Park Meadows Senior Living

5901 West 107th Street, Overland Park, KS, 66207

Reviews of Park Meadows Senior Living

Pawnee75 October 25, 2015

Park Meadows Assisted Living provides a caring atmosphere for our father. We feel lucky to have found a staff of professional individuals who truly go the extra mile to communicate with us. The transition from independent living to assisted living has been relatively smooth for all of us. Our Dad is finally getting the care that he deserves such as regular bathing, clean clothing, and stimulating activities. We are grateful to have found a place that supports not only our Dad, but also our family. Patti, Sheri and Kathy are exceptional in their thoughtful guidance and have a wealth of experience to help us each step of the way.

B Martin January 05, 2015

Four years ago my father was diagnosed with dementia and our family began the search for a new place for him to call home. At the time of diagnosis he was still very independent and required no help in his daily activities, but knew that it would change some day. The staff at Park Meadows, from day one, has been incredible!! He moved in on the Independent Living side and lived there happily for three years! We then decided it was time to move to Assisted Living as he was requiring additional care. The staff made the transition for my dad as easy as they could...for me, they made me feel good about the decision and answered any and all questions and concerns. Unfortunately for my dad, his dementia progressed quickly and it was obvious he needed to move to a safer facility. We were lucky to get to move him to the Memory Care at Park Meadows. The doors are locked, easing my mind that he wouldn't wander out and about without anyone with him. The facility is easier for him to navigate so he feels more comfortable. The care he receives there is unbelievable. I believe that everyone I have met there has been so kind, understanding and all around wonderful! I so appreciate the care that Park Meadows has given my dad (and me!) through his illness.

dad's helper December 29, 2014

My dad has been a resident and is now in Memory care. Both facilities are well maintained and staffed with caring professionals. They offer many activities and make services available to meet the needs of all residents. The staff is caring, friendly and aware of the needs of each resident. The surroundings are very nice and designed to meet everyone's needs.

Wendy22 June 27, 2014

Overall, Park Meadows Senior Living (5901 W 107th St.) has a lot of activities going on. My mom needed physical therapy when she moved in, and all that has been handled well. They have a room where people can work out, which is nice. My mom has a nice one-bedroom apartment, and the bedroom is a fairly good size. There are a lot of windows, so she gets a lot of natural light. She has a kitchen, but she eats in the dining room most of the time and she says the food is good. They have a bus that takes you to places every day. They have canasta and bridge clubs and quilting. They have just something going on pretty much all day long. Everybody is very friendly, and the place is very clean.

cheeselover87 August 30, 2012

The staff was very professional and welcoming, doing everything they could to make sure Ben was comfortable. The facilities were kept very clean and well lit, and we never had an issue with any of the accommodations. It very much felt as though Ben was among friends in his last days.

hithit07 August 21, 2012

The facility was very clean and the staff was very helpful and thoughtful, allot of the members of the staff treated the people they worked with as family instead of just customers. My grandma however did prefer that she had more freedom to do more physical actives provided through the facility instead of having to go out and find her own activities. The facility had multiple types of therapies available for residents to use to help them live to the best of their abilities however, my grandma has not required these.

Jesika1208 March 10, 2012

Park Meadows is a really wonderful place. The staff is very friendly and inviting. The other patients there are usually friendly and willing to tell a story or two. The rooms are tarrific! They are so beautiful and homey, they really make the patients feel at home. My grandmother loves all the activities that are available. She has made tons of friends, both patients and staff. I find Park Meadows to be such a lovely place, I wouldn't mind living there!

commercesd March 08, 2012

We visited the Park Meadows Senior Living assisted living facility while searching for a place for our aunt to live in the Kansas region. It was clear from the moment we got there that this was a really luxuriously designed living environment for seniors.

The outer grounds were nicely designed and maintained. The nice park-like area was designed to be easy access for residents, where they can enjoy walking around safely, with supervision as necessary. We could see that there is also plenty of space to have parties and to socialize with friends, families and other residents.

The receiving room was nicely decorated with comfortable furniture.The entire facility had a modern, yet still home-style feel. All of the rooms throughout the facility were fresh and bright with very good light.The color scheme was comfortable and soothing.

The communal rooms were nice, with comfortable and easy access furnishings. We could see that the seniors could easily spend quiet time, socialize, play games, watch TV and participate in one of the many stimulating activities offered. The facility seemed to be able to accommodate various levels of ambulation easily.

The private rooms all featured enough plenty of space in nicely decorated surroundings. All had a great deal of natural light and fresh air with very comfortable furniture.

Seniors can use the exercise room at any time and also go on daily walks. Aerobics and yoga classes are offered, and many of the residents choose to get their exercise outdoors by walking around the grounds. The staff really tries to make physical activity interesting to encourage participation.

The residents go on many day trips to visit the art galleries and museums, eateries and cultural events, such as festivals an fairs offered in the region.

The dining room featured great furniture and adequate space n a nicely decorated area. The food we saw looked and smelled delicious - like food you would find in a high-end cafe. The menus all had healthy, but interesting food options for all kinds of diets. Snacks are offered regularly and whenever requested.

The residents here looked very content in this well designed living environment and appeared very were well care by respectful staff. This is an exceedingly exceptional living environment for seniors and is at the top of our list for the region.

From Park Meadows Senior Living

Park Meadows Senior Living offers a variety of care levels including Independent Living, Assisted Living, Transitional Memory Care and the new Memory Care community.The flexible dining meal plan offers a wide range of choices in selections, dining venues and dining times. A private dining room is available for family and special occasions. Transportation is available seven days a week to help our residents remain active in the Overland Park community. A variety of apartment sizes with 15 different floor plans are available to match personal preferences and budgets. The affordable month-to-month rental program allows residents to enjoy comfortable living without a restrictive buy-in plan.

Our memory care community is in a stand-alone building. We also offer a Transitional Memory Care program designed for those with Mild Cognitive Impairment.

Features of Park Meadows Senior Living

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy

• Housing extra: Cottages
  • Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $5,925/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• Financial guidance extra: Medicaid not accepted
  • We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Park Meadows Senior Living