Aegis of Las Vegas

9100 West Desert Inn Road, Las Vegas, NV, 89117

Reviews of Aegis of Las Vegas

MNsnowbirds February 20, 2016

My wife and I visiting Aegis Living while snow birding in Las Vegas. From the minute we walked into the secured front door, we knew that we were witnessing something very special. The lobby was filled with residents and they were doing a music reminiscing activity. The facility had no bad odors, it was very clean and there were lots of windows and light. After a very extensive tour, we sat in the courtyard and just observed. The courtyard is beautiful with lots of trees, sitting areas, a swing and a putting green. The only unfortunate thing was the price. If we had the finances, this would without a doubt be at the top of our list.

Travelalot February 20, 2016

My friend was in Assisted Living for a few years and then needed to make the transition to memory care. When I toured Aegis Living, I was blown away. I dropped in without a scheduled tour as I was advised to this by others. I had never witnessed such an amazing atmosphere. I was immediately greeted by their house dog, Zeus and the most friendly staff and residents I have ever met. Clearly the staff are well cared for as this translated to the residents. During my entire tour, there were residents in the courtyard, the lobby was full of residents playing brain games and the facility was immaculate. During my friend's one and half year stay with Aegis, I was active in the community's support group, I joined the family gatherings and even walked with them on their successful fundraising team to end Alzheimer's. I toured numerous facilities in Las Vegas and nothing came close to comparing with Aegis Living. I highly recommend Aegis of Las Vegas.

happy songster February 17, 2016

I had the pleasure of being part of the activities programming at Aegis of Las Vegas one day last month. It was such a positive, caring, fun and active place to be! The staff were warm and inviting, the program folks were positive and involved everyone in their fun. There were volunteers floating through the room being helpful and friendly with the residents. The residents, obviously, were used to this level of compassion and responded in kind. A couple of the residents were included in the programming for that afternoon and it was a delight to be able to sing with a couple of talented women while I was there. If one of my loved ones were needing residential care I would want them to be living in a compassionate place like Aegis of Las Vegas. I give Aegis two thumbs up...and wish I had more thumbs!

diane333 January 04, 2016

Aegis of Las Vegas is an active care center. The residents are kept active with music, exercise, and mind games. Although my Father is not able any longer to actively participate in each activity, he is brought out to the main room and assisted in the activity by one of the many employees and volunteers. The residents are treated with respect as are their families and friends.

Purplesue December 23, 2015

My father has lived here for nearly two years. I am impressed with the caring nature of the staff and the fact all residents are treated with respect. They include as many residents as possible in the activities. They have live entertainment several times a week and it warms my heart to see staff members dancing with residents. I would highly recommend it.

Karen37781550 July 07, 2015

The appearance, the look, and feel of Aegis are wonderful when you walk in, and they have a lot of entertainment, which is nice, but I didn't feel that they really provided quality care. I felt that they provided low care. The residents might have been sleeping in the lobby, and they can't wake them up, then they would just leave them there instead of taking them back to sleep in their bed or on a more comfortable couch. They didn't have the residents doing any activity, which for memory care they need to do something during the day even though it is just flipping cards. They have them doing nothing. They were just sitting there all day watching entertainment, and I just thought that they didn't help them at all. They should just provide more attention to the residents' care.

mymomsdaughter26 June 01, 2015

I visit a friend at Aegis at different times of the day. I don't understand why anyone would give this place a bad review. It's very clean, has the sweetest employees, lots of big windows with natural light, lots of activities both in and outside the place, and the food is plentiful and very good. And the ladies will get something different to eat for the residents if they ask. Every time I'm in the dining area the ladies are checking on each resident to see if they are eating and if they would like assistance. They really do care about the residents. Tonight a resident leaned forward in her wheelchair to reach for something and someone saw her immediately and rushed to assist her. A gentleman resident was sliding down in his chair slightly and I saw someone attend to him right away. Tonight I joined many of the residents in the large common area where we listened to old songs by Johnny Cash and Elvis and others. I noticed many of the residents tapping their toes or fingers and even singing along. It makes my day every time I see the smiles and enjoyment on their faces. The deco is simple, which in my opinion is great. Who wants a ton of things in the way or to clean all the time? I'd rather have the time spent on my loved one. There is lots of room for the residents to pass one another in the hallways and the individual rooms are personally decorated by the residents and their families. I don't know what more one could ask for. I appreciate everything about Aegis. It's a wonderful place!

Verna2 April 12, 2014

Aegis is a very wonderful community, very, very, very expensive. I don't know how long I can keep my husband there, but I'm going to try as long as I can. There have three people who work as recreational or therapy-type people, and they keep them busy all day. They don't force them to do anything. If they say they don't want to do whatever is going on, from exercise to arts, they keep out of places. They work with them, trying to keep their memory at whatever level they're at. They have 3 registered nurses 24 hours, 7 days a week, so if there are any problems, they can be taken care of. They are fantastic, and they're always good for hugs and kisses, and one of the ladies, every time they hug her, she gives a little squirm and smiles. She enjoys it.

It is immaculate all the time. I've been there every day, never smelled any urine smell at all. I'm there every day for at least two meals, and the food is fantastic. It is really, really good, and they serve it hot. If you don't like what they have, you can request something else and they'll get it. There's one little lady and whatever they have, she just says she doesn't want it, so they'll get her something else and they're very happy to do it as the dietician comes and talks to her.

luther70 June 23, 2013

I came from California to see Aegis I was told no one could give me prices. I had a short tour which I was not impressed with the sad décor. The dogs were a nice idea but they looked dirty and I saw unkept cages for them. It is called upscale BUT I felt it was not and since I did not get prices I went to a facility nearby and chose that one. Just call first to make sure someone is there to give you prices and help with a tour. The person was not friendly and asked me to call the director the following day for pricing later I found out the cost and wow what a shock

caringsoul234 June 11, 2013

This is not upscale and very pricey. I actually smelled urine and it was poorly decorated.I would not leave my Mom there and the ejector spoke really fast and seemed nervous

Caring1008 May 22, 2013

The director at Aegis of Las Vegas seem to be really on top of everything. The staff is very much involved with everybody and knew everybody by name. I love the idea that there's garden area, because I think it's important that the residents have a place to get out into. And it's not just a garden area or a courtyard but with places to sit.

David20 March 29, 2013

Aegis of Las Vegas was a big place. It was fresh but also expensive. They had good food. But my mother only stayed for a couple of weeks.

From Aegis of Las Vegas

Within our welcoming community you will find the finest care and surroundings for your loved one living with Alzheimer's or dementia. Our focus is on helping your family regain peace through compassionate, comprehensive services delivered with respect and admiration.

Located in the inviting, residential area called The Lakes, Aegis of Las Vegas offers dedicated care to help make life more comfortable and secure. Our community has outdoor grounds with plenty of walking paths and sitting areas to enjoy the warm, sunny weather. We are only ten minutes away from the Boca Park shopping center, Summerlin hospital and the spectacular Redrock mountains.

Visit Aegis of Las Vegas today and take a tour of our Aegis of Las Vegas Alzheimer's and Dementia Care retirement community.

Location of Aegis of Las Vegas