Fairwinds - Desert Point

10701 N. La Reserve Dr., Oro Valley, AZ, 85737

Contact Now

Reviews of Fairwinds - Desert Point

Caring108641550 July 21, 2015

My folks are in Fairwinds, and it has been great. There are a lot of activities, and they have been very good to them. The room is very clean, well maintained, and spacious. I have never seen anything that is not clean. We eat the food all the time, and they do a nice job. They are trying to take care of a whole lot of people that has different age, and actually, that is one of the big reasons why we chose it.

Anonymous108445350 June 22, 2015

I went to Fairwinds at Desert Point, and it was very nice, beautiful, and accommodating. We looked at a studio and an extended studio apartment, and they were both gorgeous. We had lunch in the dining room, and the food was fantastic. The people were very nice to us. They showed us the gym, which was very nice.

Celine1 May 08, 2015

The staff at Fairwinds was friendly and helpful. The attitude of the people living there seemed to be happy. I went over for a meal, and the food and preparation was fine. It was a very nice salad. The chef came over to see how we were doing. They have a pool, a salon, and a game room. I was pleased with the visit.

Valerie25 April 28, 2015

Fairwinds at Desert Point is right in the neighborhood where my parents live independently now. They are not there yet, but they are on a waiting list because that's the one they choose. The dining option is good. The staff is friendly. They seem to get along well. They seem to like their residents. They like their job, and they want to care for the residents.

Val9 April 03, 2015

Fairwinds Desert Point is near my parents' home, so once they have an opening, they can move very close by. There are good shopping areas nearby in their neighborhood and things they are familiar with. So, they are not changing neighborhoods. They are very nice. Everybody there is very welcoming and very helpful. They answer every question I have. The rooms are not really large; it will be nice if they have high ceilings. It is nice to have that more spacious feel.

They have lots of activities, They have exercises. They have a beauty shop. They have different classes. It seems like a good place. They take the residents out every day to a different place. So, it seems that it will be a good transition for my parents to not have to drive when they have places to go. They have nice dining options. From the rent that you pay every month, you have a $400 credit so you can take from that for the meal you want to take every day. So, you have some options if you want from morning, afternoon, or evenings. It seems like they have good food. They have a little cafe for in between times, so you can have snacks. They have a nice welcome guests thing there, and you can go there at any time and have a meal if you like.

Son2 July 11, 2012

The staff seems to enjoy their jobs and are neat and professional. Overall the place is very well lighted and is a nice place for anyone to live. It seems to be a little understaffed, but they get the job done. The meals cooked there are different every day and are of good quality. The only problem I have with this home is that like in many homes, things seem to disappear almost every week. Whether they are being stolen, taken by other patients, or being used for other patients I don't know. But if you have something in your room you shouldn't have to worry everyday about it being taken. Other than that the patients there seem to be happy and the rules aren't ridiculous. So overall this is a good place for someone to live that wants to be comfortable and taken care of.

jmorelli1011 April 13, 2012

At first glance I was very impressed with the way the building and it's surrounding looked. The staff seemed very pleasent and was always smiling. The entry way and main room are very open and well lighted through natural light comming in through the windows. As part of the vistit/tour you get to speak with a representative over lunch and I felt that the dinning room was a bit small. The food was great and I was able to order what I wanted, not just option A or option B that you get in most places. The rooms were a good size and had different options in floor plans for those who live alone or if they have a spouse and need a little larger room. There were also many different levels of care that we could pick and choose from. It was a build your own package. We were able to select having her laundry done and med reminders performed but allowing her to still be independent in other areas. I'm a huge fan of that because I feel that it's extremely important to let an individule do as much as they can for themselves before steping in to help. The overall environment was very friendly and they seemed very involved in getting the residents active in different activites that they provide. I would highly recommend this facility.

wildcats79 January 07, 2012

I have visited my grandmother multiple times at Fairwinds - Desert Point in Tucson, Arizona. It is quite a drive from her original house and sits fairly alone in an undeveloped area. There is plenty of parking for visitors as well. Once inside the building that my grandmother resides in, I was impressed. There is a huge dining room where my grandmother hangs out with the friends she has made. There is also a bar area to watch sports or the news where I had a delicious panini that was reasonably priced. The residents are given a meal card that they withdraw funds from for activities and meals in the dining area at a discounted rate. My grandmother's room was down a very long, very narrow hallway that did not have railing for assistance. The room was nicely sized and my grandmother would complain, "It was still way too much room for just her." For example, her living room had enough space for 3 chairs and a large entertainment center containing her television. Her patio led straight to a nicely landscaped courtyard that got just enough shade for being in the Arizona heat. Overall the residents seemed very happy. My only sad experience was when a family member and I were playing pool and watching a football game on the television upstairs. A resident came in bewildered by the fact that we were in the room since she used it for her personal television room at that time, despite the fact that an unused entertainment area was in the next room. It was awkward and very sad. The staff did not seem overly pushy or micromanaging, which I think is a good thing. I would recommend Fairwinds - Desert Point.

From Fairwinds - Desert Point

Fairwinds - Desert Point, newly remodeled and located in the foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountain Range, offers luxurious apartment homes in a fun and active retirement community. We are very proud to be managed by Leisure Care, who, for over 30 years, has led the industry in the development and management of elegant retirement communities that are all about Five-Star Fun. At Fairwinds - Desert Point we have set colossal standards for quality and choice in guest services, amenities, resort-style living, and in all things "fun."

Live at Fairwinds - Desert Point and enjoy your own private apartment home. Meet new friends and entertain family in the beautiful restaurant, where all meals are prepared for you by our very own chef. Then there's the programs! Sign up for an art class. Start a new fitness program. Or book that travel excursion you've always wanted to. You will be amazed by how many fun social and recreational activities there are just waiting for you. Whether you want to spend an afternoon in the library with a good book, swim laps in the pool, enjoy a night on the town with your sweetie, or want to socialize with friends, Fairwinds - Desert Point has it all. Do what you want, whenever you want to.

Imagine the peace of mind knowing that our highly-trained staff is available 24 hours a day to answer any questions you may have and that every apartment is equipped with an emergency communication system. And if you need some assistance, whether a little or a lot, our Assisted Living services are available and can be started at any time.

Quite simply, at Fairwinds - Desert Point, it's your life, on your terms. We help make it all possible. Come join us for Five-Star Fun.

Commingled independent and assisted living apartments - $400 food credit for meals with full service La Reserve Restaurant and Bistro available - Full-time fitness trainer as part of our PrimeFit Gym, teaching classes Monday through Friday and managing our residents' health needs - Putting green in our enclosed courtyard - Stunning views of Pusch Ridge and the Catalina Mountains - Cable television included - Full-service Guest Services Department and Concierge available.

Features of Fairwinds - Desert Point

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, W/D in residence

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: AL
  • State License(s): AL4698C

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits