Gurwin Jewish - Fay J. Lindner Residences

50 Hauppauge Road, Commack, NY, 11725

Reviews of Gurwin Jewish - Fay J. Lindner Residences

marissadg April 25, 2012

I hated this place. The staff were nice overall, but this place was more of a business than an assisted living center. They did not have the ability to deal with my Grandma and her alzheimers, and so it made it very difficult for them to stay there. The place was drab, and seemed a little dirty, it also smelled awful. The lighting was poor and it was not worth the money they were charging. Everything they had was charged for, we felt that this place was only in the business for the money, not to actually care for people. My grandma had to be moved over to the nursing home unit of the facility at one point and they fought my grandfather tooth and nail to allow him to be able to stay with her there, they had been married foer 62 years and they were trying to keep them apart, at their age, and with my grandma's alzheimers, that could be detrimental to both of their health, something they didn't take into account. My father helped get things done for my grandparents and the facility seemed to always make him jump through hoops to get anything done. They left after 3 months because of how awful it was.

AnnyMin3 May 30, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My grandmother stayed here from 2005 until she passed away in 2009 and I have to say this is a very impressive facility. Although it is a bit on the pricey side, you definitely get what you pay for. The private rooms are very nice and clean with a kitchenette, the staff is friendly and they offer plenty of activities to keep you busy. What's great about this facility is that it's right next to the Jewish Y in Commack so you don't have to go far at all if you like to go swimming or enjoy Jewish cultural activities. The Gurwin Center also provides their residents with transportation. Another feature here is they do have a synagogue on site. Although the Gurwin Center is a Kosher facility and has mainly Jewish residents, there were also quite a number of non Jewish residents too. Very warm and friendly atmosphere and inviting to all faiths. I was impressed and highly recommend the Gurwin Center to anyone thinking about staying at an assisted living facility.

From Gurwin Jewish - Fay J. Lindner Residences

Your search for the ultimate in Long Island Assisted Living is over. Gurwin Jewish is a name you may know, because we’ve been providing outstanding care in our community for almost three decades. During that time, our primary focus has never changed: We began by providing the highest quality care and caring to seniors on Long Island at our nursing and rehabilitation center, and that commitment to excellence extends to our Gurwin Jewish~Fay J. Lindner Residences assisted living community in Commack, as well. At Gurwin’s Lindner Residences, we’ve thought of everything so you don’t have to: dining, fitness, beauty, entertainment, security, health care and assistance. Your well-being is our only concern, and our staff is at your service. Visit us and see what Lindner Residences, Gurwin’s assisted living community, is all about.

Our community is set on 10 lovely country acres, surrounded by manicured gardens and beautifully-landscaped walking paths, with an abundance of outdoor activities including a shuffleboard court, putting green and LifeTrail exercise stations. Lindner Residences shines as the pinnacle of Long Island assisted living communities, with apartment options including one or two bedrooms, and plenty of communal space that may be used for entertaining, community activities or just spending time alone with a book. And while Jewish culture is important for many of our Assisted Living residents, we welcome residents of all faiths and cultures.

Features of Gurwin Jewish - Fay J. Lindner Residences