Sunrise of Hillcrest

13001 Hillcrest Road, Dallas, TX, 75240

Reviews of Sunrise of Hillcrest

July 13, 2015

By CJ7

My impression was that Sunrise of Hillcrest was beautiful, and the people seem very caring. The rooms and apartments were very nice. Dad is in the memory care, and I am specifically talking about the memory care. The room is very clean, homey, and comfortable. The staff seems very friendly, caring, connected, and willing to help. I have eaten there, and the food was extremely good. The dining room was lovely. In the memory care, it is a little bit formal, but it is still beautiful with a gorgeous view of trees, it's very clean, and I am very impressed with the kitchen and dining area were not cut off from each other, so the residents can go into the kitchen and interact with staff. They have memory games, they have beautiful grounds there, and they take some outdoors on walks. It is seemed extremely safe and secure. They are going to buzz if they are going to exit. They have beautiful nature view really impressed me, they have a garden room that they can sit in, and they can do some gardening.

July 04, 2015

By TexasSon

I was the primary caregiver for my Mom (she just passed) - we moved her to Sunrise in December 2012 from an assisted living center in Plano. The Plano center said my Mom required too much care. My Mom thrived at Sunrise. Sunrise at Hillcrest is bright, cheery and has never had that "assisted living smell". Patrick, the facility dog, is a fantastic part of the place - he follows my wife around whenever she visits. In her last month, June 2015, while my Mom was on hospice, I spent 16 hours a day at Sunrise of Hillcrest. That gave me the opportunity to really know and understand the staff there on all three shifts. First, the head nurse may be one of the best health care professionals I have ever known. Also, the aides and med techs taking care of my Mom were simply incredible. They perform unpleasant duties with love, care and concern and I was truly amazed to find that was consistently true on even weekends and nights. I looked at eight facilities in finding a place for my Mom after she was asked to leave the facility in Plano. I always thought that my choice of Sunrise was an excellent place for my Mom but my experience being there at the facility during my Mom's last month showed me how amazing Sunrise of Hillcrest really is - my Mom's last years were much better because of the staff at Hillcrest.

January 01, 2015

By Saving Angel

I have a relative living here currently. Horrible. I feel so bad for the residents that don't have someone always checking. The help is so lazy and SLOW. They never respond in a timely manner to the calls. This place is not inexpensive so the help should be more qualified. The head nurse is their saving grace - she truly cares but is only one woman. I would like my relative to move. New Year - new beginnings. Keep looking if considering this place. They reel you in and then forget it!!

Thank you for your review. Please know we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more specifics about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com. Thank you! Sunrise Team”

September 25, 2013

By David44

My visit at Sunrise has been very good. I like the fact that it is a clean place. Their staff was very cordial and very professional. I like that they were attentive to their residents. It also looked that the residents were being very well cared for

June 07, 2013

By Mary61030850

At Sunrise of Hillcrest, the place was clean, neat and pretty. It's well located. However, there wasn't much activities going on there. We like to do things like play games, do handiwork or visit people, I'm sure there were activities at Sunrise and maybe it's just the time we visited, but the place was unappealing and the staff were unremarkable.

March 02, 2013

By Nana12345

I moved my mother to S at H from another fancy facility but has received MUCH BETTER CARE at Sunrise! Management is kind, caring & available 7 days a week. The staff are kind, friendly & caring. My mother is very active & Sunrise has great parties & celebrates everything possible. The food has improved w healthier options, my mother & her apartment are Lways clean. The firsts AL I picked had a huge walk in closet & big apartment but I've learned the quality if care & activities are WAY MORE IMPORTANT than the room amenities....mom is never in her room except to sleep!!!!

May 19, 2012

By Sabrina B1

I visited this facility because my grandmother has recently relocated there from New Smyrna Beach, Florida. She seems quite happy there and enjoys the company of the other residents. I ate a couple of meals there with her and was surprised to find that the food was comforting and tasty. I decided after visiting Sunrise that I wouldn't mind going there when I am no longer able to care for myself. I like it for my grandma because she is able to maintain a sense of independence in her own room but has all the help and amenities there that she could possibly need. My only complaints are aesthetic- the decor inside is in serious need of an update. The location is convenient, and the rest of my Dallas family members are able to visit her often. She often describes the atmosphere at Sunrise fondly. She seems very happy with the staff and the food.

November 18, 2009

By janet-3

Other concerned individual

Facility is very expensive. Rooms are medium size but nice. Staff is uncertified, but do treat residence great. Meds are a problem in distribution. Best advice - beware and stay alert if you choose Sunrise. Director is a "people pleaser".

Photos of Sunrise of Hillcrest

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Spanish

About Sunrise of Hillcrest

Step into Sunrise at Hillcrest in Dallas, Texas, and you can't help but feel at home. At this assisted living community, we stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture and comfortable community areas, to our choice of suites, exceptional outdoor gardens, and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout this senior living residence, and you may even spot our dog or cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent at this assisted living community is a welcome one.

Sunrise at Hillcrest is built upon a commitment to our residents and their families. We believe no two people are alike, so the senior living services and attention we provide should never be exactly the same. That's also why we offer a variety of lifestyle, service, and care options. By providing these choices, we not only offer solutions for today, we provide the security of knowing that there are options for tomorrow.

In addition to offering senior housing in Texas, Sunrise at Hillcrest also boasts Alzheimer's care, respite care, and short-term care.

Map of Sunrise of Hillcrest