The Windsor at Ortega

5939 Roosevelt Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL, 32205

Reviews of The Windsor at Ortega

June 29, 2015

The Windsor was top marks. It was probably the most expensive of the three we looked at. It’s a new facility, very clean. The food was very good; the staff was good. The dining area was very nice; it was more like a restaurant than a cafeteria.

May 24, 2015

By Samuel5

Everything is going really well so far, and there are no problems at all at The Windsor. We got both of my parents in a two-room apartment about 720 square feet, and they have a little of everything. They got a movie theater on the lot, and they got all kind of things like cooking classes and walking classes. They have TV and an area where they can have the family in a room all by themselves. They have 24 hour nurse care. My parents have a small dog, and they pay a little extra a month for people to walk them. As a matter of fact, I found out yesterday a lot of the girls fight over walking the dog because they enjoy it so much. They are very good, and it is a clean place that just opened in June. It is really clean, really conscientious, and really friendly. Any problems they have, they take care of it right away. They'll give me a call to check in with me.

May 12, 2015

By Beth33

The Windsor was excellent. Everything about it was wonderful. It was perfectly clean. The staff and the director were wonderful. They had standard apartments. They had movies, and they had restaurants.

March 20, 2015

By Sue103542650

My father is in Windsor and the staff is very helpful, accommodating, very good and friendly. They had a variety of sizes for their rooms and a nice variety of meals. The dining room is clean and spacious. They had blocked entrances and a sign in process. There is a wide variety of activities; cards, movies, cooking, bingo, and puzzles. I would recommend it, and we really liked what we saw.

January 13, 2015

By Katherine15

We were referred to Windsor at Ortega. The staff is very lovely and very helpful. They have lovely rooms; they were brand new and spacious. The dining room is beautiful, and the food is OK with limited choices, like a café. They could improve on the food. They have very strong security. They have a calendar of activities.

December 28, 2014

The Windsor is very new. It's 6 months old. It's very clean, and the staff seemed to be very good. It definitely would have been my choice if they had a higher skilled nursing facility. That was the only drawback for me. They didn't have full skilled nursing

September 13, 2014

By Linda93874450

Windsor at Ortega was gorgeous. It was a light, bright, and brand new, beautiful place. And, they had lots of activities and lots of things. I have a friend that lives there, and when I went there with my mom they had something like a Mardi Gras thing going on and it was very nice. This place was like over-the-top gorgeous. They had a movie theater room and lots of parking too. The food was excellent. They had real plates, real silver, and not the plastic stuff. My mom thought it was too fancy.

August 30, 2014

By Cynthia29

We choose The Windsor at Ortega for my brother-in-law because it seems to be the best fit for him. The staff is excellent. They have a lot of activities planned and they are very caring. The room is beautiful. It's brand new and big enough. The food is excellent and the dining room is beautiful. They have activities like bingo and different games. They have Luau and parties. It's just very nice and I just like everything about it. I would absolutely recommend it to others.

June 30, 2014

By gil0338

The Windsor at Ortega is brand new. I'm very impressed with that facility; except that they just had a small refrigerator and a microwave, and my mother wanted a full kitchen. The first thing I like is that every so often between the apartments, they create a large sitting area with tables and chairs, so people don't have to walk any long distance if they want to mingle, which I think is great. They have an extremely large movie theater, and a huge, huge flat screen TV, and they have it equipped for the hearing impaired, too. They have a cooking area in which they hold cooking classes. It's not very large; I think they have about ninety rooms, so it's a bit personal. And then, they have another area, which you won't even know is there. It's a secured area for the people that end up with Alzheimer's or dementia; that they're able to monitor them closer. That would have been the perfect place for my mother. The dining area is very, very nice, and they have tables of different sizes. They provide three meals a day, and two are fitted into the price.

June 26, 2014

By Joanne6111

Windsor was nice, but I don't think they offer enough. The facilities need an upgrade, and I wasn't impressed with the dining room. Nevertheless, it was better than the other facility I saw. Also, it was in a nice neighborhood.

May 11, 2014

By Janet83484650

We saw the Windsor, and they were brand new. Everything was excellent. We went there during the building stage, and it was like going into a construction site, but the girl was very nice and helpful. Everyone connected with Windsor was very helpful and friendly. They weren't at the stage where they had laid the floor and had placed the furniture yet, but we did see all of the rooms and the facilities that would be there, and we were impressed with the fact that the laundry machines were on every floor. That was really an extra. We did see a room with a carpet, so we had a good feel of how our furniture would fit. They also had several units that seemed very satisfactory, and for what we were thinking of nursing home rooms, they were very spacious, and we liked that. I liked the security of the place. It was very nice and had everything we were looking for, but it was ultimately too expensive. Since then, they have been calling regularly to see if we have made a further decision.

Photos of The Windsor at Ortega

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance

About The Windsor at Ortega

Opening in June 2014

The Windsor is a licensed assisted living and memory care residence dedicated to providing quality services in a warm, comfortable environment. We offer professional, personalized services designed to enhance the quality of life for those we serve.

At The Windsor, we are dedicated to each Residents' independence, choices and dignity.

Visit us for a tour and you'll see how our combination of a warm residential setting along with the caring, helpful staff at The Windsor is just the right choice for your housing or service needs.

Philosophy of Service

The Windsor is dedicated to providing the highest standard in quality of service, environment, and care to residents and their families. The foundation of our approach to service is built upon fundamental concepts we believe are important to every resident.

The concepts are central in our approach to quality service and supportive residential environments:

• Promote the individuality of each resident
  • Offer each resident dignity and respect
  • Foster independence for each resident
  • Support each resident’s right to privacy
  • Support the needs of family and friends
  • Provide a supportive residential environment
  • Partner with residents and family in care decisions
  • Offer individual choices in care, services and lifestyle
Tailored Services

At The Windsor, we recognize that each person has individual needs and preferences. With this in mind, we offer each resident a flexible service combination we call Tailored Services. The combination of the Base Monthly Service and the Tailored Services you choose results in your monthly Tailored Pricing. This unique plan provides you with the most individual personal service in the most cost effective manner.

Base Monthly Service Includes:

• Spacious apartment
  • Utilities (except phone)
  • Routine maintenance
  • Weekly housekeeping & linen service
  • Health monitoring by full time professional staff
  • Life Enrichment activities
  • 24-hour access to staff
  • Licensed nurse on staff

Tailored Services may include: (but are not limited to)

• Medication Assistance
  • Specialized diets
  • Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, and other personal care
  • Assistance with ambulation
  • Personal Laundry

The Windsor Personal Assessment provides for cooperative planning between you and our staff. As your needs or wants change, your Tailored Services can change with you. At The Windsor, you pay only for the services you need or want.

Enriching Activities

Life enriching activities come alive at The Windsor. Residents participate in hobbies, cultural events, educational opportunities, religious activities, and interesting trips, along with the opportunity for new experiences. New friends are made and relationships strengthened by spending enjoyable time together. Special cultural and community events are a highlight on The Windsor Life Enrichment Calendar.

The Life Enrichment Coordinator and the nurse create The Windsor Wellness Program which may include fun exercises, activities, and health education. The Windsor Wellness Program is designed to enhance the overall health and well-being of the residents.

Companion Services

You may choose additional personalized support or services through our specialized program call Windsor Companions. Windsor Companions spend time one-on-one with the resident providing special attention or care such as reading, shopping, letter writing, supervision, and support.

Quality Design Features

Every design feature of The Windsor is based on our philosophy of service and our dedication to creating quality environments and service delivery systems for the residents we serve.

Exterior:

• Elegant home-style architecture
  • Porte Cochere providing weather-covered access to front entrance
Interior:
  • Personal Care Suite providing health and wellness evaluations and services
  • Therapeutic and relaxing whirlpool spa
  • Elegant Palma Sola dining room
  • Courtyard Cafe for casual dining and snacks
  • Enclosed courtyard / screened lanai
Apartments:
  • Seven distinctive apartment styles
  • Kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, sink, and cabinetry
  • Wall-to-wall carpeting, except bathrooms
  • Large bathroom with curbless shower
  • Emergency Call System with speaker response
  • Telephone and cable connections
  • Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
  • For your "Peace of Mind"
  • Electronically controlled entrances
  • Fire/smoke and sprinkler systems
  • Emergency generators for certain living areas

Map of The Windsor at Ortega