Vista Del Mar Senior Living

3360 Magnolia Avenue, Long Beach, CA, 90806

Reviews of Vista Del Mar Senior Living

Diana222 August 19, 2016

—My mom has been at Vista Del Mar for a couple of weeks now. I feel like I just sent her off to college and can't reach her now like I use to, because...she is so busy wiyh the activies every day. The first day there she was having lunch in the dining room and thought it was so beautiful she thougjt she had to pay for her meal. Thank you Vista Del Mar and to Charlene for making the transition easy for mom and for all uour wonderful caring staff.

DerrickRZBXC May 11, 2016

Vista Del Mar was a really nice place and their price was good. The residents were active and the staff was nice. Their apartments were pretty big and lots of air. They have an activity room as well. Everything was really very nice.

Jose4 May 11, 2016

Vista Del Mar was a great place, and the person who helped us was very good. The price actually was kind of high. It’s what we were looking for ,but we cannot afford something like that. It’s clean, and she toured us through the places and the rooms. It’s enough for one person and nice. I really liked it. They have one nurse per person and several activities.

-Debbie May 06, 2016

I would like to express my thanks to Vista Del Mar for being my extended family and my help mate with my parents. You cared for my mom for 6 years until she went home to God. She was taken care of so well with love and care. Right now, you are continuing your great care with my father. I feel like I can still have time for my husband and family. Thank you to all the personnel at Vista Del Mar.

Rose126285350 March 31, 2016

Vista Del Mar charges additional fees as you need more care. The dining room was beautiful, and the activities were nice. The staff was very nice as well. They offered a lot of services, but with a fee, and for us it was just too much.

Caring daughter122738950 March 31, 2016

So far I’m happy with Vista Del Mar, they’re very friendly and helpful. The rooms and apartments are very nice. They have a beauty and nail salon, they have a library, a movie theater, and a store that you can buy staff. They play games, they have a store, and they play cards. Their dining room is really nice, and it seem like a restaurant. They can improve in their cleanliness, and add more staff in the memory care unit.

Rose123248050 March 31, 2016

Vista Del Mar charges additional fees as you need more care. The dining room was beautiful, and the activities were nice. The staff was very nice, they offered a lot of services, but with a fee, and for us it was just too much.

Crystel March 11, 2016

To all the families at large, who are considering placement of a loved one in a senior living community........be prepared for self adjustment, family adjustment and the adjustment of your loved one. Adjustments in life are a given. We all have make adjustments and when we are fortunate enough to have time, good counsel, finances and support all in place; they are usually easier to execute. Vista Del Mar has been an amazing support to this eventful process. The staff at Vista Del Mar, (VDM) are transition specialists, if you will. They were considerate, helpful, intuitive, patient, resourceful. My concerns were never belittled, but careful consideration was given to each concern. I desire for my mom to have certain dietary controls and that is an area that the staff is working to acknowledge and respond to. I first visited VDM with a friend, whose grandmother lived in the community. The first fews weeks/months were an adjustment for her and there were times when she didn't want to transition, but VDM did their part in providing loving care, activities, a bright clean and happy environment and she then learned to appreciate the efforts of the staff and overall community. It was important to me that there was life, a level of excitement, opportunities to go on excursions and continue to look forward to the next big thing...whatever that was. I am always warmly welcomed in the community and even I look forward to seeing Suzette, Charlene and the many other staffers, who are so kind to my mother. My mother had been living in her home of 40 years, so transitioning from her home to a senior living community was a process that I didn't expect to be so emotional. Did I cry a little, when I first stood in the room that my mom would be living...Yes. Did I wonder if I was doing the right thing concerning my mother's care...Yes. Am I glad now that I have made this transition FOR and WITH my mom....Yes!
I believe that my mom is in good hands. Vista Del Mar is a loving community. I have found that I look forward to seeing some of the other residents and offer a gleeful "Hello". It is my intent to be a part of the community myself, by volunteering and being a part of efforts to bring more happiness into the lives of the residents there. Vista Del Mar is now extended family to us and the community will extend itself to you too, should you make a decision for placement in this senior living community.

A Fellow Reviewer120115150 February 21, 2016

My wife is at Vista Del Mar. Her room is fairly large with two people in it. The staff is very friendly. They seem very accommodating. They provide breakfast, lunch, snacks, and beverages. They have a wide variety of activities, but my wife has a memory problem, so she can’t participate in a lot of them. The one she can participate in is painting. They had a trip last week. My wife has been at Vista Del Mar for three weeks now.

LongBeachNative January 17, 2016

Once it was clear that my father could no longer live at home, I started looking for the right assisted-living facility for him. I searched for a few facilities online and called a few others, but I couldn't find what I was looking for. I stumbled upon Vista Del Mar one afternoon. I was able to visit the facility the next day. I liked the activities and the amenities offered to the residents. I also like that the facility is large, but not so big that residents can get lost in the crowd. All of the employees have been great with my dad. I'm really glad I found this place!

millyellman January 10, 2016

I am very happy that I made the decision to move my husband to Vista Del Mar. Everyone has been welcoming both to me and to my husband. The room is beautiful and he has the privacy he has craved for over a year at the prior facility.. He has enjoyed the food and the feeling that he is still capable though challenged with dementia.. I would highly recommend Vista Del Mar.

UL December 29, 2015

My visit at Vista Del Mar was all good. The staff who assisted me was OK. My dad was in this facility, but it wasn’t such a nice experience, so I took him out. Their accommodations are apartment-style.

M.A.2 August 22, 2015

My brother is in the hospital right now, but he will be going to Vista Del Mar. This is a very nice place. It is really big. If you want where you can walk around and you want a large facility, this is a very nice place for that. The dining room looks like a really nice restaurant with pretty furniture and nice lighting. I don’t know anything about the staffing, but so far, they have been very nice. They have a room right off the front door, and every time I walk in, there is always something going on. They remodel it too. The floors are nice. For a big place, I think it is very nice, and the management seems really attentive. I just get the feeling like if you need anything or if you have anything to complain, they really listen to you.

Caring109782550 June 30, 2015

I visited Vista Del Mar and the first thing that turned me off was I had to climb upstairs to get into the entrance and for old people like us that was kind of tough. It was not an easy flight. The rooms were spacious, the staff was good and the dining area was OK. Everything looked clean and the price was good too.

Caring107987050 June 11, 2015

I liked the location of Vista del Mar and the amenities that they offer. The staff is great. They are hard working and very accommodating. The rooms are spacious, open, airy, and modern. I love the dining setup. There are a couple different options, and they have people available to assist those who need assistance in the dining area. When I walk through, it is very pleasant smelling and never ever messy. It is always very well-kept.

Caring110157050 May 01, 2015

My first impression at Vista Del Mar is great. The guy who accommodated us was great. He was really good, and he explained their activities. They do take their residents to different places, take them to shopping, or go on trips, and I like that one. The apartments were nice.

Ana4 February 25, 2015

We already found one, and my mother has already moved in to Vista Del Mar. We chose it because of the levels of care offered, the cleanliness, and the price. The rooms are large. It is like one large studio room with its own bathroom, and it has two large closets. She has a sliding glass door that opens to a balcony which overlooks a garden area. They have a lot of activities, but she hasn't participated in them yet. But every day whenever we go visit her, we see the posted activities. The staff seemed really caring. They are affectionate with her and seem to be taking good care of her. They are very attentive. Sometimes the hallways can have this odor at certain times of the day though.

Peter Rashkin October 29, 2014

Jim has MS, and although he hated to give up the "independence" of living in his own apartment, he knew that he just wasn't able to function on his own any longer. As his principal care giver, I am very much relieved that he now has the care he needs to function, and that the staff by and large respects his autonomy and treats him with care and respect. I feel that he is doing better in this environment than when he was in his own apartment.

Rickey James August 08, 2014

So far, Mom is off to good start. This is extremely busy facility. Mom moved in to the dementia unit (Memory Lane) in early July 2014 and she is doing so much better. Before placing mom here, I took care of her for the last 3 years as she declined. During the last month, I have finally been able to get my life back together. They recently got a labradoodle named Jake who lives in memory lane. Mom loves Jake and it has made the transition so much easier. I have eat there a couple of times and both the fish was over-cooked. I have to say for the money, this place is a deal.

Caring86130350 June 23, 2014

Vista Del Mar is a large building. I think it’s three stories. It’s pretty nice inside and pretty homey. They charge quite a bit, though. It was pretty clean. They have small rooms, middle class rooms, and they have suites. The people that I know who have gone there like it. They allow pets. I’ve heard the food is better. The people I met seemed sincere and nice.

Seeks Ocean June 12, 2014

I can't say enough about how amazing the staff of this place is. Only a couple days after my mother moved in, the elevator near my mother's room went out of service for maintenance for two weeks. The staff wheeled her down for meals every day until The elevator was fixed and she could use her walker. Ibrahim, Suzette, Reggie, Sidonia, India, James....the list goes on and on with people who care. It's a big busy place. But the caring is real. It's not easy to transition a loved one into assisted living. But, I am glad we chose Vista Del Mar.

Caring70244250 May 21, 2014

My father-in-law wasn't happy at Vista del Mar at all. They had lots of cockroaches, the food was not very good, and it wasn't clean. The positive thing is that you're allowed to bring your dog. His room was large, which was great. It was a good sized room, but he found them to be non-accommodating, and the cockroaches are a big problem.

He didn't really participate in many of the activities. They said that the buses would take them or they had transportation, but it turned out that it was really one guy who you had to book way in advance. So the transportation wasn't as good as he had thought when we signed up. The maintenance guy was nice. He did not like the kitchen staff at all. He found them to be non-accommodating and not very easy to work with. They could improve on the overall quality of food and cleanliness.

DocStein August 29, 2013

I placed my mom here with the assurance that the aides would orient her and escort her to meals. Every promise made to me was broken. During the 7 days I kept my mother there, she had dinner once. I was there 3 mornings and no aide escorted her to anything, certainly not meals. I took her home without advising anyone and I had to call them the next day to inform them she wasn't there. Sedonia misrepresented their services as she smiled and acted like she cared. I went in one day on crutches carrying 3 heavy bags. I passed 5 staff people while attempting to navigate to the 3rd floor and not one offered to help me. Unless your loved one can take care of their own needs, do NOT place them here. They will not be fed, will not be given a seat at a table in the dining room and will not be adequately cared for. I felt like Sedonia acted like a used car salesman. My mother is a human being and deserves to be treated with respect and care.

Llk1964 August 10, 2013

it's been about 4 months since my mother moved into vista del mar and things have finally settled down. Although the transition was not an easy one or her Denise, Sidonia, and India did a great job to keeping me updated and helping her even though she is frequently confused. The facility is clean, remodeled and appears to well run. Although the menu is not always to moms liking (she is picky) she can also get a fresh fruit plate or a tuna melt.

4jmmy4 July 18, 2013

Suzette toured me and she was fantastic. The facility was clean and the 3rd floor was amazing. This place was better than the other facilities in long beach.

Caring3563 June 19, 2013

On the positive side, Vista Del Mar has a very nice outdoor courtyard area in the middle of the facility. The hallways are very dark and gloomy. They have dark carpeting that doesn't look clean. The room that was shown to me was under construction, so that was not very pleasant. I did go into the dining room and I understand that the residents have assigned seating which I found unfortunate because it's more of an institutional kind of feel to it. The guy that gave me the tour was very nice. It seems like they are trying to do some updating.

Dorothy12 April 10, 2013

Vista Del Mar was excellent. I've been to their cafeteria. The staff was great. But it was not a locked down facility, so it just did not suit my needs. My sister is bipolar schizophrenic and refuses to take her medication. And she will walk out the door because she wants to go home.

From Vista Del Mar Senior Living

Located in suburban Long Beach close to the 405 & 710 freeways, Vista Del Mar Senior Living offers a park like setting with large room and gorgeous common areas. Our resident rooms some of the largest in Southern California ranging between 350 square feet to 600 square feet.

Our well trained staff accommodate a verity of care needs ranging from medication management to memory care.

We provide a jammed packed activities calendar both onsite and through in the community. We own our own limousine and bus which can accommodate wheelchairs and scooters for outings and doctor's appointments.

Our kitchen serves three delicious chef prepared meals daily and snacks between meals. Come see why we are Long Beach's largest and most popular retirement community!

We are Long Beach's Premier Assisted Living Community!

Features of Vista Del Mar Senior Living

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,595/month

• Minimum age: 60

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• State License(s): 197608029