Aegis of Las Vegas

Overview of Ratings

4.1

January 04, 2016

By diane333

Aegis of Las Vegas is an active care center. The residents are kept active with music, exercise, and mind games. Although my Father is not able any longer to actively participate in each activity, he is brought out to the main room and assisted in the activity by one of the many employees and volunteers. The residents are treated with respect as are their families and friends.

December 23, 2015

By Purplesue

My father has lived here for nearly two years. I am impressed with the caring nature of the staff and the fact all residents are treated with respect. They include as many residents as possible in the activities. They have live entertainment several times a week and it warms my heart to see staff members dancing with residents. I would highly recommend it.

July 07, 2015

By Karen37781550

The appearance, the look, and feel of Aegis are wonderful when you walk in, and they have a lot of entertainment, which is nice, but I didn't feel that they really provided quality care. I felt that they provided low care. The residents might have been sleeping in the lobby, and they can't wake them up, then they would just leave them there instead of taking them back to sleep in their bed or on a more comfortable couch. They didn't have the residents doing any activity, which for memory care they need to do something during the day even though it is just flipping cards. They have them doing nothing. They were just sitting there all day watching entertainment, and I just thought that they didn't help them at all. They should just provide more attention to the residents' care.

June 01, 2015

By mymomsdaughter26

I visit a friend at Aegis at different times of the day. I don't understand why anyone would give this place a bad review. It's very clean, has the sweetest employees, lots of big windows with natural light, lots of activities both in and outside the place, and the food is plentiful and very good. And the ladies will get something different to eat for the residents if they ask. Every time I'm in the dining area the ladies are checking on each resident to see if they are eating and if they would like assistance. They really do care about the residents. Tonight a resident leaned forward in her wheelchair to reach for something and someone saw her immediately and rushed to assist her. A gentleman resident was sliding down in his chair slightly and I saw someone attend to him right away. Tonight I joined many of the residents in the large common area where we listened to old songs by Johnny Cash and Elvis and others. I noticed many of the residents tapping their toes or fingers and even singing along. It makes my day every time I see the smiles and enjoyment on their faces. The deco is simple, which in my opinion is great. Who wants a ton of things in the way or to clean all the time? I'd rather have the time spent on my loved one. There is lots of room for the residents to pass one another in the hallways and the individual rooms are personally decorated by the residents and their families. I don't know what more one could ask for. I appreciate everything about Aegis. It's a wonderful place!

April 12, 2014

By Verna2

Aegis is a very wonderful community, very, very, very expensive. I don't know how long I can keep my husband there, but I'm going to try as long as I can. There have three people who work as recreational or therapy-type people, and they keep them busy all day. They don't force them to do anything. If they say they don't want to do whatever is going on, from exercise to arts, they keep out of places. They work with them, trying to keep their memory at whatever level they're at. They have 3 registered nurses 24 hours, 7 days a week, so if there are any problems, they can be taken care of. They are fantastic, and they're always good for hugs and kisses, and one of the ladies, every time they hug her, she gives a little squirm and smiles. She enjoys it. It is immaculate all the time. I've been there every day, never smelled any urine smell at all. I'm there every day for at least two meals, and the food is fantastic. It is really, really good, and they serve it hot. If you don't like what they have, you can request something else and they'll get it. There's one little lady and whatever they have, she just says she doesn't want it, so they'll get her something else and they're very happy to do it as the dietician comes and talks to her.

June 23, 2013

By luther70

I came from California to see Aegis I was told no one could give me prices. I had a short tour which I was not impressed with the sad décor. The dogs were a nice idea but they looked dirty and I saw unkept cages for them. It is called upscale BUT I felt it was not and since I did not get prices I went to a facility nearby and chose that one. Just call first to make sure someone is there to give you prices and help with a tour. The person was not friendly and asked me to call the director the following day for pricing later I found out the cost and wow what a shock

June 11, 2013

By caringsoul234

This is not upscale and very pricey. I actually smelled urine and it was poorly decorated.I would not leave my Mom there and the ejector spoke really fast and seemed nervous

May 22, 2013

The director at Aegis of Las Vegas seem to be really on top of everything. The staff is very much involved with everybody and knew everybody by name. I love the idea that there's garden area, because I think it's important that the residents have a place to get out into. And it's not just a garden area or a courtyard but with places to sit.

March 29, 2013

By David20

Aegis of Las Vegas was a big place. It was fresh but also expensive. They had good food. But my mother only stayed for a couple of weeks.

About Aegis of Las Vegas

Within our welcoming community you will find the finest care and surroundings for your loved one living with Alzheimer's or dementia. Our focus is on helping your family regain peace through compassionate, comprehensive services delivered with respect and admiration.

Located in the inviting, residential area called The Lakes, Aegis of Las Vegas offers dedicated care to help make life more comfortable and secure. Our community has outdoor grounds with plenty of walking paths and sitting areas to enjoy the warm, sunny weather. We are only ten minutes away from the Boca Park shopping center, Summerlin hospital and the spectacular Redrock mountains.

Visit Aegis of Las Vegas today and take a tour of our Aegis of Las Vegas Alzheimer's and Dementia Care retirement community.

Map of Aegis of Las Vegas