MorningStar Senior Living at Dayton Place

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of MorningStar Senior Living at Dayton Place

December 20, 2014

By LoveToMom

My Mom has lived at the Dayton Place for over 5 years. All of the services have deteriorated significantly since being taken over by Morning Star. Staff turnover has been very high. There has been a new site director every year for the past three years. My research in Dec 2014, found numerous complaints with the City and County of Denver Ombudsperson, about inadequate amount of staff. MorningStar seems to be putting all their money into their newer facilities. This year, for the first time since my Mom moved in, I have noticed urine and fecal odors in the hall ways. During the 2013-2014 flu season, the Dayton Place was under self imposed quarantine for 3 weeks due to an outbreak of the Norovirus. Dayton management removed the quarantine only to reinstate it 2 weeks later when the health concerns peaked again. The 2014-2015 flu season is off to a poor start with over 10 residents being hospitalized and another 20 reportedly sick. Management seems reluctant to address this problem. Bottom line is I am afraid to visit the facility for fear of becoming infected and will be working aggressively to relocate my Mom to a different facility. But change for her is very hard.

We are very sorry to learn of your historic disappointment. MorningStar at Dayton Place now boasts a strong and caring team. As evidence, resident families just nominated a current care manager for the George and Pat Sugerman Excellence in Caregiving award through the Alzheimer’s Association. MorningStar has designated dining waitstaff in addition to care managers. Cleaning is done daily by our housekeepers and additional deep cleaning is frequent. The wellness team achieved 100% success for flu shots in 2015, and expects to do so again in 2016. Many in leadership have been serving this MorningStar community for multiple years. Management responds quickly and directly to concerns, and acts proactively on behalf of residents’ well being. MorningStar at Dayton Place is excited to unveil its latest investment in resident care: interactive software called "It’s Never 2 Late," designed for the continuing entertainment and education of seniors.

August 01, 2014

By Michelle88620250

Morningstar Senior Living was very nice, but t was too far. It was a nice building. It's just not what we were looking for. The saleslady we encountered was mean so she wasn't very helpful.

August 27, 2013

I went and looked at Morningstar for my parents. I like this facility. This is one of the facilities that our healthcare provider recommended to us especially with regards to my father's illness. I like it because it is a little smaller facility, so my dad wouldn't get lost inside. It is also clean. Their staff is very friendly and helpful. They are ever willing to talk to their residents. They are forward and very nice. They know everybody by their first names and that is very nice. The only problem I have with this facility is its location. It is very close to a very busy street, so I wasn't too sure about that.

May 08, 2012

By Ranger32

The senior living facility I visited was very comfortable. It was not a suffocating atmosphere in the least bit, and the employees I had conversations with were cordial and friendly. The living "quarters" were not super spacious, but at the same time they were not crowded either. This was a positive implication because since the room wasn't the size of a house or an apartment, it made them go out into the facilities and communicate with other residents, interact socially, and participate in events. While it is often a heartbreaking time for a senior to leave their home and their memories in order to live under supervised watch, this place served as a nice medium, being welcoming and looking out for the needs of that individual. The social interaction is what gave this facility such a positive aura. There were numerous social gatherings and events throughout the week that let the residents interact as much as possible, allowing them to take their mind of the needless worries and bothersome troubles of living under assisted care. For instance, residents could look forward to bingo on weekday afternoons and movie nights on the weeknights. The events were specific and on the walls of each room so every resident had the opportunity to come and interact. Also, the facility continued to adhere to those with spiritual and religious beliefs, with it's own "church" inside the facility which allowed residents to attend mass daily within the comfort of their own area. This is a great place to not only be attended to as a resident, but to interact as a community as well.

Photos of MorningStar Senior Living at Dayton Place

About MorningStar Senior Living at Dayton Place

Dayton Place, another MorningStar senior community, offers assisted living and independent living apartments spread over three levels. We have 81 studios, one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites for assisted living. For the independent senior, we have 82 one-bedroom and 22 two-bedroom suites. Additionally, our Reflections wing, brand new as of Fall 2009, offers 12 additional one-bedroom apartments for memory-impaired residents.

Stylish floor plans, complete with wall-to-wall carpeting and mini blinds, make it easy to showcase your own personality and taste. Each unit is equipped with a full, handicap-accessible bathroom, and an emergency call system.

You will also be pleased with the thoughtfully designed common spaces that are an extension of your room.

MorningStar is full of diversions and delights. If your hands are itching to be active, something is always astir. Just check in with our concierge, or drop in on our Social Center. If you seek a quiet corner with only a cup of tea as a companion, that too can be found.

Please stop by or call to schedule an appointment at 303-751-5150.

Minimum Monthly Rate: $2,435/month