Plantation Oaks Senior Living | High Springs

America's Highest Rated Communities

Reviews of Plantation Oaks Senior Living | High Springs

Average Rating:

Cindy Aimee June 24, 2014

My mother is a resident at Plantation Oaks. She has only been there for 3 weeks, but they staff and management alike treat her like family. They are concerned about any needs she has. She likes the food, and her room is very nice.

playful June 06, 2014

The center is expanding in the number of rooms, but they lack other activities such as a excerise room, outings, not much social things going on. I think they also need more staff for the care that some of the people require. Sometimes it is more than 15 minutes before staff responds to a call. The admin. staff is nice, but it is so hard to get to talk to someone in private, do not like talking at the desk for all to hear. One the plus side they do a nice job of decorating for each holiday, The kitchen staff is very friendly and also willing to see that everyone likes what they are served. Their has been a lot of staff changes recently, hoping to see some good help.

davsouth September 26, 2013

My mother lived here and found it very comfortable and made herself right at home. It is peaceful, has great staff, good food, and was a wonderful place for her.

Kristen7 July 30, 2013

My husband and I only looked at Plantation Oaks once. They're not very big and they didn't offer as much. They told us they're supposed to be expanding. But the main thing was the odor of urine bothered me. The room they showed us smelled and the carpet needed to be replaced. The place has been there for a long time.

But the people were excellent. Everybody we met there were really nice. I think this is a relatively new group. The lady that showed us around, the gentleman and the lady in the front office were wonderful. The maintenance man was nice. I think it's just that they were newer management team.

Anne7 July 17, 2012

It's a smaller facility but it was very nice. It's spotless and smelled very clean. This would have been a good place to go for my mom. Their goal was to keep the residents outside doing things as opposed to being in your room all day. They were good with that as they have a lot of activities. Even if it's a small town, they still have a lot of things to do. They have bingo and people that are artists and play the piano for everybody to hear. The day that we spent there, the administrators mentioned that their motto is that the patients are the people who give them a job and he only wants staff that are friendly and helpful. That pretty much came true. The staff there seemed to enjoy what they were doing.

Chelsea3 March 16, 2012

Plantation oaks is an amazing place. My aunt was a resident there and she really enjoyed the stay. She often stayed in the garden and library. She had many friends and introduced me to most of them. She said the dining area was so beautiful and they offered several choices. When i visited i noticed the physical and occupational therapy center which i was happy about do to her bad knee as well as the thoughts of being unemployed. I loved this place, the staff were all very nice and very helpful when i was trying to find my aunts room. Her room was absolutely beautiful and so cozy. It was nice to see her and the girls playing poker as usual at the table. I noticed everyone had amazing hair, they all proceeded to tell me about the salon they all go to for there color, cuts and perms. It was really nice to see her so happy. I left this place with a huge smile on my face, and at ease with my choice on bringing her.

PurpleLover November 23, 2011

The entire staff works very hard to meet individual needs, from dietary preferences to medications. A variety of activities are offered to keep minds alert, and they constantly interact with the residents as they move around the facility. Snacks and beverages are available on the main floor to keep people happy and hydrated, as well. The overall feel is that of one large family. The staff attempts to treat each resident as if he or she were a parent or grandparent. I would definitely recommend this facility to anyone looking for assisted living for a family member.

From Plantation Oaks Senior Living

Welcome to Plantation Oaks Senior Living. We are an Independent, Assisted Living and Memory Care community located near Gainesville, Alachua, Ft. White, Newberry and Lake City.

At Plantation Oaks High Springs, we bring the charm, grace and style of the Old South back to life.

We offer Southern Living at its best, with all the comfort, elegance and gentility that our residents so richly deserve. Courtesy and comfort are out highest priority!

The hustle and bustle of the city is replaced by our country setting. Our residents love sitting on the front porch and walking through our courtyard. Come and visit Plantation Oaks and we are sure you want to call it home.

Our community is owned by Greg and Judith Morris whose mission it is for each resident to become a part of our Plantation Oaks family.

Features of Plantation Oaks Senior Living

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: Shared Living
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library and Activity Rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Movie Nights, Bingo, Youth Group Connection

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,450/month