful retirement community, giving them a less challenging living environment and enabling peace of mind. Along with assisted living, we also offer a special memory impairment neighborhood called "Bridge to Rediscovery."

Our staff is available 24 hours a day / seven days a week, helping with meal preparation and medication supervision.

Stop by today to see how our residents enjoy the quality care they have come to expect over the years, and why they call Morningisde in the West End home.

Assisted Living

Assisted living residents are those who do not need skilled nursing care, but may need assistance with some aspects of daily life. This can include personal care such as dressing and grooming, monitoring of health, safety, and overall well-being, coordination of outside health care providers, assistance with medication, companionship, and more.

Our assisted living residents at Morningisde in the West End live in their own private apartment within our community so that they have the support and services they need, while continuing to be as independent and active as possible.

Map of Morningside in the West End