Silver Sky Assisted Living

8220 SILVER SKY DRIVE, Las Vegas, NV, 89145

Reviews of Silver Sky Assisted Living

Kathryn11 January 08, 2015

Silver Sky Assisted Living is a wonderful place for people. They have everything .They have a nursing line in staff, individual rooms, and the best food. They are very attentive and loving to the people, and their activity director is very good. Everybody I talked to is happy there.

Caring88569250 November 15, 2014

Mom and dad are both getting excellent care over at Silver Sky. They have a very capable staff. I don’t know everything that goes on there, but they have a hair salon, they went to dining, and then they have a lot of daily activities and such. I know that they like it there and that’s the most important thing. Actually I feel comfortable with them being there. The reason we chose this was because it’s very close to where my sister lives so that was the convenience for us. She checks in on them several times a week, and she’s very comfortable with that. The people living there and the staff are friendly. It’s clean and has a homey atmosphere. There are several hospitals nearby the facility. A shopping center is very close to it and so is Costco.

Anthony16 November 11, 2014

My mom was in Silver Sky for three years. In the beginning, it was pretty good, and we enjoyed it. It wasn’t as regimented but free flowing, but as her dementia progressed, it was no longer good for her. Their level of care was very low because of understaffing. The staff’s attitude was lackadaisical. They had Bingo every day at 1:00 pm, and on Wednesday they added at 6:00 pm. During the day either there was somebody that would come and sing, or they would have somebody that would come and do yoga with them. The food left something to be desired. In the beginning when she first moved in it was awesome, then it declined because of a change in chef. I guess they were just trying to save money.

Caring99972350 October 07, 2014

A friend of mine took me over at Silver Sky for a visit. It’s a lovely facility. The dining room was elegant. The apartments were lovely, and the staff was helpful. They have movies and game rooms for cards. They also have like a party room. It was as close to perfect that I could have ever wanted.

Caring91591650 August 13, 2014

I researched a lot of places in Las Vegas on my own and I came across Silver Sky at Deer Springs. So far, I am very satisfied with this one. Everything about is excellent. The food is good; the staff is good; and they aim to please everybody. I am very pleased with the facility. I've recommended it to several people since I moved my mother there. They have all kinds of activities; you name it, they do it. They have music and Bingo. They go out three times a week if they want. They all take your family members to doctor's appointments. They have classes for dancing, crocheting, and art. It is a very, very good place and it is not overly priced compared to the other ones. I have been to many other facilities and they were terrible, so I definitely rate this a five. They also work with people on restricted incomes.

Ron29 June 30, 2014

Silver Sky was close to where my parents lived. I think it's only about 4 to 5 years old, so it's fairly new. I think it has something like 50 or so people. They like the room layout. Also, everything was included in one price. If you need extra services, it's free; you just ask for it. The staff was all very friendly, and my parents have had emergencies in the night several times, and they've been there really fast.

My parents say they like the food. There's one main course, and then if they don't like that, they have other options to eat, like sandwiches and stuff. They bring the food to the table for them.

They have outings. They have exercise 2 or 3 times a week. They have 2 or 3 things going on ever yday. They have bingo going a couple of nights a week, and they have different groups coming in 2 or 3 days a week. They like the care that they get. They don't have to worry about having to go to the hospital for emergencies. There's a doctor who's associated with the VA that comes there.

Nicole9 June 18, 2014

I went to see a friend who was staying at Silver Sky Senior Living. The coordinator took us around and showed us the different levels. You can have your own apartment there. I'd like a room that was up on the third floor. It had a kitchenette area, a living room, a bedroom, a walk-in closet, and a private bathroom. I didn't eat at their dining area, but the people seemed to be enjoying their food.

Jeff23 June 10, 2014

Mom is at Silver Sky. She has her own room. The bedroom is separate from the living room. They have a lot of stuff that goes on there: bingo, mahjong, Scrabble. They have entertainers come in. The staff was all nice and good, very pleasant. It's very clean. It seems all good.

Caring86717750 February 28, 2014

Silver Sky was very nice. The people were welcoming and showed us around. The staff was very friendly.

Celeste1 February 28, 2014

The rooms are beautiful at Silver Sky at Deer Springs. The place is very nice and it really has a pleasant atmosphere. I met with the person at the front desk and a woman who showed me around and they were very personable and very nice, but the facility is just expensive for us and mom can't afford that.

Jeanne15 February 28, 2014

It was very nice. It looked like a very well done place. The staff seemed fine. We didn't see many people. We did see some rooms. It was one I expected because my mother had lived in a place like that, so it really didn't hold any surprises for me. I thought it provided good services for people who could no longer drive for instance. They provided the services that they needed to remain not just well but happy.

Cass1 August 15, 2013

Silver Sky was a very nice place and they don't charge much. They had a billiard table and they had place where I could bake where there was a refrigerator and a stove. The staff was very nice and helpful. They gave me a lot of information. I ate there and I enjoyed the meal very much. The living environment was good. I would recommend it to anyone.

Donna18 June 23, 2013

The only reason we did not choose Silver Sky at Deer Springs for my mom was because it was too far from our area. Also the complex was too large and I'm concerned about how much walking my mom would have to do to get to places like going outside to the yards or getting down to the dining room. However, it was a beautiful facility, very nice, very clean. It was like an upscale hotel with chandeliers. Also they have a very spacious dining room. I didn't get a chance to eat there but the food smelled good. Their staff were very friendly and very informative. I would still recommend this place.

Caring9836 May 22, 2013

Silver Sky is very affordable, and it's just 5 miles from my house. The facility is about six years old, but the rooms are excellent and brand new. I think my mother-in-law is one of the first or second people that live in the unit she's in.

Lorna1 May 11, 2013

I opted for Silver Sky Assisted Living because ot the location. It was secure and there was not a lot of traffic. The staff seemed very good and accommodating. My mom's apartment had a handicapped bathroom, large doorways, private bedroom, little living room and a little kitchenette. The facility was well-maintained and decorated. I have tried eating there and the food was delicious. The atmosphere was very warm and inviting.

theresan February 09, 2013

I decided to have my Mom live here. She moved in November 2011 and passed away February 2012. She took verbal abuse from the owner and several of the med-techs who were actually responsible for her medication had no clue about what type of medication they were giving. At times when she needed help, it took awhile for someone to respond. She was called lazy because she wasn't able to walk to the bathroom, she had a commode which she had for several years, and the director made an issue about that. She only had a nurse visit twice, we never saw her like we were told we would. I would think twice about this facility, unless the director and nurse are gone.

Lauren4 July 24, 2012

We chose Silver Sky because the place was really nice. They've been so helpful and the people were really nice. The place was very clean, well kept, no smelly odor in the air. Very comfortable and warm place to stay.

About Silver Sky Assisted Living

Silver Sky Assisted Living is an assisted living facility in Las Vegas, NV that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Silver Sky Assisted Living for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Silver Sky Assisted Living