Brookdale Lake Highlands

9715 Plano Road, Dallas, TX, 75238

Promotion ends in 17 days!

IT'S YOUR MOVE. LOCK IN THE 2017 RATE FOR LIFE. Lock in a rate that will never change for residents who take financial possession of an apartment by December 23, 2016. *New residents only. Excludes care costs and other fees. Additional details may apply.

Reviews of Brookdale Lake Highlands

cxbird December 11, 2013

I visited several assisted living locations prior to this one. I was searching for a facility for my father who has mild to mid level dementia. During my tour, I was impressed with how all of the staff news all of the residents names and took the time to stop and talk to all of them. It was clean and homey. My father has been a resident since July and I couldn't be happier with this location. They take really good care of my father and he now loves it there. It did take him a while to adjust but, I blame that on his dementia. They never let his temper tantrums stop them from treating him with respect and patience. They treat all of their residents as if they are members of their own family.

Debbie49 October 24, 2013

The staff at Emeritus at Lake Highlands was very helpful and spent a lot of time answering my questions. I could tell they were concerned about their residents and wanted to make the time that they stayed there comfortable and in a nice atmosphere. They showed me activities that they posted up on a board. When there are holidays, they'll do special things there like hold a special dinner. In case the residents don't have somebody in town to visit, the facility gives them a holiday and makes them feel important. I just wish their private living areas were a bit bigger though.

Frank16 October 19, 2013

Lake Highlands was an old place that they married to a nursing home. It was mainly for people in wheelchairs who needed assisted living. That was the worst place I have ever been in my life. It was so dark and dreary. When I walked in, the girl looked at me real quick and she said this is not where you want to be but I'm glad you came. I was not looking for that type of a place.

Harry9 August 25, 2013

They were fine. Everybody worked well and I was pleased with them. If you want, they could take you to the groceries and bring you back. However, it's just not what I was looking for.

Happyd2 June 19, 2013

emeritus at lakehighlands memory care what a wonderful place my mother lives there I'm very pleased with the Staff and there wonderful leader Jackie she and her staff are always willing to help and make me and my mom feel at home we are greeted with a smile the memory care smell good very clean good food thank you so much for caring for my mom

Dallas Boy May 31, 2013

My wife began having memory issues 5 years ago. As it got worse I could not do it all alone anymore and continue to work full time. So I tried part time caregivers and visiting nurses. These helped but as she got worse the part time help was not enough. I was also concerned for here safety when she was left alone while I was working as well as the lack of interaction with others. Emeritus has solved my problems. The place is clean, the people are caring and friendly, they give her 3 meals and day and keep her safe. She also likes to talk alot and she get an opportunity to talk all day long. Really takes a lot of pressure off of me so I can do my job.

ThesaurusRex June 20, 2012

My family liked everything about this facility with the exception of the food, which was mediocre. The staff was very caring and available, but not intrusive. The facility was bright, clean, and attractively decorated. A walk-in tub was available for residents who needed it. It had an excellent resident exercise program. All in all, our family had positive experiences with this facility.

commercesd January 16, 2012

The Emeritus at Lake Highlands is a lovely facility with plenty of nicely kept outside grounds for the residents to enjoy. French doors grace many of the outer areas, for a very home-like feel. There is a wrap-around seating around around the facility with plenty of nice seating areas to enjoy the outside. There is also a lovely gazebo in the large back yard.

The quaint living room features a roll-top desk and bookshelves with books. All of the communal rooms looked homey with colonial and antique furnishings. One of the main rooms had really nice hardwood floors.

The dining rooms were nicely furnished with a homey feel. The food offered looked appetizing and healthy. They had varied menus and take suggestions from the residents. They also offer a variety of healthy snacks throughout the day.

They have both shared and private living spaces. The rooms we saw were decorated in a neutral fashion so that residents could add their own personality and style.

The seniors have access to exercise facilities and training and classes, plus they can enjoy the many place to walk and enjoy the outdoors, due to the mild climate in Texas.

It's central location in East Dallas makes it easy to get to many other great communities like Mesquite, Garland, Plano, Richardson, Preston Hollow and the Dallas metro area. The senior have access to plenty of different kinds of shopping experiences, cultural events, and restaurants from casual to fine dining. The many stimulating entertainment venues in the region provide a great deal of opportunity for stimulating and enjoyable activities.

We could see that the staff at this facility was kind and caring, with a level of respect and understanding for all of the residents.

GreatNephew2 January 07, 2012

The majority of my family are elderly members, so a lot of them have been checking there selves into nursing homes and assisted living facilities to retire and relax in their last days. My wife recently found that her aunt wanted to follow the trend on my side of the family and check herself in to a assisted living home. Emeritus at Lake Highlands was one of the closest locations to her aunt's kids and since I have been looking at a lot of nursing homes and assisted living facilities in the past few years, they choose me to do a look over of the spot before they took Aunt Marie in to see the place. As soon as I walked in, the sitting area made me fast forward into the future. I could see her grand kids and my family sitting around relaxing before and after a day out. The staff seemed genuinely nice, which was a plus because a lot of the places I have been turned out to be faking it for the sake of their job. The quality for the price of the site is what sold me completely in the end of my look around facility. They actually have a system they call weCare that monitors each guest and staff that help with medication administration, laundry, and pretty much anything else that an elderly guest could need help with. I would recommend Emeritus at Lake Highlands to anyone in need of a quality location for a family member.

dmac8823 September 29, 2011

I recently visited Emeritus at Lake Highlands to visit a family friend. The lobby of the facility was very cozy. It reminded me of visiting my grandmother's house during the holidays. I noticed some residents in a nearby room enjoying a conversation over what appeared to be tea. I was pleased to see they were so relaxed and happy. Next thing I know I was greeted by a member of the staff. I mentioned I was here to see a family friend and I was not familiar with the facility. She was very polite and walked me down the hall to where my family friend was waiting for me. I mentioned to her that the facility seemed quite pleasant and that everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. She agreed with me and added that she was very pleased with the facility. We chatted for awhile and then I left, but as I passed through the lobby again I realized that this facility was a very nice place to live.

DallasDaughter August 08, 2011

My mom and dad have resided here for over a year. Both have been in and out of the hospital. The staff has been very helpful and supportive, encouraging both of them to take advantage of the programs there. The accounting staff has also been helpful as we sold my parents' home and have navigated Medicare options.

From Brookdale Lake Highlands

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Lake Highlands

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Features extra: Library

• Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Housing extra: "Open" suite (bedroom and sitting area separated by a wall, plus small kitchenette)
  • Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 000371