Brookdale Marysville | Assisted Living

9802 48th Drive NE, Marysville, WA, 98270

Reviews of Brookdale Marysville | Assisted Living

Caring73275950 November 20, 2013

Merrill Gardens is a good facility for someone who doesn't have Alzheimer's. The staff is really nice to my mom but I wouldn't recommend that anyone who has dementia or Alzheimer's go there. The one thing that I was a little bit disappointed in was that they advertise themselves as being a dementia facility and I don't really think they're set up for something like that because it's not a secured place.

Anyone can wander away from there and you would not know. It's not a gated community but they advertise it as being a dementia facility. They can get away with that because dementia has different classifications. I got her out of there because there were a couple of times where she actually left the premises and the only reason I knew is because some friends told me about it. She knew it was Sunday, the day for church, but she didn't wait for us to come pick her up. She just walked there on her own and someone called us up and told us that she was there and the place didn't even know that she had left. If you need more care, they do have those services but for each additional thing, they charge you more money. It just was not a place for her to be.

lizzyo66 May 31, 2012

I recently visited my grandpa at Merrill Gardens of Marysville. Overall the visit was very pleasant and enjoyable. When my grandma had passed away a year ago it was really unfortunate that we had to put him in an assisted living home and we were very uneasy about it. After visiting with him at Merrill Gardens I am assured that he is in good hands. The staff was very warming, welcoming, and helpful. You could tell they truly cared. One reason I believe this is because they wanted to get to know the patients family. They asked questions such as your name where you live and what relation I was to him. As well as telling me about his progress in the home. Overall the facility was clean. They kept his living space up and I checked to make sure he had everything he needs in his room. The bathrooms were clean and didn't smell bad. So to sum it up I was very pleased to know that my Grandpa is in a good home with nice people and a clean environment.

5n00pLary July 11, 2011

My great grandmother was cared for here in which I helped to pay for. I loved that she was close, almost right down the street from my home. I felt that she was very safe there as I know places like this are always in the news for stealing money or treating the people very poorly, but my great grandma was in the best of hands. She was always clean and smelled nice when I came over, and her room was always clean. She never once had a bed sore which I had found on her at the last place she had lived at. I also noticed she gained weight which was good because they had gotten her to eat. She was in her late 90's and weighed less than her age and was scaring the family as she would not eat and was getting very sick. They got her to eat and to be back in the fight for life. Also I had found out her cat she had had since her husband died that was almost 20 had died and a nurse bought her a kitten which I thought was above and beyond. I was very pleased that my great grandmother was so loved and taken care of. I go over to see her at 3 times a week, and it is truely like a second family there. I am glad they are so nice and make the people staying there have a last few nice years. I am very happy they are so close and would not take her anywhere else.

From Brookdale Marysville

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Marysville

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help families understand VA benefits