Wentworth of Las Vegas

2620 Lake Sahara Drive, Las Vegas, NV, 89117

Reviews of Wentworth of Las Vegas

Kathryn19 February 16, 2016

The entire staff at The Wentworth of Las Vegas cares for their residents. They are very friendly. Even if nobody’s looking, you can still see that they are very patient, very kind, and always smiling. They just treat everybody with dignity, and respect. That was very important to me because my mom has mild dementia. The location of the facility is very convenient because it is centrally located. Restaurants, and stores are nearby. The lake is also nearby, but I would highly recommend this facility mainly because of the way they take care of their residents. The residents were everywhere. You could see that it was a happy place. We are very happy with this facility.

Brienna January 29, 2016

The Wentworth is where my grandmother moved into. The apartment was much larger than in all of the other assisted living facilities. They’re remodeling right now so it’s a little chaotic, but it seemed OK. The staff is OK. Each resident has a pendant that they push the button for if they need help with anything including pain medication, and it takes them a while to answer that. When they answer that, and it’s for medication, they have to go tell the Med Tech. If it’s not time for the medication they don’t tell the residents. They just never come back. So that’s a bit annoying. It takes a while for maintenance to do something like multiple holes, and multiple leaks. The dining hall is OK. It’s not as fancy, but my grandmother seems to like it there. They have little concerts from people who come from the outside, and they have activities every single day. They have at least one concert a week it seems.

WandaLawrence November 16, 2015

Terrible environment. Terrible. My aunt lives there currently and I had gone on a tour to decide whether it was a good place for my mother. The caregivers and management talk very down about the residents and clearly do not care about the residents well being. My aunt said that the food is always tough and almost impossible for them all to eat. I watched as a resident threatened to kill herself and was simply ignored in the lobby and the tour guide rolled her eyes. Met two dining room workers who were exceptional and absolutely amazing waiters/waitresses. And also a few caregivers who were very caring. But the management is ridiculous. Would NEVER leave my mother in such a terrible place.

Anonymous110075450 September 30, 2015

The Wentworth of Las Vegas is a very nice place. It is very clean. They are good with my mother. The rooms and apartments are very clean and nice. Everything is very nice there. I have no complaints at all. They have stuff going on every afternoon. They have bingo, concerts, and musical entertainment. The staff is wonderful.

Caring110607150 July 21, 2015

My mother is getting very good care at Wentworth of Las Vegas. The food is good. She is always clean and dressed properly, and the attendants always seem to be very attentive to everyone. She is an Alzheimer's patient in memory care, and she seems happy. They have a lot of activities. They have a DJ come in usually once a week, and they have people come in with animals. They dance, and she gets up and dances. We're very pleased with what they do for their patients.

Caring106386050 May 05, 2015

My mother had moved to the Wentworth towards the end of April. First of all, it is being remodeled, so it is getting a fresh face, and people, I found, were extremely friendly, very open, eager to help, and the employees, to me, were more open-armed. So that's what actually drew us to this, and the other thing is that it's close to our house. On the first day, we got two free meals with our member, so we did eat. Of course, they were senior portions, but it was very nice, and the residents that we spoke with all feel the food is very good. The room was brand-new carpet, brand-new vinyl, and fresh coat of paint everywhere -- absolutely pristine. Parking is not very good for the visitor. Parking right now is limited since they are doing some remodeling, and they are using some of the parking spaces for those big garbage things and whatever, so it sort of restricts the number of slots.

Caring82836250 April 17, 2015

We’re in Wentworth. It’s strictly a retirement community. We have an apartment with a living room, a kitchen area, a bedroom, and a bathroom. It’s one of the larger units here. They have people come to entertain. They have reading classes, books, and exercises as well.

They do have a nurse on duty here that’s available at all times. They have people on call 24 hours a day, and they will come and assist you whenever you need them. We looked into a couple of places and chose this one for its location and the facilities that they had.

Caring106739250 February 26, 2015

Wentworth of Las Vegas was the least expensive for what my uncle has. He is on a very limited income, and they are helping him get Medicare. It's costing him about $1100 a month, and that leaves him with about $100. He is sharing a room with somebody. They take them around town to go shopping, to the casino, or the bank, and he likes it.

Celeste1 February 28, 2014

The Wentworth of Las Vegas was the most reasonable one in Las Vegas as far as pricing. It's a nice looking facility. It is well kept but it smelled a lot. They also had some issues with the drainage on their laundry room and it smelled sewage. She is sharing an apartment with another person and we have been having problems with her roommate and I am trying to get the issue resolved, but they are not resolving it. Some of the staff is very nice, but there are some who don't care.

Sylvia9 August 20, 2013

I visited my friend who stayed in the memory care unit of Chancellor Gardens of the Lakes, but I also got a chance to visit their assisted living part. I think it was a fine facility. They have their buses and little limousines on-call 24 hours, which I think is great. They also have entertainments for their residents. I would recommend this facility.

Cass1 August 15, 2013

The lady who gave me a tour of Chancellor Gardens of the Lakes was lovely and very knowledgeable. Her brother was the chef and I enjoyed my meal there. They had a nice large room. They had regular activities. They had a room where you could place cards. They had a movie room. They also had a reading and a computer room. It seemed like a homey place and I liked it. It is located on a nice, very high class street.

Lauren4 July 12, 2013

The place was very nice and more affordable, but my mother has to share her apartment. The place is old, but it was good. This place was recommended to by a physician's assistant.

caring5021 June 19, 2013

Wentworth of Las Vegas is a very clean place. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They are always taking care of everybody. The rooms are spacious and they got their own closet. The dining room is nice. Everything is very nice there.

Cfmbuff May 29, 2013

A couple of months ago I had toured this place for my mother and father. After meeting with Danielle the Admissions lady, I had a good feeling about the place. She took her time and went through everything and seemed very understanding. My dad was a veteran from WWII and Danielle said that her partner Chris would be able to help with a pension for them from the VA. I met with Chris one weekend and he was so helpful. Gave me all of the forms, told me what I needed, some ways to help speed up the process and was generally very knowledgeable. They really seem to care there and my parents moved in last month. They seem very happy so far. It was tough in the beginning until they made some friends but now mom is out all the time doing stuff and they have a second wind. Definitely recommend this place. Love the location too! Really easy to get to.

Caring 0794 March 22, 2013

Chancelor Garden is adequate. The care appears to be very good.

Caring4896 February 19, 2013

I like the location of Chancellor Gardens and the amenities they offer. The marketing director, Chris, took the time to show us around and made us feel very welcome. He was very open and honest about the facility and what they could do for my mom. She has been there for about four months now.

Caring1828 November 24, 2012

We go over there every week and it seems to be a very nice place. The facility is very clean and the people are nice. I think the only complaint was about the food. The residents are seated and they don't seem to get the food in a timely manner. Sometimes it's cold and sometimes they don't have what they need. When they had nothing but rice and potatoes for quite a while, and they complained, they said food has to fit the budget. That's the problem, because people pay that kind of money and they're not getting what's worth. So they just need to improve the food and service. Although they say it has gotten a little better.

About Wentworth of Las Vegas

Wentworth of Las Vegas is an assisted living facility in Las Vegas, NV that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Wentworth of Las Vegas for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Wentworth of Las Vegas