The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek

5918 North Davis Highway, Pensacola, FL, 32506

Reviews of The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek

November 14, 2016

By Jan106535

The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek neglected to catch my mother's UTI which nearly killed her because she had renal failure and almost went septic.When my mom was there, she was independent, but mentally she started to slide, so I paid them an extra $500 a month for a personal caregiver to come and help her get dressed in the morning, help her with two showers a week, and help her get ready for bed at night because she has balance problems.They would forget to come and change her, so I have been fighting with the nursing director. I had 2 official meetings with her, and she promised that it's going to get fixed, but it never did. She would say "Let me know when they won't show up," and I did, but it never changed, and they're not doing what they're supposed to be doing. Point being, if the caregivers are getting her ready for bed, when they change my mom's diaper, they would have noticed the difference in smell. They didn't do their job, and I nearly lost my mom because of it. She had 3 UTIs while she was there, and this was the 4th one. She never had a UTI her entire life until she moved in there, so I would not recommend it to anybody. It was built like a hotel -- with 2 stories, long hallways, and only one elevator. My mother had to go at least 300 ft from her room just to get to the activity room where the elevator is. People sit in the dining room, and they call for help, but nobody comes. I have watched some of these people go down to the dining room to eat and then wait 45 minutes for a caregiver to come to take them back to their rooms because they're understaffed. It's ridiculous, and I'm just stunned that that place is still in business. The food there is very salty. I don't know where they get their dietary guidance from.

August 16, 2016

By Beatrice860683

I was very pleased with The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek. The staff was very friendly. I looked at the one-bedroom and two-bedroom units, and I was very impressed. The dining area was beautiful. Everything was beautiful there because they were remodelling the place. They had a library and an exercise room. The living room was beautiful. What I really loved about it was that they have family night activities. They had beautiful places outside where you could just sit. They have exercise activities even for those who are not able to stand up.

May 11, 2016

By JohnIPVXA

I visited The Waterford and spoke to the director. It was very nice, but it was more than what we could afford to pay. I found the accommodations to be nice. I knew they said they had a workout place, but I was not able to check it out. I believe they had a barbershop, but that’s about it. I walked through the dining area, which was very nice. I do not have any issues with the facility and the staff. It was just too pricey.

May 11, 2016

By Alan28

Pacifica Senior Living - Carpenters Creek used to be very nice, but now it’s kind of in disarray. There were spots in the ceiling with mold where they had leaks in the roof. It didn’t have a good smell and would definitely not be a place we would go.

January 20, 2016

By Adayatatime

My mother was at Carpenter’s Creek for about three weeks. The staff was very nice and kind. However, a lot of the things they told me would happen did not. They were supposed to paint the room before we got there and do some repairs, but it didn’t happen. We got the smallest room that they had, and it was very tight but adequate. They do have bigger rooms, but we just pick one, so it wasn’t their fault. I asked them to encourage activities, and they never really responded, so I wasn’t that impressed. They had activities, but I think they expected her to initiate rather than get her and ask her if she wants to go. We ate one meal there that was pretty good. They should try to encourage the residents to do the activities rather than letting it be their place to initiate it. She was in a wheelchair, so somebody had to come and take her there, and that didn’t happen.

September 30, 2015

By James113939850

I had a brief tour at Pacifica Senior Living Carpenter's Creek. It's a one large building. I can say it’s very active and lively. They had a pianist and there are several people coming in; that was very nice.

June 11, 2013

By porkchop

My parent was at this facility for over 2 years. The food is really good and the facility is attractive, but older. My Dad entered this facility needing level 2 care. When he was hospitalized, they refused to take him back. They told us to put him in a nursing home. We found another assisted living facility for him and he is at the exact same level of functioning that he was at when he left Carpenters Creek. Even though their ad says they provide assistance for all activities of daily living, they like residents to be independent. Great place if you do not need help! Grea

November 17, 2011

By fishycat

I got to see this lady's room which is as I expected, very small. Her daughter said that there were a lot of activities at Carpenter's Creek and that her mother liked living there. The public areas were very attractive, extremely clean, and there was no odor that I could tell in the hall outside the mother's room or inside her room. Much different from what I thought would be the case. It was a very pleasant surprise.

Photos of The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek

Services & Amenities of The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Pharma

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek

Delight in convenient services and ample sunshine at The Waterford at Carpenter’s Creek, our senior living community in the beautiful Gulf Coast city of Pensacola. Our caring and professional staff provides a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with the activities of daily living, from housekeeping and laundry to medication management. For the benefit of our Independent Living and Assisted Living residents, we offer an array of thoughtful amenities, including a beautifully landscaped courtyard and surroundings where residents are welcome to walk and enjoy the pleasant year-round weather. Individual apartment homes are equipped with kitchenettes, walk-in closets and spacious bathrooms with walk-in showers and safety-assist hand railings. During downtime, seniors can read a book from our well-stocked library, watch the big game in our lounge area with big-screen TV or perfect a sonata on our grand piano. Our senior living community in Pensacola offers three delicious restaurant-style meals daily, and a variety of popular local restaurants are nearby as well. Since our community is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week by a team of conscientious care providers, friends and family members of residents can rest assured that their loved ones are always in considerate hands. Discover our commitment to providing a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with activities of daily living. You can be assured that The Waterford at Carpenter’s Creek provides the quality care that will allow residents to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive environment.

Map of The Waterford at Carpenter's Creek